Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

L'Oreal Heiress Fading Away?

[be...]

I'm sure everybody from France knows this story very well, as it is big time in the courts in Paris. The 2nd richest woman in the world~~worth an estimated $40 billion~~ Liliane Bettencourt-Meyers, has been the center of a court case, despite the fact that she is not in court. Frailty and deafness. Apparently quite a few members of her entourage have been accused, of well, ripping her off. The trial just ended this week and the judges are supposed to make a ruling on May. She is 92. What is at center also is the fact that in her will, she left nothing to her only child, but all to her photographer. This doesn't bug me much as Americans' favorite pastime is lawsuits, but the fact the she was taking 56 different pills per day, including psychiatric drugs. 15 different doctors prescribed them. Now wouldn't you think the doctors should be defendants as well? This burns me up. It's a wonder she is still alive after taking all of those pills. Obviously she was out of it so she took whatever pills her caregivers gave her. :tickedoff:

Power corrupts. It says something about the medical profession and people.

To me it says that Rich folks feel that they don't have to live by the standards everyone else does. More often than not- they've chosen to put themselves above everyone else when it comes to personal responsibility.

I'd be willing to bet a week's paycheck- that she chose to fire any doctor who dared to try to get her off the pills. You know- to get her to take some personal responsibility.

Now did Ms. Bettencourt-Meyers earn her billions? Or did she inherit it?

Power corrupts. It says something about the medical profession and people.

To me it says that Rich folks feel that they don't have to live by the standards everyone else does. More often than not- they've chosen to put themselves above everyone else when it comes to personal responsibility.

I'd be willing to bet a week's paycheck- that she chose to fire any doctor who dared to try to get her off the pills. You know- to get her to take some personal responsibility.

Now did Ms. Bettencourt-Meyers earn her billions? Or did she inherit it?

Yes. She inherited it. L'Oreal happens to be the largest cosmetic company in the world. I wear the make-up myself. :smitten:

shes 92. she might have dementia??

cut her a break

The whole point of my OP was that I WAS cutting her a break. I think what those people did to her was horrible. It is not her fault.

i feel sorry for her.

when youre that rich everyone turns into vultures :-[

I disagree- much of society already are vultures.

i feel sorry for her.

But there is also a moment of personal responsibility- Look at Michael Jackson. And what a Doctor did to him. Money attracts vultures and hangers on. It's a song as old as money.

• 2 weeks later...

i feel sorry for her.

But there is also a moment of personal responsibility- Look at Michael Jackson. And what a Doctor did to him. Money attracts vultures and hangers on. It's a song as old as money.

Exactly,

all he desparately wanted was good sleep

i think we all can relate to that

the least the dr couldve done was watch over him while giving him all the drugs