Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Atheists Only Please.

[Ro...]

Concerning the problem that on the other Atheist thread- that too often we have theists wandering by and proselytizing, I offer to us Atheists:  An Atheists Only Please- Thread.

Thoughts?

Concerning the problem that on the other Atheist thread- that too often we have theists wandering by and proselytizing, I offer to us Atheists:  An Atheists Only Please- Thread.

Thoughts?

Hi Rockingchaircat, 

I understand how you feel.  I was raised as an atheist, though later in life I've developed a deep interest in (non religious) spirituality. But most importantly, under our rules, you can't tell other members that they can't post on your thread.  That's because it's not "your" thread, it belongs to BenzoBuddies.  This is clearly stated in our Rules and Guidelines.

That said, I'd like to politely suggest a few things.  First, posts that directly challenge theists' beliefs are very likely to bring an equal and opposite reaction, so to speak.  They will want to defend their beliefs. So will posts that ask theists to justify or prove their beliefs. If one posts that kind of thing, one can expect a reaction from believers.  That's only natural, and it's only common sense that this will happen almost every time...

:thumbsup:

megan918

Administrator

I still think we can post on the other thread but not 'get into' the back/forth, or revved up by the proselytizing... still talk freely among ourselves (atheists), and just ignore or bypass the posts that are trying to "save us from damnation".    :laugh:

What do you think?

WR

I still think we can post on the other thread but not 'get into' the back/forth, or revved up by the proselytizing... still talk freely among ourselves (atheists), and just ignore or bypass the posts that are trying to "save us from damnation".    :laugh:

What do you think?

WR

Fair Enough. :thumbsup: