Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

loving pets

[4G...]

How many people on here have pets that come to them when they are going through a particularly bad time/wave? I have a cat called Tilly who instinctively knows when I am especially low and she comes and gives me a hug.  :smitten:

I don't have a dog or a cat but a little cute fuzzy bunny who hangs out with me on the sofa at night. It's very comforting. He makes me feel a lot better at times. Animals have such a calming effect on us.

Here is a picture of him.

http://j.mp/1Eti1as

Oh Moodle, he is absolutely gorgeous! Hope you are okay. I'm surprised you picked up this thread because Chewing the Fat seems mostly to be about bloody Benzos again. I know that is what the site is about, but it is nice to get away from the damn things now and again. So I reposted it on Accentuate the Positive. It wouldn't let me scrap it from here. Seems you can't move your own message, even if nobody has replied. Anyway, I am glad now because it is good to hear from you and meet your pal. If you are free I will pm you. Let me know. X

Oh Moodle, he is absolutely gorgeous! Hope you are okay. I'm surprised you picked up this thread because Chewing the Fat seems mostly to be about bloody Benzos again. I know that is what the site is about, but it is nice to get away from the damn things now and again. So I reposted it on Accentuate the Positive. It wouldn't let me scrap it from here. Seems you can't move your own message, even if nobody has replied. Anyway, I am glad now because it is good to hear from you and meet your pal. If you are free I will pm you. Let me know. X

I think he is hilarious. His hair is sticking out all the time..

You can ways just post stuff like this on the Off Topic boards. You'll find games there and all sort of chat groups.

Chewing the fat is usually more benzo related. And if a topic is started in the thread not suitable for it, a moderator will just move it to where it's better.

Yeah, you can always pm me. Sure :)

Moodle sure is gorgeous.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LF  :smitten:

Hey LF !

His name is Schnitzel. ( don't ask)

I used to be Moo, so when I came back from a break, I had to pick a new name and this is what popped in my mind.

My sons hamster was called Mr. curtain and the other one Chowder.

Kids... :laugh:

My wonderful cat, Ariel, greets me at the door everyday to be picked up for a hug. (I call it kitten therapy). In the evening, and especially when I have been anxious, she climbs up onto my chest for pets and purrs really loud, where I can feel the vibration in my chest. It helps calm me and I think even helps when my heart is beating fast (how could it not!!). She is an absolutely awesome companion and the best therapist I have ever met. I couldn't do this without her.

I have two wonderful rescue cats, a tiny yellow parrot, and an elderly brown hen, who up until recently laid a lot of pale green eggs.  They've helped keep me grounded through this entire process, which otherwise I've had to go through alone. 

The rabbit is darling, Moo!

:smitten:

My wonderful cat, Ariel, greets me at the door everyday to be picked up for a hug. (I call it kitten therapy). In the evening, and especially when I have been anxious, she climbs up onto my chest for pets and purrs really loud, where I can feel the vibration in my chest. It helps calm me and I think even helps when my heart is beating fast (how could it not!!). She is an absolutely awesome companion and the best therapist I have ever met. I couldn't do this without her.

Yes, it's very calming..

When we moved to the USA, I couldn't bring my cat ( Grommit). I missed him so much.

He used to sit by the door to greet me when coming home from work. He was not the smartest but certainly the sweetest. He stayed with my parents when we left.

The purring is soothing. And even watching them sleep feels relaxing

i miss my big fuzzy furry German Shepherd, he used to sit and living room at night w me. id share my peanut butter and honey bread w him. he died oct 2013 :'( i miss him so much

he kept me company especially at night.

your bunny is cute :smitten:

I'm so sorry about that, Gardenia. I know it's a cliché but they are like members of the family.

i miss my big fuzzy furry German Shepherd, he used to sit and living room at night w me. id share my peanut butter and honey bread w him. he died oct 2013 :'( i miss him so much

he kept me company especially at night.

your bunny is cute :smitten:

Aw, I'm so sorry Gardenia... It's really really hard to lose your pet. They are more than just pets to us.

I can imagine you miss him so, so much... :-\

They are all beautiful. I wondered about your avatar.  :)

And I wondered about yours.  :heybabe:

Probably some hubba hubba actor I don't know because I'm too danged old.

::)

Lol! Told some people on here that he was my boyfriend but it's really Brad Pitt. Yum yum! X

WHAT!?  Brad Pitt a long time ago? 

I may need glasses….

8)

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w427/Carol_Brainerd/cats_1.jpg

My dog's pic is my avatar and here are my rescue kitties.  The orange and the tortie are brother and sister and the Grumpy Cat looking one thinks she's part of the same litter since I got them all at nearly the same time… 1 1/2 years off.

They are adorable!

All cuddled up. Looks like the pets own the sofa at Maison Challis. ;D

Yes Challis, a long time ago. But no reason why we shouldn't still take a crafty peek at him from time to time.... :thumbsup:

[b8...]
I Have my two dogs. A Basset hound and a Doberman. Best company EVER! Plus they make for great security!  :thumbsup:

Yes, it's very calming..

When we moved to the USA, I couldn't bring my cat ( Grommit). I missed him so much.

He used to sit by the door to greet me when coming home from work. He was not the smartest but certainly the sweetest. He stayed with my parents when we left.

The purring is soothing. And even watching them sleep feels relaxing

Hi Moodle, thanks for sharing this. I would be very very sad without Ariel. Hopefully your bunny is consolation. He is adorable! My niece had Timothy, a rabbit she had for a long time. She was lost when he died.

Fur people are so kind and nonjudgmental. They don't care if we eat that extra Oreo or watch too much TV. They just want to love us (and get fed). Take care!

Sydney

[95...]

HI  ;D I have 2 cats and 2 lap dogs! They all have unique personalities and make my life great!  :smitten:

Frankie, Bender, Hazel, and Ziggy.

I have two half sister cats~~Emily and Katie. One is a tortoise shell and the other a calico. Both of them follow me wherever I go. And meow at the door when I am outside. Only Katie comes to my bed at night. Emily finds the highest place where she can jump (we have cathedral ceilings) and sleeps there near the top of the ceiling. Boy, can she jump high!