Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How much to buy Yobi's life?

[29...]

[29...]

I'm not wthout my faults, but I still feel I'm worth a lot because I'm a human being and there is only one life-experience like mine in the whole of of human existence, past present and future.

In the name of disclosure, I will admit some parts of it have REALLY sucked, but there's also been some kick-ass moments in there, too, that I wouldn't trade for the world.

Since it'll be your checkbook being used, what figure would you feel comfortable putting on my life so that you could experience it like I have?

Yobi :)

Such would depend upon what you'd be willing to put up with- after effects wise, after I got done 'using your life'.....? >:D

our lives are priceless!!

even the bad helps to make us who we are today.

I would not want another life so sorry no offers from me.

and mine has really sucked too.

value yourself and love yourself

;D ;D ;D ;D

Y,

IF YOU'VE HAD BAD AND GOOD EXPERIENCES AS YOU'VE STATED..."WHY" WOULD YOU WANT TO GET RID OF IT?

PERHAPS IT WILL JUST GET BETTER AND BETTER...AFTER ALL "WE" HAVE TO TAKE THE GOOD WITH THE BAD...RIGHT?

IF ONLY IT WERE THAT EASY!

FB

[29...]

Correct, ladies.  :thumbsup:

That's exactly the point of my mad thread but I'd hoped for it to go on confusing people for a bit longer before I looked clever wth my point.  My vanity knows no bounds. 

We can start now, though.. (the getting rid of it coment was just a joke to RCC).

That's it.. even though my life sucks most of the time I still wouldn't exchange it because without it I'd be someone else.  I know a few people who say they wish they could be more like me and I seriously have to question what they're looking at to say such a thing.  In fact, I look at those same people and say the same thing to them.  To me, they're the normal ones!

How weird is that? 

Is there some sort of moral tale in here that talks about consciously remembering to value our lives when we're taking drugs that tend to make us devalue pretty much.. everything?

No matter how crap our lives feel at that moment, isn't life always a series of peaks & troughs, and you never really know you're in a trough until you've climbed out, and never really know you're on a peak until you start coming down?

What do ya say, wise ladies, does that sound about right?

That sounds about right.  :thumbsup:

I wouldn't mind making a few tweaks here and there but all in all I am just glad I am me.

Maybe worse circumstances might make me think differently but I don't think so.

Would just want different circumstances.

Hugs

LF  :smitten:

No matter how crap our lives feel at that moment, isn't life always a series of peaks & troughs, and you never really know you're in a trough until you've climbed out, and never really know you're on a peak until you start coming down?

What do ya say, wise ladies, does that sound about right?

Y, IT'S FOR SURE OUR LIVES CAN, AND WILL BE FILLED WITH CRAPY PEAKS & TROUGHS, AND WE MAY FIND IT VERY DIFFICULT TO DEAL WITH; HOWEVER, THAT IS HOW WE FEEL IN THE MOMENT...WHILE WERE IN THE TROUGH.

WE NEVER KNOW WHAT TOMORROW WILL BRING, OR NEXT WEEK, MONTH, YEAR FROM NOW .

I AM WORKING ON CLIMBING OUT OF MY TROUGHS, AND TRYING TO FIND LIFE "ACCEPTANCE" OFTEN, NOT AN EASY THING TO DO.

FINDING ACCEPTANCE AND SELF LIKE / LOVE IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, AND IF IT CAN BE ACHIEVED...IMO...IT WILL LED TO A HAPPIER LIFE...A HAPPIER ME.

JUST MY 2 CENTS WORTH  :)

FB

IMMMMMMMMMMMMM REACHING....ARE YOU?

Sorry, not ignoring you both... I'm thinkin' ;)

SO...

I READ WHERE YOU HAD A HEART ATTACK A FEW WEEKS AGO.

HAS THAT CAUSED YOU TO RE*EVALUATE THINGS, AND GIVEN YOU A WHOLE NEW LEASE ON LIFE?

FB

[29...]

Funnily enough, only one thing, but bear with me here..

I'd already woken up before that having cracked 3 months clear of everything, but having a heart attack made me realise that I did want to be alive after all, but I mean it really hit home what being alive was, and I realised I liked it and then it seemed very srange that I ever thought otherwise.  I'd been in a hall of mirrors on that front!  THAT crashing down removed quite a few old strongholds, ya know?  It's all just a bit sad when you think about it..

I'm not going down that road again.  I don't like being suicidal one bit!!

ps, don't let me forget about the point you made on acceptance of the self.. I'm thinking on that because I came to the same conclusion a while back.

I don't like being suicidal one bit!!

I HAD "NEVER" FELT IT BEFORE MY TAPER.

I HIT A VERY ROUGH SPOT THAT LASTED FOR ABOUT 6 WEEKS, AND I HAD A VERY GOOD FRIEND HERE ON BB'S THAT HELPED ME THROUGH IT. HE WAS A GOD SEND, AND I WAS VERY GRATEFUL! AND, THANK THE LORD IT PASSED.

SO, I HEAR WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. IT'S A VERY SCARY PLACE TO BE.

I'M SORRY YOU HAD TO GO THROUGH SUCH A SCARY EXPERIENCE. VERY HAPPY FOR YOU...THAT THINGS TURNED OUT GOOD, AND IT SOUNDS LIKE IT HAS PROPELLED YOU DOWN THE ROAD OF SELF DISCOVERY. LEAVING YOU WITH A DESIRE TO CHANGE, AND BE THE BEST "YOU" THAT "YOU" CAN BE.

I THINK A LOT OF US WANT THIS...AS OFTEN BENZO WD CAUSES US TO BE, AND ACT IN WAYS THAT ARE NOT OUR NORMAL BEHAVIORS. LOTS OF APOLOGIZING HAS TAKEN PLACE ON MY PART. I CAN OPENLY ADMIT I HURT OTHERS UNINTENTIONALLY, AND I WAS VERY THANKFUL THAT WHEN EXTENDING MY HEARTFELT APPOLOGY....IT WAS ACCEPTED.

TRUST ME ON THIS...YOU REALLY FIND OUT WHO YOUR REAL FRIENDS ARE, AND WHO TRULY LOVES AND CARES FOR YOU.  "FORGIVENESS" WHAT A "GREAT" CONCEPT!

I HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN AND LEARNED FORGIVENESS!  LIKE I STATED EARLIER...I'M A TRUE WORK IN PROGRESS, AND YES, PEOPLE DO MAKE MISTAKES AND CAN CHANGE.  IT'S CALL "WILLINGNESS TO DO THE HARD WORK...WHICH I AM.

IN MY THERAPY SESSION LAST WEEK...I WAS TOLD THAT "WE" OFTEN FIND IT VERY DIFFICULT TO ALLOW OURSELVES TO BE LOVED AND ACCEPTED FOR WHO WE ARE...I WAS TOLD THAT "WE" DESERVE LOVE, AND WE / ME NEED TO LEARN TO "ACCEPT" IT WHEN IT IS GIVEN.  ISN'T IT SAD...THAT "WE" HAVE TO LEARN THIS?

IT WAS AN EYE OPENER!

YOUR LIFE IS VALUABLE TO YOU, AND YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE....

YAY FOR YOU  :highfive:

FB

ps, don't let me forget about the point you made on acceptance of the self.. I'm thinking on that because I came to the same conclusion a while back.

I HAVE NO DOUBT YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD ANSWER...WHEN YOU GET AROUND TO IT :)

[29...]

Couple of things initially,

I've been watching the film Calvary a lot recently.. it's about a priest in Ireland battling certain demons, and he's having a chat over the phone with his daughter in one scene.. anyway, he's saying to her that he feels there's too much talk about sins and not enough talk about virtues.. and she askes him what would be his number one.. and the priest replies.. I think forgiveness is highly underrated.

Can I argue with that?  Not really.  It's one of a few things that have really sunk in lately, but you'll know those sorts of things are actually foundational principals, so they're good stuff, wholesome, not going to fail.  Right?  I could do with a bit of that stablity right now after the last 15 years!! 

