Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

You learn something new every day...

[Ro...]

I'm impressed...I thought that was only the microwave... :laugh:

I learned in early carpenter days that if you cut it twice, it was still too short...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ro...]

• [Te...]

• [Bl...]

• [li...]

:sick: I refuse to eat eggs....I consider them to be chicken abortions......but I've learned for some reason eggs bought from the store will not hatch....just get really old and stinky.... :idiot:

:sick: I refuse to eat eggs....I consider them to be chicken abortions......but I've learned for some reason eggs bought from the store will not hatch....just get really old and stinky.... :idiot:

I had to have that explained to me when I was a kid, and then I was asked where I hid the egg that I wanted hatched so I could have a pet chick.

On the rocking chair is no problem, it's the lying near the rocking chair that has potential for ear splitting screeches.

Today I learned- that an Italian Omelette as cooked by a restaurant was a fantastic choice. Until the bill...

Today I learned- that I rather like doing some chores. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. And such goes a long way towards fending off depression.

Wow!!! I live in a happy house, and all this time i thoyght it was just a little cluttered!!!

I learned that if you look at the end of a box that has aluminum foil or saran wrap in it, there are tabs to push in that keep the roll from pulling out of the box...NEVER knew that before, and NEVER even noticed it...

Wow!!! I live in a happy house, and all this time i thoyght it was just a little cluttered!!!

I learned that if you look at the end of a box that has aluminum foil or saran wrap in it, there are tabs to push in that keep the roll from pulling out of the box...NEVER knew that before, and NEVER even noticed it...

Well whaddya know. They do. I learned something else today. :D

Today I learned that my aches and pains will be delayed at least 36 hours after doing some fairly intense chores/workouts.  AKA- wake up in the middle of the night pain-delay.

My cardiologist told me that i had no physical reasons for my palpitations and chest pain, other than elevated cholesterol...he had a medication for my anxiety...the generic name rhymed with "damn"...

I'm sorry, my EX-cardiologist... :laugh:

Yep! A Cardiologist. He even had the office nurse call me back within 1/2 hour.

Yowza.

Today I learned there is such a singular medical doc.

I learned (recently) that my Zinc Strip I installed on my roof to 'help kill moss' wasn't doing it's job because I found moss growing on it.

I learned:

You can make 'boiled' eggs in an oven without water...ok, wait a minute, here...i haven't actually done this yet...but i know someone who has...now, granted( NOT IWIC GRANTED), "someone I know" is probably not a great reference(present forums excepted) coming from me, but anyway...

Preheat oven to 325, place intact eggs in a muffin tin, and put them in the oven, bake for 30 minutes, remove into an ice water bath for ten minutes...voila!!! Supposedly, they peel very easy and are done...more to follow...i keep thinking i'm gonna have little egg bombs in the oven..peeeuuu!

I'm gonna try that.  Just because. ;D

Today- I learned that I really don't care for Key Lime Jelly. Key Lime Curd- no problem. Key Lime Yogurt- no problem. Key Lime Pie- no problem. But jelly? Forget it.

I woke up this morning to learn that going to bed with a piece of salt water taffy lost in the sheets is a really, really bad idea...i'll be back in the showers, if anyone is looking for me...hmmm, that didn't sound very good...