Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What colour is this dress?

[d9...]

I saw the dress as gold and white. My son saw it as blue and black. It seemed so odd, because I couldn't see even a tiny bit of blue or black. Then it switched for both of us.

Now it switches for me all the time.  ???

And it's not a subtle difference. It's like looking at two entirely different dresses.  :o

I find this topic fascinating.  This is from MSN, it appeared this morning, it's about the color blue:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/no-one-could-see-the-color-blue-until-modern-times/ar-BBi3GwP?ocid=u148dhp

I just love this stuff!  :thumbsup:

So fascinating! And that article, too. Thanks for posting it! :)

[d9...]

What colour is this dress, Vasilisa? ;)

i red your posts Orion and frankly you should be posting your success story ...

1 month window with 3 bad days.....

NO COMMENTS!!!

It was a one month window with only 5 days of acute-like physical symptoms and a partial window for mentals. I wasnt outside walking around with my boyfriend holding hands and on our way to go out for dinner. I was on the couch, not suffering as much as I was, and felt like I was making huge strides towards healing.

By no means is this a success to me. lol. When I can leave my house, without fear, play games, without fear, eat anything I want, without fear, and not think about withdrawal at all...that is success. Having one month of dumbed down symptoms is not a success story. Especially when a month later you return to full blown acute withdrawal.

[d9...]

What colour is this dress, Vasilisa? ;)

i red your posts Orion and frankly you should be posting your success story ...

1 month window with 3 bad days.....

NO COMMENTS!!!

It was a one month window with only 5 days of acute-like physical symptoms and a partial window for mentals. I wasnt outside walking around with my boyfriend holding hands and on our way to go out for dinner. I was on the couch, not suffering as much as I was, and felt like I was making huge strides towards healing.

By no means is this a success to me. lol. When I can leave my house, without fear, play games, without fear, eat anything I want, without fear, and not think about withdrawal at all...that is success. Having one month of dumbed down symptoms is not a success story. Especially when a month later you return to full blown acute withdrawal.

thanks for reply...so you are a girl...

as for me i could put my success story RIGHT NOW, i have the strength now to live my life in PERMANENT DR and DEPRESSION....

Thats great! I look forward to reading it :)

[d9...]

I would.  :laugh:

The earlier one you were discussing is really obvious btw. I will say no more  :-X

Suuuuuuper obvious. Lol. People really gotta swap up their stories and writing style a bit if they dont wanna get busted. Lol. I may be mentally fucked, but I was always good at solving a mystery. ;)

Whatever color(s) it is, and I don't care..

but it is a less than fabulous design.

Iggy

Now that's the REAL way of looking at it. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
Okay, ya'll, I've seen this allll over the internet. I don't get it. Is it to check for perception? Is it color blind-ness? I see black and blue-ish purple. I'm lost as how to others are seeing different colors... :idiot:

Okay, ya'll, I've seen this allll over the internet. I don't get it. Is it to check for perception? Is it color blind-ness? I see black and blue-ish purple. I'm lost as how to others are seeing different colors... :idiot:

It's actually a test of how your brain and eyes are wired.  Some people see it Gold and White, some see it Blue and Black.

What's even more interesting is that I've seen it both.  At first, it was blue black.  For quite a while.  Then one day I was at a restaurant flipping through twitter and saw it white and gold.  I though someone was playing a trick and photoshopped it, but sure enough I pulled up a search for that dress and they were all white and gold.

Let's just say I freaked out, heh.  A little while after that it changed back to blue and black.  One thought is that it depends on what your eyes were focusing on before you look at it as well.