Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

has anyone here had success with heatlhcare.gov?

[ba...]

hello im trying to sign up for healthcare.gov i partially signed up before i was told that sunday was the deadline to sign up i got a phone number to call i've been on hold waiting for an operator for 1 hour 10 minutes  :tickedoff:

has anyone had any success with signing up and seen good benefits ?i saw that on some folks theres no charge for it i hope i can qualify for this i have all my papperwork beside me thanks for any heads up

bleh it didnt go well i waited 90 minutes for an operator to pickup i said i wasnt working that i have ssi disability pending they asked if i would file a tax claim this year i said no my father will claim me then they asked me how much he makes i said only 65k a year when he told me he made 90k even then they told me it wouldnt be free as i would be hoping to be it would be 189 a month im thinking of calling tomorrow and say i wont be claimed and i wont file a tax return i dont have kids either so i cant get medicaid :(

Health Care gov is not free. Obama tends to lie. If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor if you like your insurance you can keep your insurance. Is is 2016 yet? Feel better and I hope it works out.

The website for healthcare.gov is atrocious and riddled with technical problems. The alternative of enrolling on the phone will take many many many hours of waiting and other technical snafus. But with persistence day after day after day, I was able to enroll. Free? LOL. This policy is costing me just under $1100 per month in premiums.

Nothing in life is free (read "OPM").

Good luck.

well i got some paperwork in the mail today from healthcare.gov when i applied or coverage i realy want / need medicaid :( i live in a state in texas where you need children or get ssi disability to qualify . i've had bad health since nov 2004 when i was a child then i never fully recovered from the seizures i had then caued by stress i was diagnosed with having schitzo by a dr and being autistic i was diagnosed that around a year ago i cant afford $960 a month for the abilify to treat that from what i read girls in their 20s are first diagnosed this , its difficult for me to grasps that i really have this when i have alot of talents such as art, cooking, small engine repair , auto body repair, im very computer savvy when it comes to repairing and diagnosing hardware problems ,  and hairstylist talents .  i know this sounds crazy of me but i saw Obama's email i think i will send him an email i relaly doubt that it will be actually him reading and responding back i just want to tell him my health crisis and tell him i have no chanse of recoveriy since i've been ill so long that i really need medicaid

Obamacare was a nightmare for me.  Nothing is free.  If you don't file a tax return you won't get the tax credits and subsidies.  That's what they told me.  My premium would have been 330/month.  I filed an exemption because I'm on SSDI and can't afford it.  If you don't have insurance or don't get an exemption, you'll owe them a penalty.  It's a big money grab scam to make the insurance companies rich, IMO. 

Hi miss becky, im sorry to hear about your troubles you had with obamacare too. It seems to hurt those who cant afford it the most. $330 a month is very costly with that kind of money you could be making payments on an economy car . Im not filing a fax return im unemployed since my illness began in eary 2012 :(

I have a fairly good understanding of that chaotic mess called the Affordable Care Act, aka, Obamacare.  I almost had a stroke dealing with that whole effing mess.  Nothing affordable about it.  Or it might be at first when they reel you end then they'll punch you in the gut down the road when the premiums, deductibles, copays, etc.  rise.  Lets not forget all the millions of Americans who are going to lose money when they file their tax returns this year because of the penalty for not enrolling in some insurance.  What an evil enterprise, that Obamacare act.  maybe you can get Medicaid?  I wasn't eligible for that either. 

i saw on the cheapest obamacare coverage i can get is like around $150 a month its real shitty (excuse my language ) you have to pay alot out of pocket until you reach a high dollar ammount to get partial coverage ehh  i always thought democrats were supposed to help the poor its really going to stick it to them ! when i first heard of obamacare a few years ago i thought it was great since i thought it was going to be like socialized heatlh care like how canada has . im still going to try to get medicaid when its doubtfull since i dont have any children or i dont have ssi disability :(

Hi:

My brother tried it as he is a project worker and does not receive health care benefits. After two months of getting nowhere, he got his own private insurance. Then a couple of months later he tried and got someone, so he signed up for that. He shouldn't have bothered as he got the same insurance for the same monthly charge both with his old insurance and the government insurance. Sound like a mess to me. Lucky me. Since I am on disability, the state pays for my insurance all of my co-pays and my medication. So I spend NADA on these things. I haven't paid a doctor a single dime for the past 5 years. The State even paid for my knee surgery, which costs $20,000. No wonder our taxes are so high here.

My old 'expensive' insurance ended up saving me money...???WTH? Well, till the premiums go up...I worked my entire life to be 'allowed' to pay for my Medicare...hmmmmm, NOW I understand the empty jug of vaseline in my driveway...regularity is going to be the LEAST of my problems... :-[

the federal government won't give you medicaid until you spend down all your assets.  you have to be completely tapped out financially and living on the edge of homelessness before they'll give you health insurance.  That's how messed up these United States are.  If you own another vehicle, you can forget about getting medicaid.  If you have money in the bank, forget about qualifying for medicaid or food stamps or anything.  They want you so poor, you'll have to beg on the streets for help when they turn off your electricity, gas, etc. and get kicked out of your home because you can't pay your bills because you're living on the edge each month.  This world wants the poor to live under so much tremendous stress, it kills us.  Evil, rotten, almight dollar.  Everything is about money.  Money makes the world go round, on and on.  No money and you die a slow agonizing death from the stress of not having enough.  How do you buy a new car when the one you have is old and will keep breaking down?  when you're living with nothing each month with no money in the bank?  How do you afford your car insurance? 

the federal government won't give you medicaid until you spend down all your assets.  you have to be completely tapped out financially and living on the edge of homelessness before they'll give you health insurance.  That's how messed up these United States are.  If you own another vehicle, you can forget about getting medicaid.  If you have money in the bank, forget about qualifying for medicaid or food stamps or anything.  They want you so poor, you'll have to beg on the streets for help when they turn off your electricity, gas, etc. and get kicked out of your home because you can't pay your bills because you're living on the edge each month.  This world wants the poor to live under so much tremendous stress, it kills us.  Evil, rotten, almight dollar.  Everything is about money.  Money makes the world go round, on and on.  No money and you die a slow agonizing death from the stress of not having enough.  How do you buy a new car when the one you have is old and will keep breaking down?  when you're living with nothing each month with no money in the bank?  How do you afford your car insurance?

Or car registration and a driver's license? I just got my license renewed today and they charged me $100..... :idiot: