Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is everybody from New England prepared?

[be...]

Yikes on the snow. A state of emergency has been called for most NE states. The winds are supposed to get up to 70 mph and the snow can be as bad as three feet. The ocean waves will get higher. And I live near the ocean. Everybody off the road by 11 p.m. The worst will hit during the night. Schools are already cancelled and people who have a work day must stay home. Only emergency vehicles will be allowed.  It is now being called a historic blizzard. The high winds will cause impossible snow drifts. I hope everybody who lives here already ran their errands. Also, expect the power to be out. I guess no success story here! The National Weather Center has now called it :life threatening.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sn...]

• [be...]

• [Je...]

• [Ja...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Virginia and we got about 2 inches then slight rain.  I just shoveled and it wasn't bad at all.  Very pretty tho  :smitten:  Hope y'all don't get it to bad.  Be safe

I am on the RI/MA line, and I did a lot of shopping yesterday and today, bought more warm clothing, got LED flashlights, washed stuff, gassed up the car, went to the ATM, talked with the shoveling guys, had the hot water heater installer over this morning to make sure it runs on gas, and he showed me how to relight the pilot if it goes out, etc... but having no heat or power still sucks, and even though we have a gas stove/oven, the oven part is digital, so we can cook, but only on the stove top.

I hope that if and when the power goes out, they get it back on asap. I seriously dislike the cold, and it's supposed to be going down to the teens at night.

I am on the RI/MA line, and I did a lot of shopping yesterday and today, bought more warm clothing, got LED flashlights, washed stuff, gassed up the car, went to the ATM, talked with the shoveling guys, had the hot water heater installer over this morning to make sure it runs on gas, and he showed me how to relight the pilot if it goes out, etc... but having no heat or power still sucks, and even though we have a gas stove/oven, the oven part is digital, so we can cook, but only on the stove top.

I hope that if and when the power goes out, they get it back on asap. I seriously dislike the cold, and it's supposed to be going down to the teens at night.

I wish I had gas. I'm stuck with oil, so if the power goes out, I'm screwed.

But our gas heat would go out, because the boiler is ignited and powered by electricity. Do you mean the hot water?

Jen that was totally a doomsday prepped move haha  :thumbsup:

The blizzard of 78 is a reminder of how prepared we should be. We had a big storm here a few years back and it was tough. The power was out for 36 hours. I am seriously ready to boil pots of water and bring them up to the bedroom, and place them on towels to help keep the room warm. I try.

I live in Southern New Hampshire and I am ready as I can be. If we lose power, I will have no heat or no way to cook anything as I have an electric stove. Got canned food and stuff that I can eat without cooking. It has already started snowing...snow flurries at the moment....have plenty of blankets to wrap up in to stay warm...the only thing left to do is pray that it won't be as bad as forecasted.

Stay Safe..

God Bless You,

Nancy

Jenn:

Where you live is supposed to be the worst blizzard area. Please take care. I'm really glad you stocked up. Bets

But our gas heat would go out, because the boiler is ignited and powered by electricity. Do you mean the hot water?

Our oil powers both the heat and hot water. And we don't even have an effen camp stove.

Jen that was totally a doomsday prepped move haha  :thumbsup:

The blizzard of 78 is a reminder of how prepared we should be. We had a big storm here a few years back and it was tough. The power was out for 36 hours. I am seriously ready to boil pots of water and bring them up to the bedroom, and place them on towels to help keep the room warm. I try.

I think you are very smart to do what you have done to prepare. I remember '78 as well. Now they are saying that this storm will be worse than the one in '78. :tickedoff:

Praying for your safety and that the electric stays on.  It's going to snow any minute in Virgina.  I love the snow its so beautiful!!!

Stay safe and warm everybody!!!

Hey...I am in Virginia :).  We had some snow this morning and afternoon but not to bad.  Just enough to close schools and be a pest.  I like it tho, it's purdy.  Hope it snows more

Praying for your safety and that the electric stays on.  It's going to snow any minute in Virgina.  I love the snow its so beautiful!!!

Stay safe and warm everybody!!!

I luv the snow as well. We still have it on the ground. But enough is enough. But you are lucky. Va is not part of this particular weather pattern. It's been snowing here since noon. And I just luv Va. It's one of the most beautiful states in the country. Make way for a drone!  :laugh:And I've been to 40 of them. Expect me to arrive at your door step if our power fails. :laugh: Bets

Well those of us in Oregon are prepared to watch everyone back East (anything east of the Rockies) get snowed in; from our vantage points in the 69 degrees Willamette Valley.

Well those of us in Oregon are prepared to watch everyone back East (anything east of the Rockies) get snowed in; from our vantage points in the 69 degrees Willamette Valley.

We deal with snow, but OTOH, it rains too much for me in Oregon. It's dipping into the teens tonight......Not 69.  :tickedoff:

Jenn:

Where you live is supposed to be the worst blizzard area. Please take care. I'm really glad you stocked up. Bets

I'm in southern RI. Worst is northern. Thank you for your kindness. :)

Our oil powers both the heat and hot water. And we don't even have an effen camp stove.

I'm sorry. I hope you will be OK.