Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Embarrassing W/D Stories?

[Je...]

Okay,so I can see now this W/D process is going to be a long road of little incidences.Some worse then others. But a few have actually been amusing. Have you guys had any?

Here is one of mine. My boyfriend and I were at Walgreen's. We were looking at

stuff for his itchy skin. He has Eczema,so he is always scratching. I was trying to be funny and picked up some preparation H and asked him if he needed any of that,and right as I did,a guy that worked there came up behind me and said," You folks need help finding anything?"

Well,the whole sensory overload thing,I jumped out of my skin!! I dropped the box on the floor and my face got soooo red.Then I was side steppin trying to hide what I was holding from the guy,cuz embarrassing!!

He said,"I didn't scare you did I?"

All I could do was chuckle and walk away.I have been extra jumpy. It was such an over reaction,but it was funny.

Then the guy followed us around the store and I told my boyfriend he probably thought I was trying to steal or something!!

So,have any of your unfortunate symptoms caused embarrassing moments for any of you?

OMG yes.

When I was on a forced c/t, lol I was just thinking about this yesterday...I acted totally insane to these random strangers. An acquaintance of mine had offered to buy me lunch and he kept standing me up about it for like 2 weeks(being homeless, it's a big deal when real food is offered). I had that indescribable thing some folks get when in w/d where you think someone's face is someone you recognize, like their face morphs into someone else's...and well, I ended up screaming at the top of my lungs at some guy and woman thinking it was him and his girlfriend.  :-[

I'm embarrassed just thinking about it now! lol

-lillywhite

Noise sensitivity.

I remember remarking to the missus about how annoying the cats were what with their stomping around the house.  She laughed, I was embarrassed.

welcome JeweyA to BB  :smitten:

here one of my stories:

my mom wants me to contact

that coworker of my husband that also slept with

his NEW woman of his life

on FB .....

WTF i will talk with him about...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not sure if these are embarrassing w/d stories or not, but the past few days people have been saying hi to me that look totally unfamiliar to me but seem to know my name and things about me. Really odd!

Not sure if these are embarrassing w/d stories or not, but the past few days people have been saying hi to me that look totally unfamiliar to me but seem to know my name and things about me. Really odd!

That seems embarrassing,cuz maybe you do know them and it's like a memory lapse.

Either way,that would freak me out!

Haha, I dunno. They don't seem like people I'd normally hang around though...weird, weird. Oh well. Any more stories?

My absent mindedness. 

It took me awhile to remember, imagine that.

I don't know how many times I've got to work or gone home forgetting something important.  Hmmmm, I would imagine that it be easier to drive to work/home if I remembered my car keys....

Then having to wake the wife up to let me into the house so I could search for them. 

Oh I left my work computer (portable) at this one place 40 miles away- again.

I forgot where this one site is.  Why am I in this county?

Wow, JeweyA,

a worker followed me around in a Walgreens store.

Is that company policy to have workers follow people around? It creeped me out.

Iggy

[1f...]

Ay...where to even start?

Looking for my glasses while wearing them

Taking a shower with my socks still on

Introducing myself to my husband. Of 13 years!

Eehm.

Yeah, someone at Starbucks  asking me for my name and I couldn't reply somehow and I said a whole different name just to get out of the situation. And then not responding when my drink was ready, of course. They stared at me for quite a bit that day.

Going out for an errand in a shirt Inside out and two different colors flip flops on.

Sigh...what happened to me? :sick:

I never was like this.

But some of the situations are quite funny, looking back.

[1f...]

Oh and I forgot the one where I had to post a package but ran out of tape.

So I taped up the package at the post office and paid and left.

When I got home, I couldn't find my keys. I packed them in the box... But didn't know what happened to them till my mom got her package and told me my keys were in it.

such a donkey:

I'm collecting reports

from ALL your psychs:

MAnila CAiro, Geneva and your home

:idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

so my parents now thinking to back stab him

with his reports

and show to the court that I'm

REALLY sick and unable to live within normal family:

take care of my child and husband

and

i need to live in some kinda mental asylum...

so he will pay it  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

since i wasn't working when i was married to him and plus seriously mentally ill....

:crazy:

Ha! These are great stories.

All we can do is laugh at them...

I have always been a klutz so this is making me like a uber klutz.

I have more accidents then I care to admit.

My last one while cooking on my stove (it's one of those flat top ones)

and something boiled over and I tried to wiped it up with a towel while it was HOT.

The towel melted to the stove and it was a huge mess  ???

My boyfriend says I can't be left alone without a responsible adult

I would do that normally with those stoves, I don't react to them correctly...something in my brain doesn't recognize it as a stove designed that way lol

Something about driving in the fog, makes my cog-fog worse. I had to brake rather suddenly because I'd forgotten where the intersection was.  The boss was in the seat next to me.

[1f...]

Something about driving in the fog, makes my cog-fog worse. I had to brake rather suddenly because I'd forgotten where the intersection was.  The boss was in the seat next to me.

Ah, lovely.

Nothing like Impressing the big guy.

[1f...]

I have tried several times to open my office door with car key opener, a Student of mine saw me once  :P

:laugh:

I copied something from my phone and then tried to paste it on my iPad. And I got really frustarted that it didn't work. :idiot:

This is a good idea--to look at the funny side of this crap!

I drove the wrong way down a one-way street 1/2 a mile from where I've lived for 19 years because I forgot which street went which way. I'm on that road twice a day most days (or more).

I have some blurred vision from wd. Yesterday when I got up my vision was especially blurred in my right eye as I was reading the paper. I couldn't really make out the words with just my right eye and I started to freak out that I was going blind. Turns out I forgot to take out my contacts. I have a bifocal lens in the left but just distance lens in the right so that's what was causing it. Oops. Glad not to be blind though :)