Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

A question about SEX!!!

[ca...]

Ok I'm asking this forum instead of scouring the internet for forums related to sex because I feel at home here.  I might as well ask the personal questions lol.  I feel dumb for asking as I thought I should be smarter for my age lol

Ok so I had some mishaps with sex.  I had sex where there was some unprotected penetration for a few minutes before we used a condom. This was on last day of period.  I got paranoid and decided to take the emergency contraceptive pill.  3 days later I have another bleeding period due to the pill. Is this considered a real period??  It was super heavy. Anyways, fast forward to today and it seems like its the last day of this bleeding because it is lighter.  I have sex with a condom on but the condom slipped off in the end and he caught it before it spilt.  I felt some liquid go down my right leg but he caught the opening of condom to my left leg.  I don't know if those were my own arousal fluids running down my right leg or it was from the condom.  He said that the condom was still slightly on him when he caught it.  I really don't want to do another emergency pill as it wrecks havoc on the body.  What are my chances of being pregnant?  Even if lets say there was spillage outside my private parts??

Really not very high, but obviously possible. For a start you would have to be in your fertile time of the month, ie roughly halfway between your periods. Secondly, it sounds unlikely that any sperm would reach its target! Thirdly, if this has happened twice, you need to consider an alternative form of contraception. It seems you two are not experts with condoms! Suggest you visit your family doctor or clinic. Remember that you may have to use condoms as well as an alternative due to STI's.

I hope this helps. If it was a joke to put this on here then I don't care as long as you feel safer.    :thumbsup:

Lol no no no this is real.  As real as it can be for me.  I was freaking out!  I don't have experiences with these mishaps so first times always throw me into a frenzy.  I was reading that sperm can be strong swimmers and can make its way inside.  And my benzo brain automatically went into freak out mode.  The more i searched the more information gathered steering towards the 'Yes you can be pregnant' direction!  Lots of posters claim you can get pregnant during your period, which i'm sure happens, but can't be as common as when not on period.  I know from memory of how i was before, i would probably stay level headed and wait it out, but benzo withdrawal makes me want to reach for a solution as soon as possible without thinking of the consequences.  Those emergency contraceptive pills are a huge dose of hormones which i'm sure doesn't agree with our body chemistry, especially during withdrawals.  I was majorly fatigued with heavy periods from hell!  Thank you so much for your help though.  It has helped me calm down and look at it objectively.

Ps.  If im not considering this bleeding from plan b pill,  i am technically half way between my periods.  I just don't know if plan b period is considered a real period.  If its not, then ill get another period in two weeks.  Theres conflicting info online regarding whether this is a period. Some call it breakthrough bleeding or spotting but looking at the amount coming out there's no way i would label this spotting.

Hi. I'm almost sure you can't be pregnant, though the best contraception is not to have sex!!!  If you have been bleeding a lot then your egg would have no lining in your uterus to settle in to.

I understand you don't want implants or the Pill while you're on the benzos so urge you to talk to a health professional.

At least you were sensible enough to take the morning after pill the first time. Have you tried a different brand of condom? Some may be better than others.

Medical people may advise you to use a spermicide in conjunction with a condom. See someone though. Gilly x

• 1 month later...
Hey castillo as much hell benzo brain andbW/D  is you must have some really good windows to even think think about sex....as you can see from my profile im a man and all at that lol. But since I started my 70 mg home detox and completed in may iv not had any sexual arousal naturally since. But I have noticed it hd gotten worse when I started effexor (venlafaxine) can I ask a question from you. ? Do you instigate sex or is it a dutifully chore or is it true what they say that women are more likely to be turned on in W/D ? I also read somewhere that some women are in constant arousal is this also true...tbh I hardly thought about intercourse until last night I took my first election in months but it went away as quick as it (pardon the pun) arisen.  I know your probably not a sex therapist but would like to hear how it has or hasn't affected your libido.  Thank so very much.  Yoursu truly soggy balls lol

LOL well soggy balls, i hate to admit it but when i went into benzo withdrawal my sexual appetite went through the roof like never before.  If i'm reading it right it seems you are a couple months off and my sexual height didnt hit until maybe around 4-6 months.  I cant even gloat about it becus there was nothing one could do that would satisfy it.  It was torture in itself.  I do recall my reaction being different when i was switching SSRIs years ago.  I just felt dead inside and could really care less whether i had sex or not.  I wasnt on benzos long enough to see how it would affect my sex life but if it has the ability to numb your emotions then most definitely it can numb you down there too.

Oh I'll attest to that. Benzos numb you down yonder, and anti-d's do too.

Get off of both, and you'll be needing to get off...a lot...period.

Catch up time.