Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

A thread for us single folks :)

[Ci...]

Howdy :). Well I was put onto  this idea so decided to make it a go.  Thought I would start a thread for people who are single on the forum.  This can be a place for singles to talk, flirt, laugh, share experiences, let people know about yourself and sit back and just enjoy the posts and convo.  Of course ANYONE can comment in the thread, any make and model is welcomed :)

PS....PLEASE FOLLOW ANY RULES OF THE FORUM AND DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFO SUCH AS ADDRESS OR BANK ACCOUNT INFO OR NONE OF THAT STUFF  :idiot:

Ok so I guess I gotta start:

My name is Bradley and I am 40.  Been divorced 8 years and have no kids.  I live in the USA in the state of Virginia and I work from my home and for myself in the investment field.  :)

I totally feel like I just speed dated in a forum  :sick:

Hey Bradley great thread!

My name is Deborah, I'm 43 years old and I live in Midlothian, Virginia.  I have identical twin boys and they are 22 years old.  I've been divorced for 14 years.  God and my boys are the light of my life!!!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

HI BRADLEY,

MAN CITY (SLICKER) WHAT A "GREAT" IDEA FOR A THREAD! AND, THANKS FOR SAYING ANY MAKE AND MODEL WELCOME ;)

I'M FLUTER...I'M OLD ENOUGH AND I LIVE IN S. TEXAS ON THE GULF OF MEXICO.

I WORK IN THE HOME AS WELL...TAKING CARE OF BOTH MY ELDERLY PARENT'S...(DAD'S 87) & (MOMS 79) DAD SUFFERS FROM SEVERE CERVICAL & LUMBAR STENOSIS, AND MOM HAS DEMENTIA...AMONGST OTHER THINGS.

I HAVE A DEGREE IN OCCUPATIONAL AND MASSAGE THERAPY.

I HAVE 2 DAUGHTERS 24 & 27.  AND LIKE S4FUN SAID...MY GIRLS ARE THE GREATEST GIFTS I HAVE EVER RECEIVED IN MY LIFE.

GLAD YOU CREATED THE THREAD CITY :)

HUGS AND FRIENDSHIP,

FLUTER

P.S.  I LEFT YOU A BAG OF SALT & VINEGAR CHIPS AT YOUR DOOR & MY FAVORITE COLOR IS????? GREEN :thumbsup:

Hey Bradley great thread!

My name is Deborah, I'm 43 years old and I live in Midlothian, Virginia.  I have identical twin boys and they are 22 years old.  I've been divorced for 14 years.  God and my boys are the light of my life!!!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Heya Deborah :) I know your city, that's about 2 hours from me.  Been there years ago actually just don't remember why lol.  It's good you feel that way abt ur kids that's the way it should be

HI BRADLEY,

MAN CITY (SLICKER) WHAT A "GREAT" IDEA FOR A THREAD! AND, THANKS FOR SAYING ANY MAKE AND MODEL WELCOME ;)

I'M FLUTER...I'M OLD ENOUGH AND I LIVE IN S. TEXAS ON THE GULF OF MEXICO.

I WORK IN THE HOME AS WELL...TAKING CARE OF BOTH MY ELDERLY PARENT'S...(DAD'S 87) & (MOMS 79) DAD SUFFERS FROM SEVERE CERVICAL & LUMBAR STENOSIS, AND MOM HAS DEMENTIA...AMONGST OTHER THINGS.

I HAVE A DEGREE IN OCCUPATIONAL AND MASSAGE THERAPY.

I HAVE 2 DAUGHTERS 24 & 27.  AND LIKE S4FUN SAID...MY GIRLS ARE THE GREATEST GIFTS I HAVE EVER RECEIVED IN MY LIFE.

GLAD YOU CREATED THE THREAD CITY :)

HUGS AND FRIENDSHIP,

FLUTER

P.S.  I LEFT YOU A BAG OF SALT & VINEGAR CHIPS AT YOUR DOOR & MY FAVORITE COLOR IS????? GREEN :thumbsup:

Howdy Flutter :)  Good to meet ya also.  That's great you are the type to help your folks out, they did for you and you are giving back.  I see you like green haha and I will have some Ruffles for ya as soon as I get to the store 

Bradley,

Do you live near the mountains?  I love going to the mountains and to the beach.  I'd like to go to Luray Caverns.  I haven't been there in a long time.  We used to always go to Nags Head as a family.  I love surf fishing during the day and fishing on the pier at night.  I always went there as a child.  I want the boys and I to get our fishing licenses so we can start fishing.

I have some hot chocolate ready for you!  :smitten:

Ok, I refuse to let Bradley be the only guy in this thread!

