Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What Hobbies Do you Have.

[wa...]

I like knitting,  but only do easy things like a scarf, not much concentration needed.  ::)

I've recently started card making,  I love this, it is really absorbing  and it's so pleasing when

you have created something really nice.

Anyone got any interesting  hobbies  ?

I like knitting,  but only do easy things like a scarf, not much concentration needed.  ::)

I've recently started card making,  I love this, it is really absorbing  and it's so pleasing when

I show golden retrievers in American Kennel Club trials. I am also an AKC judge.

[9b...]

I golf (poorly), I bike, and I do astronomy/astrophotography.  I took very few pictures last year while in withdrawal.  Hoping to make up for it this year.  Here's a pic from last month.

http://enchantedskies.net/Lovejoy5Med.png

Benzogirl,  I love dogs,  I have 2 rough collie.  (Lassie)  :thumbsup:

Rocking,, The spaceships sound great.  :)

badsocref,  That picture is awesome. 

It's great to find something to enjoy,  anyone else got an hobby ?

I show golden retrievers in American Kennel Club trials. I am also an AKC judge.

That's so cool! :)

Was a very active musician, now just mixing some tracks when I feel well enough to handle it. I hope to get well and get back to my hobby/career.

For now, I like to do puzzles, read online, write emails to my friends, and spend time on here.

What instrument did you play, Jenn?

I don't like to say "did," because I can still play them on low volume if I choose to, at least for now. I hope to heal from this anxiety and get back to it fully. I play bass, lead guitar, keys, drums, and I sing. I own a small recording studio, and now you know why I sometimes emotionally beat myself up for not being up there in it, getting things done. I need to learn to go easier on myself.

[9b...]

Wow!  I played keyboards in some cover bands (and a Grateful Dead copy band) for awhile.  It was fun, but I spent a LOT more money than I ever made.

Ah - those were the daze!

What genre music do you do?

Wow!  I played keyboards in some cover bands (and a Grateful Dead copy band) for awhile.  It was fun, but I spent a LOT more money than I ever made.

Ah - those were the daze!

What genre music do you do?

That's very cool that you played in a band. I'm sorry about the money part. The music industry is going through a lot right now too, and even very famous people aren't making much, or as much as they used to. Oftentimes, musicians rely on live shows now for income, due to streaming services not paying.

I play alternative and electronic music.

[9b...]

Music was (is) just a hobby for me.  I don't make any money playing golf either.  ;)

I like alternative a lot.  Also like some kinds of electronic as long as it's not too repetitive.  I like slower, ambient electronic stuff a LOT.

Music was (is) just a hobby for me.  I don't make any money playing golf either.  ;)

I like alternative a lot.  Also like some kinds of electronic as long as it's not too repetitive.  I like slower, ambient electronic stuff a LOT.

Same here with the music taste.

[9b...]
For some months during my withdrawal, all that I could listen to was ambient, electronic music.  Even classical was too rowdy for my revved-up brain.  I created a 'Hearts of Space' Pandora channel for times like those (or whenever I just want to lose myself in deep space).

I golf (poorly), I bike, and I do astronomy/astrophotography.  I took very few pictures last year while in withdrawal.  Hoping to make up for it this year.  Here's a pic from last month.

Groovy!  Nice art work bads :thumbsup: 

Groovy!  Nice art work bads :thumbsup:

I second the groovy.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
[f4...]

Hello! Can someone tell me what ambient music is? I'm always rocking out to something loud in my car. I'm not young anymore. I just never grew up or out if the 80's  :laugh:.

I see there is some talent here :thumbsup:

[9b...]

Ambient music is usually quiet, melodic, low-energy.  Usually no vocals, synthesizers and quiet guitars are commonly used.

An example (there are many sub-genre - I tend to like deep space)

It's nice and refreshing to read about positive things like fellow members hobbies.

I don't have too much free time during the week, but I love to go on hikes - as there's many wonderful, beautiful places to be outdoors here. I like to garden/grow things (can't wait for the weather to start getting nice again). I'd say these are probably my two favorite things I like to do when I have the time.

Also it just hit me, I guess I can consider this website a hobby of mine. I am not on nearly as much as I wish to be... But this is something I am working on.

M

Benzogirl,  I love dogs,  I have 2 rough collie.  (Lassie)  :thumbsup:

Rocking,, The spaceships sound great.  :)

badsocref,  That picture is awesome. 

It's great to find something to enjoy,  anyone else got an hobby ?

If you luv dogs, then you are a friend for life. Of course I know what a rough collie. As a judge, you have to know the ins and outs of every breed, even the ones you don't like...