Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I am very upset right now. What is happening on this board?.

[Lu...]

Hello everyone,

I am shaking and veyr confused right now. I just discovered that these people on this board section are called protractors. I discovered this part of the site by accident and I was cirious to ask if any of you had heard of this. These people on this site are claiming it takes many many years to recover (5 !) and that they have studies to prove that this is indeed true. I am trembling like I just saw a ghost because of the panic reading this has caused. I am going to take many years to recover? I am so upset now. I only took this pills for two weeks and It maybe takes 5 years to reciver? I simply cannot go on longer. The sisters I live with think I am absolutely insane. They say there is no way I am still in withdrawal. Why, today I ate lunch at Mcdonalds and I experienced the worst stomach cramping followed by a panic attack. I was curled up crying on the bathroom floor and everyone said I needed to get help. I was so embarassed. I cannot keep doing this. The worst part of this horrible experience is I feel disconeected to my one true Lord and Savior. I don't feel that connection anymore and I can't cope anymore. I want to just leave everything I love and live in a high rise, all holed up in there just waitng to heal. This is nowehre near as bad as my 'acute' stage where I was delisional and thought I was in hell howeevr I can't keep this up either. I spoke with Sister Donna and Sister Sasha today and they are STRONGLY urging me to seek psychtiatic help. They are talking about more of these narcotic drugs I assume?  I cannot endure. I cannot confess to my sisters I do not feel God's love anymore. It would break their hearts. I cannot even kneel to pray becayse the nerve pain hurts. My life is seemingly over. And now I hear 5 more years to heal?

Bless us all, 0 Lord, we pray, for loved ones, here and near, and far away. And everyone for whom we pray. Keep us safe each night and day, the homeless who have no place to stay. Those who are suffering in any way. The dying, those mourning or grieving and all who need God's mercy. Keep us safe, Heavenly Father, when we are at home, or travelling on our way, or when we are vulnerable, or in danger in any way. Most merciful Father, hear us as we pray for the souls in Purgatory, or who may be sent there some day. :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lu...]

• [De...]

• [by...]

• [Mo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been off a little over 1 month and feel GREAT. The tapering was hard but once it was over I rapidly recovered my health.

At 31 days the last of my sx disappeared.

I have been off a little over 1 month and feel GREAT. The tapering was hard but once it was over I rapidly recovered my health.

At 31 days the last of my sx disappeared.

God bles syou Ego Trap, What narcotic did you take? Lunesta?

Hello everyone,

I am shaking and veyr confused right now. I just discovered that these people on this board section are called protractors. I discovered this part of the site by accident and I was cirious to ask if any of you had heard of this. These people on this site are claiming it takes many many years to recover (5 !) and that they have studies to prove that this is indeed true. I am trembling like I just saw a ghost because of the panic reading this has caused. I am going to take many years to recover? I am so upset now. I only took this pills for two weeks and It maybe takes 5 years to reciver? I simply cannot go on longer. The sisters I live with think I am absolutely insane. They say there is no way I am still in withdrawal. Why, today I ate lunch at Mcdonalds and I experienced the worst stomach cramping followed by a panic attack. I was curled up crying on the bathroom floor and everyone said I needed to get help. I was so embarassed. I cannot keep doing this. The worst part of this horrible experience is I feel disconeected to my one true Lord and Savior. I don't feel that connection anymore and I can't cope anymore. I want to just leave everything I love and live in a high rise, all holed up in there just waitng to heal. This is nowehre near as bad as my 'acute' stage where I was delisional and thought I was in hell howeevr I can't keep this up either. I spoke with Sister Donna and Sister Sasha today and they are STRONGLY urging me to seek psychtiatic help. They are talking about more of these narcotic drugs I assume?  I cannot endure. I cannot confess to my sisters I do not feel God's love anymore. It would break their hearts. I cannot even kneel to pray becayse the nerve pain hurts. My life is seemingly over. And now I hear 5 more years to heal?

Bless us all, 0 Lord, we pray, for loved ones, here and near, and far away. And everyone for whom we pray. Keep us safe each night and day, the homeless who have no place to stay. Those who are suffering in any way. The dying, those mourning or grieving and all who need God's mercy. Keep us safe, Heavenly Father, when we are at home, or travelling on our way, or when we are vulnerable, or in danger in any way. Most merciful Father, hear us as we pray for the souls in Purgatory, or who may be sent there some day. :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Hello Lunestatic,

We are a secular forum but do provide a special place for members to talk about how their faith has been affected by withdrawal or other issues of a more religious nature.  It is a subscription board but easy to join.  Please refrain from posting religious prayers on the main forum, we have members from all different religions as well as those who are atheists,  everyone's feelings should be respected.

Here are the directions on joining the Faith based board: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97364.0

Fear is a common symptom during withdrawal, most of us at one time or another fear that we won't ever heal.  The fact is that not many people become protracted.  Try not to dwell on what might never happen,  just get through each day knowing that healing is in your future.

pianogirl

I took: clonzapan, and  several antidepressants. It took me 19 months to taper off. It is all good now.

Hello everyone,

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Hello Lunestatic,

We are a secular forum but do provide a special place for members to talk about how their faith has been affected by withdrawal or other issues of a more religious nature.  It is a subscription board but easy to join.  Please refrain from posting religious prayers on the main forum, we have members from all different religions as well as those who are atheists,  everyone's feelings should be respected.

Here are the directions on joining the Faith based board: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97364.0

Fear is a common symptom during withdrawal, most of us at one time or another fear that we won't ever heal.  The fact is that not many people become protracted.  Try not to dwell on what might never happen,  just get through each day knowing that healing is in your future.

pianogirl

I understamd/ I will leave these boards and not post anymore.

L.

You will heal. I have a friend who successfully tapered off a benzo. It took 6 months, with a change in eating habits and exercise to help along the way. He is fine now.  He is an inspiration to me and not a member of BB either, so people from all walks of life survive this difficult challenge.  You also do not need to worry about your inability to get in touch with your feelings where your love for "your Lord" is concerned.  It is the medication affecting your mind, but HE knows your heart.  That is what matters.

And I am not offended by to you speaking of your faith.  If it does not resonate with some, I would hope they could appreciate that it is part of what affects you, and not feel they must have the same beliefs.

Having said that, the faith based board may be beneficial for you.

Shalom,

Shaani

Hello everyone,

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Hello Lunestatic,

pianogirl

I find it a bit sad you feel the need to address this persons religious belief before offering her advice with her withdrawal symptoms and bit hypocritical to say everyone's feelings should be respected and then throw this person into a separate category over a prayer? people never cease to amaze me.

Lunestatic,  The odds are in your favor that you will not be protracted. You are in acute right now when the WD is the worst. I am a fellow z-drug BB, like you. I reviewed alot of the z-drug success stories, and the average range for recovery is 8 months- 2 years. But it is important to remember, that how you feel today is not how you will feel 3-6 months from now. And you will eventually notice improvement over time, sxs will lessen and you will be able to cope and manage the sxs better. Try not to get too focused on the timeline, you will heal, you will be OK. And professional counseling may be beneficial to you, it was for me. I never had panic, fear, anxiety in my life until I CT from ambien. And I found a great counselor, who believed me that I was in ambien WD and taught me CBT, which did help me thru.

In regard to our protracted BBs, for now, stay off that thread. It does you no good reading about protracted BBs experience when you are in acute. I am now 14 months out, and I see alot of strength and courage on the protracted BB thread. I now can read their posts and view them as my mentors.

As far as your religious views, Shaani words and advice to you, I agree with. Bless you, Cindy

Hello everyone,

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Hello Lunestatic,

pianogirl

If we can't talk about our faith, what are these forums for? I am not going to hide my faith because it might offend someone. Sorry. I am not leaving either. Ban me.

Hello everyone,

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Hello Lunestatic,

pianogirl

This has offended me beyond all belief. You want me to respect other's beliefs but then you DIRECTLY contradict ours by your lack of wisdom and understanding. For a moderator, you sure don't know how to behave. I am beside myself with this statement. Absolutely asinine what our world is coming to.

Hello everyone,

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Hello Lunestatic,

pianogirl

I find it a bit sad you feel the need to address this persons religious belief before offering her advice with her withdrawal symptoms and bit hypocritical to say everyone's feelings should be respected and then throw this person into a separate category over a prayer? people never cease to amaze me.

Thank you for standing for what is right!! Tell this "admin" how to actually run a forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um, I think she was trying to help in inviting her to a space where her spiritual beliefs will be shared by more people, she wasn't trying to shut her down at all. They have a really hard job, the moderators. They are volunteers and have all been or still are dealing with withdrawal themselves.

Thank you for standing for what is right!! Tell this "admin" how to actually run a forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Destiny Hunter!

What is right! is we do not allow religious discussion on the main forum.  "This admin" you are referring to is Pianogirl!! a dedicated team member who spends all her free time working voluntary to keep the forum running smoothly.

Pianogirl was very nicely directing Lunestatic to the appropriate board.  We do not allow religious discussion on the main forum!!  We are a diverse community here who have many different religious beliefs, we want everyone to feel comfortable.  Colin (the owner) has very kindly accommodated such support and discussion and has provided a dedicated board.

Most secular online forums expressly disallow religious discussions.  We at BB understand and are very happy that you have your faith to help you through. We understand that members want to speak of how their faith has helped them through this process, that is the reason we have the Faith Board.

Here is information about how to join the Faith Board:

Profile >> Modify Profile (from the lower menu bar) >> Group Membership >> 'Faith-based Support' >> click 'Request Membership >> add a reason for joining the group in the 'Request Group Membership' box (no detailed explanation required) >> click 'Submit Request'.

Magrita

Hello everyone,

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Hello Lunestatic,

pianogirl

This has offended me beyond all belief. You want me to respect other's beliefs but then you DIRECTLY contradict ours by your lack of wisdom and understanding. For a moderator, you sure don't know how to behave. I am beside myself with this statement. Absolutely asinine what our world is coming to.

Destiny Hunter think again what you are saying here, doesn't make sense

at all, is not fair. There must have been a reason why the faith board has been

opened, in order for religious people to be together, pray  and exchange

their thoughts about God. Which is a good thing, people have a right

to do so and should be respected.

All other sections should concentrate on Benzo-wd, symptoms,

experience, advise.....a final god bless you at the end of a post

is nice, but endless details should have their place at the faith board !

If I were you I would try to be a bit more open minded , feeling offended

the way you did is unnecessary..... :)

Hello everyone,

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Hi Lunestatic,

I wouldn't worry about Protracted or never ending healing thoughts.

Try to stay positive, not stress yourself about it....who knows ? you

might have a major turning point very soon....

I can understand your urge to tell us about God in your posts.

Had I fallen of a culpit in church I would do the same, who wouldn't ? :)

Why not start a Blog, where people can come and visit you ?

There you can write about your feelings, thoughts etc..., its your place,

you might find peace there too....

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=88.0

Stay strong and keep going, hopefully your happiness will

return soon. :smitten:

Hello everyone,

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Hello Lunestatic,

pianogirl

I have been off this forum for several years now. Just came back to offer some encouragement and then read this thread wanting to offer support to Lunestatic.  First of all, Lunestatic, no one suffers from withdrawals after only using benzo's for two weeks.  It did not take me 5 years to recover after taking benzo's for 20 plus years.  Bodies heal at different rates, but they do heal. Focus on your healing, take care of your body and you will heal before you know it. The key is to focus on the right things and never dwell on the negative.  My suggestion, do not read posts that tell you how long you will or will not heal. No one can tell you that.

Pianogirl and Magrita I know you have been moderators here for a long time. I know you have put in countless hours moderating this for free. But, in my opinion, publicly shaming a person for their religious beliefs is detestable whether or not it it "against" forum policy. I'm guessing Lunestatic didn't know about the policy. In the future could you send someone a private message instead of insulting them on the open forum?  I understand the need for forum policies, but there is also something called compassion and understanding and empathizing with where a person is when they post something in fear. 

Perhaps it's easy to lose some of that original empathy after so many years.  Pianogirl and Magrita, maybe you can't see it anymore, but from an outsider's perspective your posts are very harsh. Magrita you are yelling in your post using "!!!" in your sentences. You are moderating everyone else, but who is moderating you?  As per usual the original post got lost entirely and everyone is talking about the faith board. Moderator's, consider sending private messages otherwise it completely distracts from the original post. Sometimes too much power is not a healthy thing and even leaders need some guidance and direction from time to time, that is why they have advisers. 

It's late, (or early, however you look at it) goodnight all.

I am GLAD for pianogirl's post; I am decidedly offended by the "god' posts...I'm tired of having religion shoved down my throat by zealots.

THANK YOU

cedartree, I'm so surprised at your reaction. Especially since you mentioned

being off this Forum for several years.

What makes me raise an eyebrow is....

your opinion that Pianogirl and Magrita should have contacted Lunestatic via pm

in order not to embarrass her.

Yet here you are, making a nasty personal attack about our Administrators,

which is totally uncalled for..... I think,

I can only shake my head. Pouring oil into the fire isn't going to

help Lunestatic at all......on the contrary.

To everyone,

Before we return to the topic of this thread I just have a couple points to make.  We, the team and the membership as a whole has been very supportive of Lunestatic just as we are of all members here at BB. 

There are certain rules and guidelines that members must follow here on the forum, it would be the case on any forum.  Many forums don't allow any discussion of religion or really anything that veers from the purpose and spirit of the forum.  Colin has been very accommodating and has set the forum up to allow much discussion, as long as it is in the right place. 

I am quoting Colin's comments about the nature of our community as well as the purpose and function of the Faith Board.

Please note the first statement, that Benzo Buddies is a secular community and a such we respect members of all faiths and persuasions.

Let's return to the topic at hand and continue to support this member.

pianogirl

Updated February 28th, 2013.

BenzoBuddies is a secular community. Most secular online forums expressly disallow religious discussions, as they can be divisive, and attract an element who feel they have the right to proselytize their faith, without respect or regard to the community to which they post.  Conversely, we understand that the faith or religious beliefs of some members helps support them through their benzodiazepine use and withdrawal.  So, pragmatically, we try to accommodate such support and discussion by providing this dedicated board.

Given that BenzoBuddies - a secular community - has provided this space for those members who hold religious beliefs (when most secular forums would simply disallow such content and discussion), we expect participants to abide by a few reasonable guidelines for the benefit of the whole community.

• Please use this board to describe and discuss how your faith or religious beliefs have helped you to cope with benzodiazepine use, withdrawal or recovery.

• Posts which fail to respect the beliefs of others, or seek to exclude those with differing values, beliefs or views, are not allowed and will be removed.

• The simple quoting of scripture will be considered as proselytization and necessarily fails the first two requirements and is expressly disallowed. This does not preclude the inclusion of 'inspirational' scripture as part of a post and discussion.

• Do not use this space to discuss the particular merits of one faith over another, or the merits of faith vs non-faith.

• We will be particularly strict in the interpretation of these guidelines for the opening post of a thread/topic, as this post sets the tone for the discussion.

• Non-faith-based philosophical discussions should be posted to other BenzoBuddies forum boards.

In short, this space is not to be used to preach your faith or scripture to others. Like the rest of the BenzoBuddies forum, Faith-based Support is a discussion space. So long as your posts and threads are designed to be inclusive, are discussional in tone, and are respectful of other faiths, your contributions to this board should not attract the attentions of the moderation team.

Please don't worry anyone. I am not offended. I understand the case, but find it very difficult to not discuss my religion as it is the embodiment of my person. I live to serve my faith. I have decided, thanks to the kind words of another BB member, to move all my posts over to the faith board.

I am sorry but NO. I am not going to apologize for my faith anymore. I'm done being PC to make everyone happy! If you want to ban me for my comments then so be it. I will make sure our voices are heard someway or another. Good luck "admins."

To everyone,

Before we return to the topic of this thread I just have a couple points to make.  We, the team and the membership as a whole has been very supportive of Lunestatic just as we are of all members here at BB. 

There are certain rules and guidelines that members must follow here on the forum, it would be the case on any forum.  Many forums don't allow any discussion of religion or really anything that veers from the purpose and spirit of the forum.  Colin has been very accommodating and has set the forum up to allow much discussion, as long as it is in the right place. 

I am quoting Colin's comments about the nature of our community as well as the purpose and function of the Faith Board.

Please note the first statement, that Benzo Buddies is a secular community and a such we respect members of all faiths and persuasions.

Let's return to the topic at hand and continue to support this member.

pianogirl

Updated February 28th, 2013.

BenzoBuddies is a secular community. Most secular online forums expressly disallow religious discussions, as they can be divisive, and attract an element who feel they have the right to proselytize their faith, without respect or regard to the community to which they post.  Conversely, we understand that the faith or religious beliefs of some members helps support them through their benzodiazepine use and withdrawal.  So, pragmatically, we try to accommodate such support and discussion by providing this dedicated board.

Given that BenzoBuddies - a secular community - has provided this space for those members who hold religious beliefs (when most secular forums would simply disallow such content and discussion), we expect participants to abide by a few reasonable guidelines for the benefit of the whole community.

• Please use this board to describe and discuss how your faith or religious beliefs have helped you to cope with benzodiazepine use, withdrawal or recovery.

• Posts which fail to respect the beliefs of others, or seek to exclude those with differing values, beliefs or views, are not allowed and will be removed.

• The simple quoting of scripture will be considered as proselytization and necessarily fails the first two requirements and is expressly disallowed. This does not preclude the inclusion of 'inspirational' scripture as part of a post and discussion.

• Do not use this space to discuss the particular merits of one faith over another, or the merits of faith vs non-faith.

• We will be particularly strict in the interpretation of these guidelines for the opening post of a thread/topic, as this post sets the tone for the discussion.

• Non-faith-based philosophical discussions should be posted to other BenzoBuddies forum boards.

In short, this space is not to be used to preach your faith or scripture to others. Like the rest of the BenzoBuddies forum, Faith-based Support is a discussion space. So long as your posts and threads are designed to be inclusive, are discussional in tone, and are respectful of other faiths, your contributions to this board should not attract the attentions of the moderation team.

I am sorry but NO. I am not going to apologize for my faith anymore. I'm done being PC to make everyone happy! If you want to ban me for my comments then so be it. I will make sure our voices are heard someway or another. Good luck "admins."

Destiny Hunter,

When you joined this forum, you agreed to abide by the rules.  Pianogirl has already quoted the rule regarding religious posting, and you've been given directions on how to join the Faith board, if you're not already a member.  These are the rules you agreed to when you joined.  If you don't abide by them,we can and will place restrictions on your account.

megan918

Administrator

Destiny Hunter,

When you joined this forum, you agreed to abide by the rules.  Pianogirl has already quoted the rule regarding religious posting, and you've been given directions on how to join the Faith board, if you're not already a member.  These are the rules you agreed to when you joined.  If you don't abide by them,we can and will place restrictions on your account.

megan918

Administrator

While we are on the topic, I requested to join the Faith board as per the instructions of PianoGirl but it says that I need a moderator to approve my request for membership. Would you be able to complete this Megan, please?