Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Country & Western and Folk Music Hits!

[tr...]

[c4...]

I've seen Gene Watson in outdoor small concerts many times years ago.  I had many of his albums.  He's very old-timer but relaxing to listen to.  Non of that wild stuff with him.  Older folks like him.

I love Charlie Rich, too and can't post Very Special Love Song.  That's a beautiful song.

those must have been great concerts.  he has a great voice.

Charlie Rich also has a very relaxing voice.    Here's "Very Special Love Song"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXQsK0sMWQ4

Have a good night, Becks

Love, Ins

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ca...]

• [Ja...]

• [ba...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Ins.  I have the CD's here at home.  I think ppl. will enjoy that Charlie Rich song. 

Gene Watson sang a song, Love in the Hot Afternoon, too.  That was a bit wild in its time with the lyrics.

Those concerts were at a firehall outside in lawnchairs.  I saw Patty Loveless there and the Bellamy Brothers many years ago.  It was fantastic.  We would walk to a local bar beforehand and have a few and then go to the concert. 

I remember Patty Loveless's song, Timber.  It was a hit then. 

One of my favorite Reba songs...

Whoever's In New England

Reba

Jaddy one of the best songs from a couple of years back ;) thank you for sharing it ~CD

Glad you enjoyed it CD, I really

like Reba McEntire, she has a very

Unique voice.

Reba.        A little more Reba and that fantastic voice.

And Still

Lorrie Morgan's album, Leave the Light On was a good one.  Patty Loveless was good too.  Lorrie Morgan was married to Keith Whitley, he had a great voice too.   

Alan Jackson-What a Babe he was....I was crazy over him back when this video was made....

Here in the Real World

Livin' On Love

[c4...]

"Darlin' Be Home Soon" - John Sebastian

Beautiful song written by John Sebastian of The Lovin' Spoonful

for the soundtrack of the 1966 Francis Ford Coppola film "You're A Big Boy Now."

Come

And talk of all the things we did today

Here

And laugh about our funny little ways

While we have a few minutes to breathe

Then I know that it's time you must leave

But, darling be home soon

I couldn't bear to wait an extra minute if you dawlded

My darling, be home soon

It's not just these few hours, but I've been

waiting since I toddled

For the great relief of having you to talk to

Alan Jackson wrote a song that Faith Hill sings on one of her earlier albums.  Can't remember the name of the song, king of the castle song about domestic abuse, I believe. 

Lone Justice was an early country cross-over group from the mid 80's, one of my favorites really. Maria McKee was the lead singer...what a voice! Hated to see them break up. You can still catch her live though, and she is excellent. She just finished up the soundtrack for the movie The Ocean of Helena Lee, which came out in May.

Shelter ~ Lone Justice

[c4...]

Lone Justice was an early country cross-over group from the mid 80's, one of my favorites really. Maria McKee was the lead singer...what a voice! Hated to see them break up. You can still catch her live though, and she is excellent. She just finished up the soundtrack for the movie The Ocean of Helena Lee, which came out in May.

Shelter ~ Lone Justice

Tryin'

Thank you for posting this.

I had never heard this band

She's an amazing singer!

Really captivating performance :thumbsup:

:)

You were Always on My Mind

Willie Nelson

Blue Eyes crying in the Rain

Tryin' thanks for posting two great songs  :thumbsup:

I love that Willie Nelson song, You Were Always on My Mind.  I wonder if he was singing about someone he was with?  Did he write that song? 

Hey Becks,

While Willie didn't write the song, he had the most success with it, winning a Grammy with it in 1982. The song was first recorded 10 years earlier by Brenda Lee in 1972. It did so so on the charts, until Elvis recorded another version of it that same year; a short time after splitting with Priscilla. It went on to become one of his biggest hits. Here are both versions.

Brenda Lee

Elvis

Trying, Elvis sung that song beautifully but to me it will always be a Willie Nelson song....here is another one from Willie Nelson that was a great song. Here's another one you might like Sweet Becky.

Angel Flying to Close to the Ground

Unfortunately I'm on dialup ISP because I'm so poor now on diability, so can't get on Youtube, but thank you.  I love both those Willie Nelson songs.  I wonder who Willie was singing about when he chose that song to sing?  It sounds so heartfelt when he sings it and makes me almost cry when I hear it. I guess celebrities aren't home enough to love their mates like the should.  It must be a struggle for them, missing their mates when on the road.