Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Irish people?

[ni...]

• 3 weeks later...

Tá mé as éireann? An bhuil cheist agat?

Moya

It might be a silly question, but do most Irish people still speak Irish these days?

I'm European, but (obviously) not Irish.

I would like to be Irish, because they are so friendly and don't let work get in the way of pleasure. Plus they drink lots. Oops. I can't because I'm 18 years sober....

Irish is compulsory still in school and I speak both Irish and English but not everyone is fluent in both.

We have Irish schools only where we learn everything as gaeilge :thumbsup:

Riverdance made everything Irish sexy again so there is a revival of Irish dance, theatre, art, music, poetry etc.

I realise that English is the only language to post in - Sorry to the Moderators!! :( :( It won't happen again.

Love Moya xxx

PS - I am alcoholic so I no longer drink and yes, drinking is still a big pastime here. I do like going to the pub with friends as all pubs do coffee, tea, food.....it is a good place to be but with sobriety on my mind. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Irish is compulsory still in school and I speak both Irish and English but not everyone is fluent in both.

Riverdance made everything Irish sexy again so there is a revival of Irish dance, theatre, art, music, poetry etc.

I realise that English is the only language to post in - Sorry to the Moderators!! :( :( It won't happen again.

Love Moya xxx

PS - I am alcoholic so I no longer drink and yes, drinking is still a big pastime here. I do like going to the pub with friends as all pubs do coffee, tea, food.....it is a good place to be but with sobriety on my mind. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you dear sweet Moya!! Don't worry a bit about this, spend your efforts on your healing and your life situation.  That should be the most important goal for now.

Sending love your way.

PG  :smitten:

Tá mé as éireann? An bhuil cheist agat?

Moya

Tà mé as Éireann chomh maith agus níl aon cheist agam.

Conas atá tú Moya agus cá bhfuil tú ó?

Love Moya xxx

I dunno if I could do that. I have visited Ireland 3 times and sat in many of the pubs there and I noticed that the women there drink more than the men! ;D This was while I was drinking and we were ignorant to the ways of the country, so my hubby kept buying me a pint of ale, not half pint. People looked at us funny like..... :laugh:

i had a bad expereince with 2 irish delinquents from Ireland around a month ago on skype. I joked around with one of them before telling him i was his wife and i told him i should call the garda on him for being athiest. he knew i was kidding around . i was friends with one of them alex for around 2 years then one day me alex and his cousin were talking on skype and his cousins randomly sends me a picture of a house very close to mine i was like holy shit how the f did he find out where i live ? i had to block both of them after this happened :( i was really hoping to make him not be athiest someday i really tried