Name's Chris, 42, Austin Tx. Divorced but still good friends with my Ex (who is now engaged).  No kids, but I have my puppeh Thomas, who's my boy.  Though in dog years, he's getting to be an old man..

My bank account is 77795431.. oh wait.

Ok, yeah well...hmm

I'm mike, i'm currently in Austin, TX, but home is in Silverton, Colorado. I'm married, my wife suffers from neurological damage and dementia and I am a caretaker for her. I live most of the time in a1989 Airstream motorhome, and love a traveling life. I'm a recovering alky, and am active in the recovery process for myself and others  in most forms of recovery. I am learning. I am a nurse(RN), a retired EMT-P, and have a few other letters after my name, mostly tied to healthcare. I have the best friends in the world and y'all are some of them. I absolutely love BB at this moment, but have other interests for those times when I will not like BB...it seems to happen to us occasionally...obviously, I like to throw letters together in a sometimes organized fashion, and I like laughing, crying, and cookies. I am housebroken, and have on occasion put the seat down on the toilet, but that's not a given. I hope that's enoughto get you to come on in or shut the door on your way out :laugh::angel:

Hey there Deborah!  ;D

@Mike- Yeah, I grew up in a house with 3 women.  Putting the seat down is ingrained in my psyche, even living alone.

Surprisingly well, actually.  Woke up with a Cortisol rush this morning, but I think it's because I was up too late and woke up too late heh.  Ready for the weekend.

And you?

Hey,

That's great that you feel good.  I'm not well at all but pushing through is all I can do.

Do you have any plans for the weekend?

Mission #1: wake up. Having reached my first goal this morning, I can now think about what I wanna do for the rest of the day... :thumbsup: ready to put on my pants and scratch out the can'ts...!

I think Saturday is turning out to be a board game night.  Other than that, my usual.  Finding ways to keep busy.  Grocery store run.. yadda yadda

A board game sounds fun.  I love to play cards that's something I haven't done in a long time.  Pictionary is fun but I'm the worst artist.  I can't draw to save my life.  Ha-ha....maybe, I should learn.  Have fun for me!  :smitten:

Hi:

My name is Bets and I am 50. I was born and raised in Fairfield, CT, but lived in Ohio for 18 years. Now, I'm back. I am taking care of my elderly mom but also have a job as a new media and marketing/promotions consultant for The Walt Disney Co. I mainly work from my home but have to often take trips to LA. I was a reporter/editor for several newspapers/magazines for 25 years. That's how I knew Disney, as I used to cover the Hollywood industry. I got through Syracuse University with a basketball scholarship. I have three brothers and a sister who died. My hubby divorced me 13 years ago due to my illness from psych meds. He remarried three weeks later. Affair????? Yup. I love to show golden retrievers in AKC (American Kennel Club) competitions and am also an AKC judge. So far, I have won 28 titles. I have no kids, as we were unable to have them. One of my other favorite hobbies is really doing a heavy duty cardio workout at my new exercise facility. I am also a movie fanatic. I have been tapering for over 1.5 years now and still have a ways to go. High dose? Yup, I believe so. :laugh: Except for insomnia I don't have any s/x. God blessed me with this. But since I change my diet drastically I find I can sleep much better. Here is my social security number:

%&$-(^-#@%&

Uhm...ignore that #... It's mine...bg, how'd you get that??? :laugh:

It's hard to believe that so many folks can join in on any topic and just run with it...gotta love this forums...i would never have imagined I would know so many people i never met!!!

Hey Bets!  You are blessed with a wonderful life!!!

This is a wonderful forum and everyone is so nice.  It's such a positive for me.  :smitten:

It's hard to believe that so many folks can join in on any topic and just run with it...gotta love this forums...i would never have imagined I would know so many people i never met!!!

I called the Federal Social Security Office in DC and they gave it to me. They said, hmmm, I know who texasstar is: He's on benzobuddies! :laugh:

Hey Bets!  You are blessed with a wonderful life!!!

This is a wonderful forum and everyone is so nice.  It's such a positive for me.  :smitten:

It's God's doings, not mine...Positive for me too. I'm glad I just happened upon it. I expect to see you soon snow4fun at the Faith Board.!!!

I called the Federal Social Security Office in DC and they gave it to me. They said, hmmm, I know who texasstar is: He's on benzobuddies! :laugh:

Well, that explains the 2015 black Suburban with dark tinted windows parked next to the naked lady 'hiding' behind a leafless shrub in my driveway...  8)  :laugh:

That would be my Parole Officer.. 8)....fwiw~~ I added a lot to my original reply, so you can know even more about me. I know how much you want to... :laugh: Just challenge me to one-on-one.