Secondly, apologising.  Yep, I'm currently doing the rounds of quite a few that are due from me, that'll probably take a few days of PM's and emails.  With each one I feel a little lighter.  It's much easier to just grow up and get past it than hold onto to.. I don't even remember what.

Thirdly, acceptance of the self, being kind to oneself, looking after our soul.. highly underrated also, I've discovered.  A good example of thisis that for the first time in my whole life, I finally see the point in making the bed after I get up.

BING!!!  The lightbulb finally came on with that one.  We make thebed so that when we go to it, we see that we've done something nice for ourselves that day.  It's a little sign that we respected ourselves enough to make bedtime a little nicer.  I kid you not, FB, that one little thing led to a hundred other things and I'm now really into looking after myself.

I'd completely forgoten the value oflooking after myself because I truly believed I wasn't really worth it.  But, I am.  Because I'm a human being, right?  That in itself give me an inherent value because I'm not an animal.  Well..

This is the same sort thing you're talking about isn't it?  Gets a thumbsup from me.  :thumbsup:

I'm talking from the first-person perspective there, but I have a feeling the principal is universal.

Overall what I'm saying is yes, your thoughts are spot-on for this particular thread and very welcome.  God, I go the long way around it :D

[29...]

Hey vailisa, welcome to the thread of... something. ;)

welcome to BB  :smitten:

first,,,,

its nice isn't to realise the beauty of:

there is a time for everything....

time to cry, time to laugh....

Thank-you.  I've darkened these forums before now but the less said about that the better. 

I love your question, too.  It's deep.  I like that.  :thumbsup:

And yes is my answer.  Most definitely yes!

p.s.

i love don quixote

its a story about ego and self...

v

I'm loving it, it's the first adult paperback book I've bought myself as an adult.  There's even a little story behind that purchase.. it only cost me a pound, though a network of independent booksellers (I hate amazon), and the guy I bought it from gave me such good customer service, for just a quid, that I've got his permission to produce some sales-training material based on our email discussion after the order, to show customer service reps in call centers how they're supposed to speak to customers!

So, lots of snchronicity happening around that book, and I was originally compelled to buy it once I'd heard about the story from a tv show, which I started watching because I saw a clip on youtube about doing the right thing that really impacted me at the time.

Of course, as you can imagine, in my little head I'm now Don Quixote on a mission to civilise and set right all the wrongs in the world.  I just need to have earned the right to wear armour and I'm done :D

I've been watching the film Calvary a lot recently.. it's about a priest in Ireland battling certain demons, and he's having a chat over the phone with his daughter in one scene.. anyway, he's saying to her that he feels there's too much talk about sins and not enough talk about virtues.. and she askes him what would be his number one.. and the priest replies.. I think forgiveness is highly underrated.

I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE FILM "CALVARY"; HOWEVER, SAYING THAT "FORGIVENESS" IS HIGHLY UNDERRATED...HOW VERY POIENT!

ANGER, MISUNDERSTANDINGS, HURT, BETRAYAL, NOT HAVING ALL THE FACTS, AND GOOD OLE EGO AND PRIDE ARE JUST SOME OF THE REASONS THAT MOST OF US ARE UNWILLING TO FORGIVE.

ONCE WE LEARN...IN THE LONG RUN TO RUMINATE AND HANG ON ONLY ALLOWS THESE THINGS TO FESTER...JUST ENDS UP HURTING US...REALLY.  THAT IS HOW I FEEL.

YOU ARE QUITE ARTICULATE, AND I SO AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU ARE SAYING.

Can I argue with that?  Not really.  It's one of a few things that have really sunk in lately, but you'll know those sorts of things are actually foundational principals, so they're good stuff, wholesome, not going to fail.  Right?  I could do with a bit of that stablity right now after the last 15 years!! 

I WAS RAISED WITH THESE FOUNDATIONAL PRINCIPALS THAT WE ARE SPEAKING OF.  TO BE ANYTHING LESS WAS UNACCEPTABLE AND APT TO GET ME...WELL, PUNISHED.

YOU TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WOULD WANT TO BE TREATED...IT WAS A MUST IN MY HOME.

PEOPLE HAVE LOST SIGHT OF SIMPLE RESPECT, KINDNESS, FORGIVENESS, AND THE WORD OF THE NIGHT...."ACCEPTANCE" :)

Secondly, apologising.  Yep, I'm currently doing the rounds of quite a few that are due from me, that'll probably take a few days of PM's and emails.  With each one I feel a little lighter.  It's much easier to just grow up and get past it than hold onto to.. I don't even remember what.

WELL Y, GOOD FOR YOU!  IT'S NOT EASY TO APOLOGISE...IS IT. IT'S US ADMITTING THAT WE DID SOMETHING WRONG OR ACTED IN AN INAPPROPRIATE WAY THAT RESULTED IN HURTING SOMEONE WHO CARED ABOUT US.

TO APOLOGISE IS TO EASE A BURDEN THAT PERHAPS WE HAVE CARRIED AROUND FOR FAR TO LONG.

IT'S A GOOD THING  :thumbsup:  KUDOS TO YOU....

Thirdly, acceptance of the self, being kind to oneself, looking after our soul.. highly underrated also, I've discovered.  A good example of this is that for the first time in my whole life, I finally see the point in making the bed after I get up.

I AM HAVING TO LEARN TO ACCEPT MY LIFE SITUATION AT THIS TIME. PARENT'S THAT ARE ILL, MY TAPER, MY FEAR OF FINDING A JOB...ALL COME WITH A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF ACCEPTING WHO I AM AT THIS PAHSE OF LIFE, AND TO REALISE IT "WILL CHANGE".

LOL...THE MAKING OF THE BED TICKLES ME...AS MY MOTHER WAS A STICKLER FOR THIS. I USED TO GET MADE FUN OF...AND I WAS TEASED WATCH OUT FOR FB...IF YOU GET UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT....SHE'LL MAKE YOUR BED...MAKES ME SMILE, CAUSE IT'S HALF WAY TRUE...LOL.

BING!!!  The lightbulb finally came on with that one.  We make the bed so that when we go to it, we see that we've done something nice for ourselves that day.  It's a little sign that we respected ourselves enough to make bedtime a little nicer.  I kid you not, FB, that one little thing led to a hundred other things and I'm now really into looking after myself.

SO Y, YA HAD THE OPRAH LIGHT BULB MOMENT...BING!

YOU HAVE TO ADMIT...IT DOES FEEL NICE TO GET IN A NICE CLEAN FRESH MADE BED...RIGHT :)

I'M VERY HAPPY FOR YOU THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ENLIGHTENED, AND THAT NEW (WELL OLD THINGS) ARE COMING TO FRUITION FOR YOU.

TRUE FACT: IF YOU DON'T TAKE CARE OF YOU...WHO WILL?  IT'S IMPORTANT TO HAVE A LOVE FOR YOURSELF...I'M GLAD YOUR FIGURING THIS OUT.

I'd completely forgotten the value of looking after myself because I truly believed I wasn't really worth it.  But, I am.  Because I'm a human being, right?  That in itself give me an inherent value because I'm not an animal.  Well..

EVERY SINGLE PERSON MAY DO THINGS IN THEIR LIFE THAT THEY WISH THEY WOULD NOT HAVE DONE...EVERY SINGLE ONE.

THIS I KNOW TO BE TRUE...

YOU WON'T HEAR ME DISAGREE...

YES YOU ARE A HUMAN BEING...

YES, YOU HAVE VALUE...

YES, YOU ARE WORTHY OF LOVE...

This is the same sort thing you're talking about isn't it?  Gets a thumbsup from me.  :thumbsup:

YES SIR...

I DO BELIEVE WE ARE ON THE SAME PAGE  :thumbsup:

Overall what I'm saying is yes, your thoughts are spot-on for this particular thread and very welcome.  God, I go the long way around it :D

THANK YOU  :)

AS FOR GOING THE LONG WAY AROUND...WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT?  I SAY NOTHING AT ALL. PERHAPS, THE LONG WAY AROUND IS THE BEST WAY FOR YOU TO GO AT THIS TIME.

IT'S AMAZING WHAT YOU SEE WHEN TAKING THE LONG WAY AROUND AND GO OFF THE BEATEN PATH.

WHEN YOU TAKE THE TOLL ROAD...YOU MISS ALL THE WONDERFUL SCENERY....I'M A BIG FAN OF THE LONG WAY AROUND  :thumbsup:

WISHING YOU MUCH SELF DISCOVERY, AND CONTINUED HEALTH AND HEALING  :angel:

FB :)

WELL Y,

BEFORE I SIGN OFF FOR THE NIGHT...

I JUST WANTED TO THANK YOU FOR THE NICE / ENLIGHTENING CONVERSATION.

I HOPE YOU REST WELL, AND MAY YOUR DREAMS BE FILLED WITH ALL THINGS GOOD, AND PERHAPS WE WILL CROSS PATHS AGAIN.

PEACE TO YOU ON YOUR NEW JOURNEY,

Hey Floks,

Ya know, what I'm hearing here and thinking about is y'all are talking twelve step philosophy...

I'm two years and small change into recovery from alcohol and ambien abuse...the 'program' taught me to make my bed(still do), get on my knees(symbolic surrender to some, acknowledgement of a higher power to others), and it has a step where amends for prior problems caused is addressed...

You learn that you have fears and resentments that overshadow and direct your path in life, and you begin to address them. It is an exhilerating process!

I found that I initially was regretful of past transgressions and wasted time. My epiphony was that all that I had done until I came to the realization of what I had been doing was as it was supposed to be, and that my corkscrew path through life led me to the very point of change. I can't change the past or my past behavior, but now that I am conscious of that, i can change what I do from that point on. FB, ya hit the nail on the head when you said "work in progress"...as that is exactly what each of us are, and if we are lucky, will continue to be until the day we pass on...

Look up the twelve steps of alcoholics annonymous and take an overview...it really isn't about alcohol.

Alcohol was the symptom, I was the problem. I really like this thread, Yobi...tex

[29...]

Well, until others gracefully chimed-in this was just me talking crazy to myself in a thread... so I say thanks to you, too, for feeling the spirit of the thread. :)

The concepts are great, easy to talk about but not so easy to live by in my experience.  Do I mess it up?  Do you?  Well, have you ever heard that saying that if you want to eliminate human error from a system, the only way to do it is to eliminate the human from the system?

That does NOT mean seek me out and assasinate me by the way lol.. :D

It just means that humans aren't the best at living error-free lives.  Is there any one of us who isn't struggling to make our way through life, psyche meds or not?  Take all our meds away tomorrow and every one of us on the forum would still be equally in the same boat in life, no?  I'd bet we'd all still have the same fears.  All cry the same tears.

Seriously, being born into this world at this time, being alive and living through the things we ALL have to live through, is it any wonder we're feeling lost half of the time?

I'm no longer afraid to admit that life scares the shit out of me.  I think that's one significant shift in consciousness that frees me up from a lot of old baggage.  I'm me, as is, I can live with myself right now because my conscience is clear and I get to define myself in my own way, and that's not such a bad thing after all, ya know?

I say keep going in that direction, FB, if that's the direction your eyes are looking.  Does it matter where you're looking from at this time?  Nah, just that you're looking in the right direction from there.  I think a bit of slack is on order for people looking outwards.  We're all in a sate of flux, all the time, right?

I mean, lines can be redrawn, boundaries reset, life doesn't have to be lived in the past does it?  If we're capable of changing our lives, FB, why do we worry so much about it when it isn't how we want it?

Moving to a place of aceptance from a place of expectation is a POWERFUL shift in consciousness.  Do any of us really have to carry the weight of the world alone?  Nope.

I'll carry one of your bags of shopping in sometimes if you carry my rucksack up the stairs once in a while, though.

Well, until others gracefully chimed-in this was just me talking crazy to myself in a thread... so I say thanks to you, too, for feeling the spirit of the thread. :)

YOU MEAN YOUR NOT CRAZY  >:D  I THOUHGT MANY OF US HERE WERE A SANDWICH SHY OF A GOOD PICNIC  :o

The concepts are great, easy to talk about but not so easy to live by in my experience.  Do I mess it up?  Do you?

WE ALL MESS UP FROM TIME TO TIME...IT'S HUMAN NATRUE; HOWEVER, IT'S WHEN WE KEEP DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN..WELL, THAT IS WHERE THE PROBLEM LIES.

I AM OF THE FIRM BELIEF THAT ACTIONS WILL ALWAYS SPEAK VOLUMES TO WORDS.

I'M SURE YOU'VE HEARD THE SAYING "ALL TALK" AND "NO ACTION"!

IF YOUR / ME / WE ARE GOING TO TALK THE TALK...THAN WE NEED TO BE WILLING TO WALK THE WALK.

That does NOT mean seek me out and assasinate me by the way lol.. :D

DANG IT....I HAD MY HIT MAN ON SPEED DIAL  :muscle:

Is there any one of us who isn't struggling to make our way through life

WE ARE ALL STRUGGLING; OTHERWISE, I'M DOUBTFUL WE WOULD BE ON THIS FORUM.

I'm no longer afraid to admit that life scares the shit out of me.

YEP, LIFE CAN OFTEN BE A VERY SCARY PLACE!

We're all in a sate of flux, all the time, right?

2 SHEA  :oXo:

lines can be redrawn, boundaries reset, life doesn't have to be lived in the past does it?  If we're capable of changing our lives, FB, why do we worry so much about it when it isn't how we want it?

"NO" LIFE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE LIVED IN THE PAST; IN FACT, RIGHT NOW...I AM IN THE PROCESS OF SETTING NEW BOUNDARIES IN ORDER TO PROTECT MYSELF.

IT IS MY BELIEF THAT WE WORRY SO MUCH BECAUSE WE FEEL OUT OF CONTROL. I HAVE BEEN USED TO CONTROLING THINGS, AND WHEN SOMETHING HAPPENS OR HAPPENED THAT I HAD ABSOLUTELY "NO" CONTROL OVER...IT SET MY WHEELS IN MOTION. 

WHEN IT COMES RIGHT DOWN TO IT...THERE IS "VERY LITTLE" THAT I ACTUALLY HAVE CONTROL OVER.  THIS IS NEW FOR ME...I AM LEARNING NEW COPING SKILLS.  AND YOU?  ARE YOU LEARNING NEW COPING SKILLS AS WELL?

Moving to a place of aceptance from a place of expectation is a POWERFUL shift in consciousness.  Do any of us really have to carry the weight of the world alone?  Nope.

CONSCIOUSNESS...FREAKIN POWERFUL TO SAY THE LEAST!

I HAD AND STILL HAVE EXPECTATIONS FROM CERTAIN OTHERS IN MY LIFE / FAMILY...THEY HAVE LET ME DOWN. SO, I HAVE HAD TO RELEARN HOW TO DEAL WITH THESE FEELINGS.  IT HAS NOT BEEN EASY.

I HAVE LEARNED THAT I STILL HAD EXPECTATIONS FROM MY MOTHER TO GET BETTER FROM DEMENTIA (IRRATIONAL) SHE WILL NEVER GET BETTER AND HAS ONLY GOTTEN WORSE.

I AM HAVING TO LEARN TO ACCEPT THIS. THIS IS A "BIG ONE" FOR ME!

I'M SURE YOU HAVE HEARD THIS SAYING...ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. I GREW UP HEARING THIS.  YOU CAN TALK ALL DAY LONG...THOSE WORDS ONLY BECOME MEANINGFUL WHEN YOU ACTUALLY ACT ON THEM.

AS FOR FEELING ALONE...SURE I CAN SAY THAT I FEEL THIS. DIFFERENCE IS I'M LONELY...NOT ALONE. OFTEN THE 2 GET BLURED.

THESE ARE 2 THINGS THAT HAPPENED JUST THIS WEEK. I WAS FEELING OVERWHELMED...AND I'M SURE SORRY FOR MYSELF, AND I THOUGHT DANG IT "NO ONE" EVER HELPS ME, AND THAN MY SWEET COUSIN CAME AND TOOK MY DADS WALKER TO BE FIXED, AND I GOT A RANDOM TEXT FROM MY DAUGHTER THAT READ "MOM, YOU REALLY ARE A GOOD PERSON"!

NOW THAT IS LOVE, AND I AM NOT ALONE.

I'll carry one of your bags of shopping in sometimes if you carry my rucksack up the stairs once in a while, though.

THAT'S A BIG 10/4  :thumbsup:

PERHAPS YOU MAY LIKE THESE. I HAPPEN TO THINK THEY GO WITH WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!

ANTHONY HAMILTON & ELAYNA BOYTON

"FREEDOM" (ACCEPTANCE, FORGIVENESS, CONSCIOUSNESS, LIFE)

PINK FLOYD

"COME BACK TO LIFE"

AND THIS ONE IS FROM MY VERY DEAR FRIEND INSM

FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE

"DRUMMING SONG" (SOMETIMES YOU JUST NEED TO "SCREAM AND BEAT THE DRUM") :thumbsup:

HAVE A PEACEFUL DAY,

[29...]

Given everything you're thinking/feeling at this time in life, FB, I'm going to raise the issue of 'who' a person is at any given time in their life.

Are you any more the person you were when you were a 21yr old girl than you were this time last year?  Has that 12 months changed you at all?  It has me.  A lot.  I am what I am today and it's a far cry from what I was when I turned 40 last year.  I even own a Macbook now and threw my PC in the bin!!

I think the acceptance of what we can change and what we can't is a powerful thing and nobody can have that from us.  It's all ours.. like hope.

How would you like to define yourself today?  I think people should be supported if they want to change, not kept back down.  I hope you become better at everything than me and teach me how to do it better.

I know I know, right now you're thinking "puny man.. I'm female and already am better at everything than you".  ;)

So anyway, nice to meet you, FB, I'm Yobi.  Or, 008, depending on which you prefer.  :thumbsup:

Given everything you're thinking/feeling at this time in life, FB, I'm going to raise the issue of 'who' a person is at any given time in their life.

Are you any more the person you were when you were a 21yr old girl than you were this time last year?  Has that 12 months changed you at all?  It has me.  A lot.  I am what I am today and it's a far cry from what I was when I turned 40 last year.  I even own a Macbook now and threw my PC in the bin!!

I think the acceptance of what we can change and what we can't is a powerful thing and nobody can have that from us.  It's all ours.. like hope.

How would you like to define yourself today?  I think people should be supported if they want to change, not kept back down.  I hope you become better at everything than me and teach me how to do it better.

I know I know, right now you're thinking "puny man.. I'm female and already am better at everything than you".  ;)

So anyway, nice to meet you, FB, I'm Yobi.  Or, 008, depending on which you prefer.  :thumbsup:

HMMM, THIS WILL TAKE SOME MULLING OVER....

IN ALL SINCERITY I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO ANSWER THIS....

NICE TO MEET YOU TOO Y008 :)

I'm glad it's got the grey matter activated.

I've been lacking a decent debate for a while.

DEBATE....HMMM, HOW DOES ONE DEBATE ONES LIFE?

I WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN  ::)

AS FOR MY GREY (GRAY) MATTER...I'M SERIOUSLY LACKING. IT'S BEEN DEACTIVATED, AND MY CONCERN IS I WOULD LOOK LIKE A RAMMBLING / STUTTERING NO ACCOUNT FOOL SHOULD I DARE TO DEBATE.

HOLY HECTIRATION MAN....I TRY DEBATING TEX ALL THE TIME, AND IT JUST WEARS ME OUT...THE GUY GOT'S THE RAMMBLIN LINGO DOWN TO A T / TEE / TEA...LOL  :thumbsup: