Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Country & Western and Folk Music Hits!

[tr...]

I sure did watch The Dukes of Hazzard.  Kenny Rogers early years songs were very good.  Ruby (Don't Take Your Love to Town) was a classic.  I loved that song. 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ca...]

• [Ja...]

• [ba...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

if i was around in the 70s or eary 80s i wouldve loved to have gone here !!

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab13/nanananabooobooo/Gilleys-dance-hall-in-Pasadena-Texas-exterior_143130_zps5iztfezh.jpg

Country music was big in the 70's and 80's.  I used to go to so many country bars and outdoor concerts and see alot of good country bands and they played all the good cover songs there.  The music was fantastic.  Merle Haggard's, Mama Tried.  Classic.  Went to the beach with a country band that played in a bar there.  That was fun.  Roger McQuinn.  Don't know his songs though. 

Katie , I heard it's really touristy , now , but back in the day this was the place , Gruene Hall , Gruene , TX , The Oldest Dance Hall in Texas ! Cool Place ! I still remember the dog at the door , personal greeter , haha ! He was sweet .

11116968_426045404238030_834210797_n.jpg

Gruene is still my favorite place in Texas , a lot of fun and memories . Gilley's was HUGE , ... what was the name of that John Revolta movie it was in ? It never interested me , Micky Gilley is Jerry Lee Lewis' cousin , HUGE Place , though .

• 2 weeks later...

BELLAMY BROTHERS, "Let Your Love Flow"

If you were around AT ALL in the 70's, you remember this song.  Good luck getting it out of your head. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

That Bellamy Brothers' song, Let Your Love Flow, was played to death in the 70's.  I heard it so many times, I thought I would . . . .well, won't mention it.  All their songs are great.  They are one of my favorite country band duos. 

BELLAMY BROTHERS, "Let Your Love Flow"

If you were around AT ALL in the 70's, you remember this song.  Good luck getting it out of your head. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

hi snurkel ,  great song !! i love classic country gold music !! thanks for the great post

happy belated thankggiving to you too ( i just finished getting all the thanksgiving decorations from the yard)  i hope you enjoyed your holiday with your family godbless you

katie

I liked Lori Morgan, Leave the Lights On album and her deceased husband, Keith Whitley.  He died from alcohol overdose.  I also liked Patty Loveless. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...