Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Gas Leak

[ch...]

Came home and after 15 minutes, noticed the house smelled like gas. I hadn't used to stove in weeks but when the gas company came out they said the burner knob had been cocked so that there is no flame but there is gas. This is so strange. I'm still trying to air out my house.

Came home and after 15 minutes, noticed the house smelled like gas. I hadn't used to stove in weeks but when the gas company came out they said the burner knob had been cocked so that there is no flame but there is gas. This is so strange. I'm still trying to air out my house.

DAAAANG...HOW SCARY!

I WONDER HOW LONG IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN LIKE THAT?

DO YOU THINK IT WILL TAKE A WHILE FOR EVERYTHING TO AIR OUT?

I'M GLAD YOUR OKAY....

FB :)

To actually went to bed and slept with the gas pumping out all night and had no idea until i went out my kitchen what the weird smell was all over my home or why  felt sicker than just benzos sxs, It never even smelt like gas. I was advised by the NHS on the phone to go to Hospital but being house bound with benzo sxs and still being alive and conscious I stayed home and recovered.

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten:

you might want to look by your stove behind it or on the side of it to see a shut off valve that should be on the natural gas line pipe  but um its dangerous to be around that gas leak just breathing it is dangerous . it woiuld be around $5 to buy a natural gas shut off valve from your local hardware store if your gas line doesnt have one by the stove. it would be best to instal it at where small connections are at so you dont have to cut any of that pipe . you'll just have to shut off the gas outside for a little while ,  while instaling this shut off valve . you'll need some teflon tape thats like .50 cents also to wrap at connectors . only thing is , you'll have to use the shut off valve each time to turn off after you turn off stove . you could find a USED gas stove for $30-$50 in your local craigslist or classified ads

Nova, I'm glad you're okay and didn't get more sick.

Babyangel, fortunately the gas has been shut off. Two gas leaks were spotted by the gas company and I'm going to have to hire someone to fix them.

Mine was some one leaving my gas turned on by accident and I never noticed as I had really bad pain and brain fog and just went to bed to lay down as there was nothing else I could do as we all know unfortunately ::)

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Congrats on being so lucky. Gas is not only a potential spontaneous combustion but is also an oxygen displacer.

MEOW !! h rockingchaircat !  wanted to congradulate you on quitting  Ativan a month ago MEOW! , i imiss my cats how they used to leave cat hair all over my clothes after i held them i lost my cat of 14 years last june  :'(  the first 2 months were the hardest for me quittng alprazolam (xanax) i felt hours of relief just going for a walk , its best to walk before you start feeling bad . i also take these vitamins they help very very good with sleep i take these 3 at same time vitamin C, D & magnesium yesterday i took those 3 before an afternoon nappy that was supposed to be 1-3 hours i was sound asleep for 6 1/2 hours !

i just wanted to give you a heads up on that i really do care im 6 months and i feel 85% healed just try to avoid excess sugar & tobacco use and exercise / activate more than ever that was the key to my sucess in quitting and feeling so much releif , god bless you, pls do a favor for me and give your kitty cat a big big hug for me !!

Katie (babyangel )