Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Did Any Deadheads Ripple to BenzoBuddies?

[In...]

Floating along this morning, oh, dang, watching the Dead on YouTube is just not the same as being 18 again, and being there....smelling the incense, walking through a crowd of 10,000 close friends, with smiles so big no need to explain.... twirling twirling so that the music and you are floating into echos so far into the past and so far into the future that time stands still....

I could leave this whole life I'm in right now and follow you right back to where I was, when there was no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow....

Why didn't the 60s live forever?  I have rejected this security industry complex every step of the way, and this "post=9/11" world is no excuse to be as unfriendly and paranoid as this world is now....

Take me back, take me back to where time used to be timeless and we were all free together.....

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/gratefuldead/ripple.html

"Ripple"

If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine

And my tunes were played on the harp unstrung,

Would you hear my voice come through the music?

Would you hold it near as it were your own?

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken,

Perhaps they're better left unsung.

I don't know, don't really care

Let there be songs to fill the air.

Ripple in still water,

When there is no pebble tossed,

Nor wind to blow.

Reach out your hand if your cup be empty,

If your cup is full may it be again,

Let it be known there is a fountain,

That was not made by the hands of men.

There is a road, no simple highway,

Between the dawn and the dark of night,

And if you go no one may follow,

That path is for your steps alone.

Ripple in still water,

When there is no pebble tossed,

Nor wind to blow.

You, who choose to lead, must follow

But if you fall you fall alone.

If you should stand then who's to guide you?

If I knew the way I would take you home.

La dee da da da,

La da da da da,

Da da da, da da, da da da da da

La da da da,

La da da, da da,

La da da da,

La da, da da.

Thanks to Jim Burd, Sam D, Valentine, Reilly for correcting these lyrics.

Writer(s): Jerome J. Garcia, Robert C. Hunter

Copyright: Ice Nine Publishing Co. Inc.

Gardenia....

The Dead are coming back to California and Chicago this summer....

remember when "tapers" were people who taped shows?

Surely there are some old time tapers doing some tapers here....?  :laugh:

The good news about being too wigged out to go get my haircut in so long is I'd fit right back into a Dead show today, with long scruffy hair, almost to my waist....

:D

There has been no experience in my life quite like that of going on tour with jerry and company. Nothing comes close and the magic that we shared in is to be treasured. Not that i excuse the innumerable times jerry couldnt remember the lyrics and fumbled through them. 😉

Laser

There has been no experience in my life quite like that of going on tour with jerry and company. Nothing comes close and the magic that we shared in is to be treasured. Not that i excuse the innumerable times jerry couldnt remember the lyrics and fumbled through them. 😉

Laser

;D:D

That is so cool Laser....to be enough of insider to not be able to forgive Jerry that, when no doubt hanging on every word was beside the point to so many thousands of his fans...who were just grateful for the community...I don't think I knew of any lyrics till many years later when I bought their albums and sat down to read them... ;D

I only went to about 10 shows in Providence, DC, Hampton, VA and Chicago....and I was just ecstatic to discover that I was not too young to have completely missed the 60s, like I thought I had  (having been born in '68)  :laugh: 

I really didn't care if any band played at all once I got there.... I just walked around with my jaw open stunned that anything like this could exist...went to every show ticketless, was always given a free ticket for which money was refused....met friends for life, even though I can't find them now, we are still connected and if we met again, there would be no gap in time....

"it's a full community" as a guy says in the documentary Tie Dyed....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvXtxEbTLwQ

I'm just glad I had the experience, just like I'm grateful I had summer camp as a kid and weekend retreats at a friend's cabin in the woods and later on, contra dance communities....

I was never burned by any drug I encountered at a Dead show like I was by benzos....and they had scared the living daylights about us as kids about street drugs...when in fact, it was just the opposite....drugs were an incidental at a show that wore off harmlessly by the time I got home.....the community was so strong they were superfluous and unnecessary....but now when my community was weak, I thought a drug was necessary....

trying to regain community in benzo buddies to be reminded again how unnecessary drugs are.....  :thumbsup:

How do. Fix your name independence? It keeps sliding off the screen and it upsets me. :( Is there a way to fix this?

Hi Lunestatic...they changed it already....hope if you see this post now my name is sitting still and not bugging you..... ;D

Lune...I'll ask the moderators to shorten it to Independence...hope that will help.... ???

Hoorah!!!  :laugh: :laugh: I thought my PC was playing up until Lunestatic said about her's then I realized it was the length of you BB name running off to the east ;D

Love Nova XXX  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

thank you independence. I thought my computer had a virus. it was scaring me. glad to know it was not a virus. sorry you had to change your name though.

Dang, here I was creating all this consternation when I just wanted to evoke the tribal community of a Dead show as a comforting memory... :sick:  And I wanted to find anyone who remembers, who was there, with the sublime and the sinister, any way you see it, as long as it sings true in your heart....

I'm telling you, after my parents are gone and my kid is where she needs to be, I just want to go back to the Rainbow gatherings and be a hippie again...don't care if I die younger because of it....I just want to finish my days dancing at night, working at crafts/arts/artisanal construction during the day, and eating tofu and veggies....

I swear that would heal me completely: I took this wrong path in life because I have not been fully following my heart's destiny.  Now I have to finish my obligations, so that when I get there, I will allow myself full participation with no apologies...Even if I was aged 60 and started doing that, it would upset my parents, so, as I said, I will care for them till they're gone, and then I will be running for the hills further than the sound of Jerry's guitar from 1985 has traveled in space to this day....