Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Show Yourself!

[Cr...]

I'm sick of seeing cats and rainbows. Time to put some faces to names....pre benzo pics allowed, considering some of us dont look so great at the moment. If you're not sure how to post a picture, just ask. My profile pic is me, but I'll post more when my brain is working better. Want to see your beautiful faces! Don't be a stranger.

[58...]

A word of caution here:

Google Search by Image uses technology that can "trace" a picture.

Please do not use pictures that you are using elsewhere such as Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. because they can be traced to every site that picture is on.

Your identity can easily become known.

Collin and the Team work hard to keep everyone safe, but we rely on your help for this.

Thanks.

~ MindSeeker

Senior Moderator

Thanks for the disclaimer, was going to add one of my own but wasnt sure how to word it. Not sure why anyone would want to remain anonymous though, its not like benzo wd is a shameful thing.

Thanks for the disclaimer, was going to add one of my own but wasnt sure how to word it. Not sure why anyone would want to remain anonymous though, its not like benzo wd is a shameful thing.

No benzo withdrawal is definitely not a shameful thing, we should all be proud for having the strength and determination to work towards better health and wellbeing.

The caution Mind gave you is because there is a sick man named Gaulke who, because of his mental instability, has targeted benzo withdrawal websites and the members thereof. He has scraped content to put on his site and if members inadvertently come across it, they can be very traumatized by the vitriol and nasty photographs. Most people going through withdrawal are extra sensitive to just about everything.

We have excellent security here on the forum but always urge members to keep their personal information private, after all, this is the internet and it is difficult to tell who is genuine and who is not simply through the written word.

pianogirl

[58...]

No, it shouldn't be considered "shameful". However, I'm trying to get back into my previous profession and any hints at problems with mental illness and / or prescription drug problems could be problematic.

And I'm definitely not the only one on the forum in this situation.

Unfortunately, the general population does not understand these issues at all.

And as PG said, we have our usual troll.

[07...]

I live in a world where people need a warning on pudding mix that says "WARNING.. pudding will become hot when heated".

I live in a world where people don't see a security risk wth posting pictures of themselves with their kids outside of their house on public facebook profiles while antagonising god knows who on the internet.

I live in a world where the best ever, most used, unguessable password for computers is... password.

I live in a world where people add their names and addresses to petitions and then send them to the government telling them "we demand we be allowed to grow weed at home", then wonder why they get raided six weeks later.

I live in a world where cheaters leave their phones unlocked, in the living room unattended, where the spouse can see their lover calling them.

I guess my overly-made point is that basic common sense is the best possible security measure.

Yobi :)

Crazypants, I had a feeling that pic was you. It reflects your personality, the way you communicate by your writings on this forum. You are brave to show your face to the world! I can't do it due to job situation. My avatar is Lindana, a mother of two boys and one girl just like I am.

LW,

I HAD TO DO A DOUBLE TAKE AND GET REALLY CLOSE TO THE SCREEN, AND YEP...SURE ENOUGH...THERE SHE WAS!

I'M CURIOUS AS TO HOW THEY CAPTURED HER REFLECTION IN THAT SHOT?

I THINK IT'S A REFLECTION OF CP's IMAGINATION ;)  AT LEAST WE KNOW HE'S IMAGINING BEAUTIFUL THINGS  :thumbsup:

FB :)

I lived in the military- where we warned about: Essential Elements of Friendly Information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operations_security

Wherein- seemingly innocuous bits of information could and would lead to dangerous situations.

something I learned the hard way when I was targeted by an online hacker group I'd angered.

WELL RC,

I WASN'T IN THE MILITARY; HOWEVER, I DO KNOW ENOUGH TO REALIZE THE EVIL LURKS ALL AROUND US!

YA GOT'S TA BE CAREFUL...AND, I 2 LEARNED THE HARD WAY!

FB

Hopefully everyone here likes my avatar picture. I tried to look my best.  >:D Just don't come hunting me down at my work, Strictland Propane.  :thumbsup:

Hank :)