Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Pray for Joni Mitchell

[be...]

Hi:

I got word yesterday that Joni Mirchell was rushed to the hospital in LA and is now in ICU. Nothing new to report, other than I just realized that her new founded daughter she gave up for adoption in 1965 had been murdered. (She was a model in Canada). The father of her daughter found the person who molested her and killed and he killed that man for revenge and justice. Joni has had a long series of serious health problems, that includes polio. She said in a CBC (Canadian Broadcast Crop.) that she should have died 20X by now. I know her polio has returned in these many pasts year and she cannot walk without two canes. Her voice is gone for singing purposes. Her last album was made in 2002. She hates the music industry and has become a recluse by it. If you listen to the song, River, she says, "I want to make a lot of money so I can leave this crazy business." If you really want to get the sad story about her life, then go onto YouTube and listen to the 2-hour interview by CBC. She is not the person I imagined her to be. :'( :'( I  think I will be a very sad person if she dies. She has to be tops by me. There is already a pre-written obit about her at The New York Times. She really is a painter rather than a singer/song writer.

:'( :'(

Bets

Bets, I can't help wondering about her drug history when I read this business about Morgella's disease.  Isn't the feeling of bugs crawling on the skin something lots of people in tolerance and withdrawal write about?

Every story that comes on the news these days I'm thinking, Okay, what was this person on?  And even more importantly, what were they trying to get off of?

Yeah, I feel bad for her too.  My most favourite, Mary of Peter, Paul, and Mary, already died.

Bets, I can't help wondering about her drug history when I read this business about Morgella's disease.  Isn't the feeling of bugs crawling on the skin something lots of people in tolerance and withdrawal write about?

Every story that comes on the news these days I'm thinking, Okay, what was this person on?  And even more importantly, what were they trying to get off of?

Yeah, I feel bad for her too.  My most favourite, Mary of Peter, Paul, and Mary, already died.

Hi FJ:

I believe the skin disease is called Morgellons. I don't know anything about any drug abuse but I assume she smoked a lot of pot in her days. She was never in rehab. I know I know. I love PP&M as well. She happened to live in my town and I used to see her walking about a lot. Her daughter graduated from the same HS as I did, but obviously much later on. The trio played in my town often and I saw them many times. She was just part of the community like us regular folks. Carly Simon lives pretty close to me. It was a very sad day for me when I learned she had died. :'( :'( :'(

Bets

Seriously?  About living in the same town.  Wow.  She is probably the reason I named my only daughter Mary.  My husband grew up in a celebrity rich town too, but my town, where I still live, is pretty short on famous people.

I saw Joni in the 70's. it was a huge place and we had bad seats but she was so talented.

i will pray shes ok. everything i read so far says she was in good spirits in the ambulance?

i knew she had a daughter but didnt know she was murdered?