Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I have a theory...

[Cl...]

...I think that people that have problems such as stress, anxiety, depression or mental illnesses like those, are either the oldest among her brothers and/or sisters or the one before the youngest (if our parents have 3 or more children).

So, I would like to know if this is true, what order are you in age in your family?

I am the oldest

Thank you! :smitten:

[41...]
I'm the fifth out of 8 kids.  I know that my father had problems with panic attacks and 5 of my other siblings have had anxiety issues, although they did not resort to medication as far as I know.

Lilly, you are the only Child, then my theory is right  ;)

JC, you are the fifth, so my theory needs more work done  ;)

Who else?

Older/only.

I've not seen mine sibling for over 10 years, and I didn't see her for much of my life. She's a coke freak.

...I think that people that have problems such as stress, anxiety, depression or mental illnesses like those, are either the oldest among her brothers and/or sisters or the one before the youngest (if our parents have 3 or more children).

So, I would like to know if this is true, what order are you in age in your family?

I am the oldest

Thank you! :smitten:

The oldest  of three.

Nova xxxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Wow!, many oldests and only childs!...I was not very wrong...

I wait for more replies...

Thank you all  :smitten:

Wow!, many oldests and only childs!...I was not very wrong...

I wait for more replies...

Thank you all  :smitten:

:D Clona, hope all is well and there might be something to this Madness ? Love & Peace ~ CD

Oldest of 3. Both are sisters, mom's favorites ;)

Though my whole family on my mom's side is prone to anxiety issues.  So it's kinda hereditary.  My Aunt is poly drugged out to her eyeballs.

[6d...]
Only child. Mother plagued by extreme anxiety. Father committed suicide. I consider myself a success though, in love and life!  ;D

Only child. Mother plagued by extreme anxiety. Father committed suicide. I consider myself a success though, in love and life!  ;D

Ingrid! Yes! You are success!!! :smitten:

im the middle child i have 2 brothers my oldest brother takes high dose of xanax and fluxotine my younger brother has mental problems its not his fault :( , and myself im autistic i really dont have anxiety , my mom she seems to be agorophobic , dad is always gone since he's a trucker

I am the second to the youngest! Two older brothers and one younger!

Same for me. I have two older brothers, and one younger. But remember that I am doing well....

Raised only child (adopted when I was little). Biologically oldest/only of my biological parents also, although they both had kids with other partners.

Oldest, but I've never had a mental health issue. Situational depression maybe, but no history. These drugs GAVE me a mental health issue.

Oldest, but I've never had a mental health issue. Situational depression maybe, but no history. These drugs GAVE me a mental health issue.

Me too!!!  >:(

Nova  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I'm the older child of two.

So the pressure was on me to be more "responsible", set a "good example" and generally act more "grown up" with less freedom to make mistakes.

I am an only child..but i was misdiagnosed to get me on the k 28 yrs ago..and the depression that comes now..comes from the k

but this is an interesting thing..and you are very smart clona  :thumbsup: