Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Country & Western and Folk Music Hits!

[tr...]

hi mrs jaddy,  great songs ! i like old country the most ! .

wow i remember seeing a story about willie nelson awhile back , he used and had the same guitar a very long time he used the same guitar so much  that one part of the wood in the guitar had a small hole from moviing the guitar pick over and over it countless times !!

thanks again for the good songs ! :hug:

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ca...]

• [Ja...]

• [ba...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

hi becks ,  mmhmm  thats the song !  :yippee:  that AM old country radio station isnt that clear that i've been listning to its based in san antonio 150 miles away

babyangel,  Have you ever listened to The Outlaws?  Green Grass and Hightides.  They have a bunch of other really good songs.  Freeborn Man.  The album, Lady in Waiting is good.  Their greatest hits album is the best. 

The Outlaws greatest hits.  It's one of the best albums I own.  How about the Eagles first album, Already Gone with the bird on the front of it?  That was a great album.  songs:  Already Gone, James Dean, You Never Cry Like a Lover, etc.  It was big in the seventies and eighties. 

i couldnt help but laff earlier at this country song i heard this morning  some of the lyrics were " Well I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison" haha

some ole time country from 1975  David Allan Coe - You Never Even Call Me By My Name!!

David Allen Coe. . . . You Never Even Call Me By My Name.  Classic song.  I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison. .  .I went to pick her up in the rain.  But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck, she got runned over by a damned old train. . . . You don't have to call me darlin' darlin'.  You never even call me by my name.  Is that it?  I used to date the sound man for a band called, Chicken Clark's Roadapple Rodeo, and they used to sing that song all the time.  We'd get drunk and sing along with the band.  I listened to that album for decades.  Mona Lisa Lost Her Smile, is another classic song of his.  His greatest hits album is very good. 

Hi Becks im glad you enjoyed this song too that sounds like a fun song of you to sing i thoguht it was funny when i heard it .

i heard this song i liked alot today queen of hearts by juice newton awhile ago i heard another song from her i liked alot more !

angel of the morning from '81

Good Song babyangel "you never called me by my name" never heard it before...but really liked it  :thumbsup:

Thought you would like this one by Hank Williams Jr.....makes me want to get up and do the two step, but I don't have a partner... :laugh:

Hank Williams, Jr.,  Country Boy Can Survive.  I used to date a marine who was a country boy and he loved that song.  Hank was big in the 80's.

I liked Merle Haggard, too, Mama Tried

I liked Billy Ray Cyrus, too.  He had the best voice.  Achy Breaky Heart was played to death on the radio.  It was corny, but he had other good songs.  Can't remember them, now.  Miley Cyrus is so different than he is and so much more successful and has a good voice, too.  She's on SNL tonight. 

I listened to alot of good country music when I was younger, in my early 20's.  Another band that I liked was Pure Prairie League.  Amy, was a good song.  Charlie Daniels band and their earlier stuff.  Marshall Tucker Band's album, Searching for a Rainbow, was fantastic. 

babyangel, this isn't the corny music or where every song sounds the same.  This is classic country music from bands that have an original sound, IMO and good musicians.  I don't like country music today.  It's all pop sounding and it all sounds the same to me.  No substance to it.

• 2 weeks later...

i have more old time classic country from the early '80s

some alabama dixieland delight !!  :yippee:

BabyAngel,

you are not blond anymore?

why did you change your hair colour?

my hair still is blond i just uploaded an old photo someone said i looked better with dark hair im thinking of coloring it back

i heard a good song like 20 minutes ago when i was driving my pickup home i listen to a AM country station with bad recetion 150 miles away they play 70s and 80s country music i heard this song i loved it !!

From 1985 some ronnie Milsap - she keeps the home fires burning !!

another  song i heard i liked alot  Some Willie Nelson from 1982 - always on my mind !! I wonder who copied who willie nelson or the pet shop boys who sound identical?

I probably mentioned it before, but The Bellamy Brothers song, You Ain't Just Whistlin' Dixie, is so beautiful.  They had so many awesome songs.  Can't put up a link.  I can't get on Youtube, I'm on dialup.

my hair still is blond i just uploaded an old photo someone said i looked better with dark hair im thinking of coloring it back

i heard a good song like 20 minutes ago when i was driving my pickup home i listen to a AM country station with bad recetion 150 miles away they play 70s and 80s country music i heard this song i loved it !!

From 1985 some ronnie Milsap - she keeps the home fires burning !!

another  song i heard i liked alot  Some Willie Nelson from 1982 - always on my mind !! I wonder who copied who willie nelson or the pet shop boys who sound identical?

lol

i wouldn't listen what others say to you///especially old ladies

i get all the time old ladies telling to me to cut my hair short and leave my natural colour///

hugs

v

hi everyone keep on listnin to some ole country music ( or any kind of country!) im going out of town most of this week im leaving tonight to the ranch bye everyone god bless you'all