Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I am very upset right now. What is happening on this board?.

[Lu...]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lu...]

• [De...]

• [by...]

• [Mo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

AND I AM SHAKING NOW TOO

DH -- please get treatment for your Anxiety disorder -- either meds, therapy or both

it won't just go away -- and it WILL complicate you recovery from BZD w/d

I am actually doing VERY well in my recovery. I no longer have debilitating anxiety like I did and it is because of my JESUS. HE is the reason I am healed and nothing else. I am not going to hide my beliefs because some atheist might get offended. Sorry. I'm not going to apologize. I am being hard headed because I have been nothing but dedicated to this forum and now they lost me for good.

AND I AM SHAKING NOW TOO

DH -- please get treatment for your Anxiety disorder -- either meds, therapy or both

AND DON'T TELL ME TO GET TREATMENT WHEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS ACTUALLY GOING ON IN MY LIFE. HOW DARE YOU?!! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?? WHO HAVE YOU PEOPLE BECOME THE LAST 24 HOURS? REALLY???? THIS IS INSANE AND SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND I AM SHAKING NOW TOO

I am so sorry Destiny. Please forgive Valerie. She is just trying to help. Why don't you join the faith board with me? It seems to be a very friendly board. It attaches onto the regular BenzoBuddies so it is almost like it is always there.

No, I'm sorry. I'm not going to go hide behind a curtain to talk about my faith (I'm not saying you are, but that's what going to a SEPARATE forum feels like to me, so I don't OFFEND anyone). If they have a problem I will expect to login one day and no longer have access to anything. It's fine by me. I'm not going to stop or apologize.

I am so sorry Destiny. Please forgive Valerie. She is just trying to help. Why don't you join the faith board with me? It seems to be a very friendly board. It attaches onto the regular BenzoBuddies so it is almost like it is always there.

Should I be worried then? This must be malpractice. The doctor that we use is one provided to us by the state for the **** where I live. As nuns we do not have to get insurance to have access to healthcare. This concerns me greatly that I would have a positive diagnosis for syphilis and then be given an antibiotic that is not best one to take.

edit: removed personal info

That is what I am saying, yes.

Are you saying that you have been been given a positive diagnosis of Primary syphilis by a doctor?

Something does not smell right --

Primary vaginal syphilis ONLY happens through direct sexual contact with an infected person

Penetrative Sex with a male -- or Oral Sex with a male or female --

The protocol is followed without question -- because the positive test is recorded, the health dept and CDC contacts the doctor and LAB that performed the test -- to ensure treatment is performed

Penicillin Shots are done unless allergic.

I think there is either

Intentional Lying -- withholding of the truth

or

Trolling going on here

:laugh: :laugh: I have to agree with you, it really smells. JESUS :laugh:

Destiny,

I'm sorry you're upset and in disagreement with the forum's guidelines.  Please see the guidelines about disagreement with a moderation decision:

If you’re an observer to moderation action of another member and wish to raise your concerns, the proper way to do this is to Contact the Team or use PMs, not in the thread concerned or in any other threads. Posts that derail threads may be removed or moved to preserve the integrity of the thread in question.

Please post on topic and/or open a Helpdesk ticket about your concerns regarding any moderation issues. 

Thank you,

Challis 

AND DON'T TELL ME TO GET TREATMENT WHEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS ACTUALLY GOING ON IN MY LIFE. HOW DARE YOU?!! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?? WHO HAVE YOU PEOPLE BECOME THE LAST 24 HOURS? REALLY???? THIS IS INSANE AND SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just reading your signature.

Faith is a great thing, but there is a reason MEDICINE exists.

The original purpose of this thread has gone completely off topic.  I am locking this thread for now.

Challis

Administrator.

Oh dear. The thing is, the vast majority of Internet forums do not allow for any religious content. In addition to this, just about every forum expects members to post on-topic, directing their content to the appropriate areas of the forum. We provide (rather generously) a specific area for religious content. Given that such content is notorious for causing disharmony within online communities, it is unsurprising that most forums expressly disallow all religious comment. However, given that some of our members feel they gain withdrawal support through their religious beliefs, I took a pragmatic approach and created a specific board for religious discussion. I really did not have to do this; most forum operators would not have done this.

One contributor here made comment about the 'atheist' thread. Yes, some comments there have overstepped the mark. However, from what I have seen, this is mostly in response to religious members posting there. We do not allow members to post anti-religious flaming content on the faith board - it would be polite and politic to reciprocate, don't you think!? In any case, there are no forum rules against secular or atheistic comments on the general boards. However, there are more general catch-all rules which address general conduct, and these apply to all members, wherever they post. So, we expect all members to appreciate that other members will have different viewpoints and worldviews. Our common bond should be withdrawal support.

The greatest problems we have experienced with content revolving around religious discussion actually took place on the old religious forum board. It caused me to suspend the space altogether for a short while. In response, I created a new board where we could control access. Previously, members could access the (old) faith board as they pleased, and the only way to prevent access for an individual member was to disable their ability to post anywhere in the forum. The new faith board is by 'subscription' only, with moderator access control. This allows us to better manage any potential problems, where faith board access might be denied or removed for an individual member. It is worth mentioning, as far as I recall, we have not had to do this since setting up access controlled faith board. If I had not been able to set up the faith board this way, we, frankly, probably would no longer have such a board in any way, shape or form.

I appreciate that members who have complained about this matter were probably not members when we experienced problems in the past. However, you did agree to our terms when you joined here, and you are probably familiar enough with the Web to understand that BB is actually very accommodating in providing such a space at all. Further, it is plain rude to not accept that a provider of a support space has every right to apply any rules he wishes, within any structure he wishes, or no space/support at all for that matter. All free of charge, I might add. There is a distinct lack of good manners being displayed here by bemoaning not being allowed to post whatever content you feel appropriate, wherever you wish to on this forum.

