Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Android OS

[65...]

[65...]

So, now Samsung finally considered its customers and made it available in the UK, I once again did what I swore never to do, caved and did an OTA from Kitkat to Lollipop on my tab and phone and...

Hmmm.. :-\

Aside from noticeable performance improvements while in power saving mode, I have pretty mixed feelings about it.. and I may even revert back to kitkat because I don't remember my tab getting warm from basic web browsing and killing its juice so quickly.  Am I missing the point about Lollipop because so far what I seem to have is a hand warmer for bed and very little extra bling for 300mb less ram.  And no more swipe-up-from-anywhere using custom launchers because Android now uses it for the notification icon page.  I really liked that in holo launcher, too.

Anyone else reverted back to kitkat?  Why do you love or hate Lollipop?

J :)

ps, mac owners.. we're apparently now vulnerable to viruses and malware thanks to the new windows platform somehow affecting the osx kernal.  You may want to read up on it / review your computer security if you haven't already.  :)

So, now Samsung finally considered its customers and made it available in the UK, I once again did what I swore never to do, caved and did an OTA from Kitkat to Lollipop on my tab and phone and...

Aside from noticeable performance improvements while in power saving mode, I have pretty mixed feelings about it.. and I may even revert back to kitkat because I don't remember my tab getting warm from basic web browsing and killing its juice so quickly.  Am I missing the point about Lollipop because so far what I seem to have is a hand warmer for bed and very little extra bling for 300mb less ram.  And no more swipe-up-from-anywhere using custom launchers because Android now uses it for the notification icon page.  I really liked that in holo launcher, too.

ps, mac owners.. we're apparently now vulnerable to viruses and malware thanks to the new windows platform somehow affecting the osx kernal.  You may want to read up on it / review your computer security if you haven't already.  :)

I recently updated my phone to Lollipop because it kept nagging me to  >:(  So far I haven't been impressed and it seems to have broken some of the bluetooth functionality.  I may revert back as well.  :-\

Optimist

Oh, no, tell me it's not so.  :P

I'm a tech moron.  Can you explain this to me in terms I might understand?

I'm using OS X Yosemite version 10.10.