Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I just want to say: I love you all and you're all amazing for doing this

[Ne...]

I didn't know where else to put this. I am slowly, slowly, slowly tapering my diazepam and so far all I've noticed is foot edema which I'm not sure is even related but that's beside the point:

I feel like I avoid a lot of the forum when I feel well because I don't want to read a story and get inside my head over it. Having said that, I want to offer love and support because if everyone just left when they felt well then this would not be a good support forum. Always feel free to PM me. I get those in my e-mail.

All the mods here are champs for sticking with this. I don't think I could do it - well, at least not until I knew I was out of the woods. Even if you've effed up so many times in your life and think you're a failure, if you're tapering and managing at all, then you are a success in my book.

Okay that's it for now. I hope everyone feels better soon.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Nervy!

Awesome! You're Tapering! And you'll get there.

I'm glad to hear your doing ok, other than the foot ( sorry, I don't know about that) .

And I hope your work is going well.

Keep it up!

:smitten:

Moo

Nervgirl: Back at you!  :smitten: I try to check out the BB forum once a day and it has helped me SO much in my taper. If it wasn't for the BB, I really don't know if I would have known how to start my taper or how to deal with the SX, or even how to identify what's happening. I get on here if I'm feeling good or bad. I both look for help and try to help others, but I've found that trying to help others takes a lot of careful wording so that my comments help instead of offend. It's hard to read people from the written word without face-to-face interaction. I receive so much help from reading posts from others. I think so many of us (myself included) are way to hard on themselves, especially at the beginning of withdrawal. That seems like the time when people blame themselves instead of the doctors and drug manufacturers. Keep in touch. You're doing fine and it WILL get better.  :thumbsup:

Just trying to give to the forum in my own way. Can't always handle being on here, but when I can, I remember how amazing people can be.

I didn't know where else to put this. I am slowly, slowly, slowly tapering my diazepam and so far all I've noticed is foot edema which I'm not sure is even related but that's beside the point:

I feel like I avoid a lot of the forum when I feel well because I don't want to read a story and get inside my head over it. Having said that, I want to offer love and support because if everyone just left when they felt well then this would not be a good support forum. Always feel free to PM me. I get those in my e-mail.

All the mods here are champs for sticking with this. I don't think I could do it - well, at least not until I knew I was out of the woods. Even if you've effed up so many times in your life and think you're a failure, if you're tapering and managing at all, then you are a success in my book.

Okay that's it for now. I hope everyone feels better soon.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I 2nd what snowy said. What a kind post!

:)

Hey Nervy!

I'm glad to hear your doing ok, other than the foot ( sorry, I don't know about that) .

Keep it up!

Moo

You're so sweet! Is that you in your pic? you look so young. I guess I thought of you as like mid 30's because you are a "mom" and my mom had me when she was 34. But honestly, I have friends in their 20's having babies so that could be you!

Hey Nervy!

Keep it up!

Moo

You're so sweet! Is that you in your pic? you look so young. I guess I thought of you as like mid 30's because you are a "mom" and my mom had me when she was 34. But honestly, I have friends in their 20's having babies so that could be you!

Heh, that's sweet of you. But I'm 42.

I had my son when I was 32.

I guess the black and white pic makes things look better  ;D

It was taken last week, my son took it.

X

Hey Nervy!

Keep it up!

Moo

Heh, that's sweet of you. But I'm 42.

I had my son when I was 32.

I guess the black and white pic makes things look better  ;D

It was taken last week, my son took it.

X

I thought you said you were not in your twenties at some point but I didn't know how old. Haha. To be going through WD, with a ten year old, and look like that... is pretty amazing. Not trying to be awkward but just sayin'.  :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi NG  :thumbsup: Edema is yet another known side effect of benzos WD, I had it badly in my feet and legs when I was in unknown tolerance WD but its gone now, I used to lay with my legs up the wall to drain the lymph glands. Another way to do it is to raised the  end of your bed up on something so your feet are above your head, and also avoid Nitrates.

Nova xxxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks for replying, Nova! It did seem to coincide with when I started tapering. When I walk in certain shoes and for longer periods of time it seems to go down. My feet end up sore by the end of the day when I do this but then when I wake up it's gone and there's no tight/sore feelings... Until I get it again, if course. Haha. Not fun but it's alright. I need to walk more, I think.

Anyway my message stays the same today: whatever your past transgressions, whatever your pains, you're all persevering and surviving and that's amazing.