As for Admins or Moderators posting to this thread enforcing the rules: what else do you expect an 'Admin' or 'Moderator' to do? The clue is in their titles! BB is a peer-support group. The team are not here to lead members in their recovery - 'support' is the responsibility of all members. The primary role of Admins and Moderators is to keep the forum organised, and make sure members play nice and abide the rules. Anything else they might do to help keep this place working is icing on the cake. As for the suggestions that we instead address these rule infractions via PM: if we did this, members would see the infractions go unchallenged and post more of the same. Sometimes, we do instead contact members privately about moderation issues, but I gain the sense here that a few of you feel that have some special right to have 'religious content' go unchallenged, as by its very nature it is above forum rules and should be protected from any response and rebuke. It is these kind of attitudes which cause most online forums to disallow such content altogether.

Anyway, I'm going to unlock this thread. Please, drop these arguments and stay on-topic.

Hello everyone,

I am shaking and veyr confused right now. I just discovered that these people on this board section are called protractors. I discovered this part of the site by accident and I was cirious to ask if any of you had heard of this. These people on this site are claiming it takes many many years to recover (5 !) and that they have studies to prove that this is indeed true. I am trembling like I just saw a ghost because of the panic reading this has caused. I am going to take many years to recover? I am so upset now. I only took this pills for two weeks and It maybe takes 5 years to reciver? I simply cannot go on longer. The sisters I live with think I am absolutely insane. They say there is no way I am still in withdrawal. Why, today I ate lunch at Mcdonalds and I experienced the worst stomach cramping followed by a panic attack. I was curled up crying on the bathroom floor and everyone said I needed to get help. I was so embarassed. I cannot keep doing this. The worst part of this horrible experience is I feel disconeected to my one true Lord and Savior. I don't feel that connection anymore and I can't cope anymore. I want to just leave everything I love and live in a high rise, all holed up in there just waitng to heal. This is nowehre near as bad as my 'acute' stage where I was delisional and thought I was in hell howeevr I can't keep this up either. I spoke with Sister Donna and Sister Sasha today and they are STRONGLY urging me to seek psychtiatic help. They are talking about more of these narcotic drugs I assume?  I cannot endure. I cannot confess to my sisters I do not feel God's love anymore. It would break their hearts. I cannot even kneel to pray becayse the nerve pain hurts. My life is seemingly over. And now I hear 5 more years to heal?

Bless us all, 0 Lord, we pray, for loved ones, here and near, and far away. And everyone for whom we pray. Keep us safe each night and day, the homeless who have no place to stay. Those who are suffering in any way. The dying, those mourning or grieving and all who need God's mercy. Keep us safe, Heavenly Father, when we are at home, or travelling on our way, or when we are vulnerable, or in danger in any way. Most merciful Father, hear us as we pray for the souls in Purgatory, or who may be sent there some day. :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Hello Lunestatic,

We are a secular forum but do provide a special place for members to talk about how their faith has been affected by withdrawal or other issues of a more religious nature.  It is a subscription board but easy to join.  Please refrain from posting religious prayers on the main forum, we have members from all different religions as well as those who are atheists,  everyone's feelings should be respected.

Here are the directions on joining the Faith based board: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97364.0

Fear is a common symptom during withdrawal, most of us at one time or another fear that we won't ever heal.  The fact is that not many people become protracted.  Try not to dwell on what might never happen,  just get through each day knowing that healing is in your future.

pianogirl

where the hek is anyone publicly shaming anyone in this post? am i blind? sounds like PG is just stating the rules.

Hi Destiny Hunter!

What is right! is we do not allow religious discussion on the main forum.  "This admin" you are referring to is Pianogirl!! a dedicated team member who spends all her free time working voluntary to keep the forum running smoothly.

Pianogirl was very nicely directing Lunestatic to the appropriate board.  We do not allow religious discussion on the main forum!!  We are a diverse community here who have many different religious beliefs, we want everyone to feel comfortable.  Colin (the owner) has very kindly accommodated such support and discussion and has provided a dedicated board.

Most secular online forums expressly disallow religious discussions.  We at BB understand and are very happy that you have your faith to help you through. We understand that members want to speak of how their faith has helped them through this process, that is the reason we have the Faith Board.

Here is information about how to join the Faith Board:

Profile >> Modify Profile (from the lower menu bar) >> Group Membership >> 'Faith-based Support' >> click 'Request Membership >> add a reason for joining the group in the 'Request Group Membership' box (no detailed explanation required) >> click 'Submit Request'.

Magrita

where is Magrita yelling at someone? these two posts from our admin's are extremely tame and just being informative.

someone needs a shift in perception.

i thought someone spoke to this person about their prescriptive writing ways? why is Valerie still doing it?

Lunestatic,

the total on protracted board  are about 327 members. how many members are on this whole forum? about 20,000? that is a small small fraction of members who become protracted. and i'm one of them! ;D

i will write here something

regarding UPSETTINGS:

1. I wish we had a SUICIDE LINE 24/7

not the one that we get to be referred

/with normal people working there and having no damn idea about our despair/

but with BB members that went through this hell of experience

and that could talk on the phone to BB members in despair....

2. To have one thread with BB that committed suicide

/loving memory of all Unfortunate souls/

and let people to express they condolences /read their posts and learn how to identify another BB in the danger zone/...

3. Posible DIVORCE WARNING to the married BB members

/thread with Cheating signs and identification clues/

p.s.okey there is more

but I am too depressed right now cause i just woke up ...

v

to BBV

go and register to crazy boards.org

Shame on you

telling BB to take more meds...