Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Something to do with attitude

[35...]

[35...]

"With the exception of the things I did wrong, I did everything right."

I saw this a few days ago on an image and it struck me as a perfect example of a glass-half-full approach to the burden of the mistakes I've made.  Which is quite a few.

If you're like me and cock it up quite badly sometimes, do you also carry the weight of remorse for a long time, too, or you good at forgiving yourself?

Now I see that statement and wonder if I can just change my perception away from focusing on my mistakes and beating myself up for them, to one where I say 'well, apart from the mistakes I made I did everthing right so.. maybe I'm not too bad after all?', which, in theory, should lead to adopting an outlook of 'everyone makes mistakes and they're only a tiny part of my life'... right?

If this resonates with anyone it'd be nice to a discussion going on approaching our situation with a particular mindset.. answering the standard thread questions about what 'mindest' is and what are the best ones to adopt going through withdrawl and life and all that, ya now?

J :)

As of now, i also am awfully bad in the remorse zone.  I cannot forgive myself for being so weak and needy.  I cannot forgive myself for having lost so much and about to loose more.  I cannot forgive myself and am terrified of not being able to get back the things i have lost. 

I do love your thread though because it made me think that i should practice seeing the good more often and count them out as opposed to the bad.