Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

need help with internet secuirty can anyone suggest a firewall thats free ?

[ba...]

hi ppls i was on skype awhile ago these 2 guys from ireland that know each other we have talked as friends for a long time then one of them sends a photo to me and says " katie is this near your house" i was very startled i think ill just block them i just think they traced my ip and came up with that but shiit i was thinking of getting a firewall program or i seen another program that masks my ip address to a location 1000s of miles away i dont want to cause any trouble here using it though . any suggestions ??

hi dee , yes IT WAS CREEPY they whoed me a picure of a smaller house than mine like 1/2 a mile away. yea they gave me trouble before i kinda started it i kept calling alex my wife even though we were just friends his cousin jack is the one that sent me the photo of my house , my tinnittus flared up im trying to stay busy to occupy my mind like i shampooed the carpet in my carawhile ago im going to shampoo the carpet in my truck soon .

i heard of that program siggy "the onion router" i think ill use that when i use skype or i might just take some time off from skype or make a new screen name since i've had other ppl bother me there before i saw something on the bb rules that no programs were alowed to spoof your ip address so i can disable it when i stop by here i used to use zone alarm a long time ago on my first computer back in 2003 i used windows ME or windows 2000 back then :P i actually liked windows 2000 pro i used it until updates stoped  around 2008 then i moved to windows xp until a couple of months ago to vista now

Well if he keeps bothering you I can scare him if you need me too ;):laugh: :laugh:

im sorry to hear that..

maybe when your done you can do my car next  ;)

I don't think that was IP based trace.  Many times you just might be giving out your personal info and knowing a bit of your info, someone can Google out more info from that.  Like for example, with as small information as user name or profile picture.  You could get a lot of info.  IP address we usually have is not a static, meaning it could change sometimes with just resetting of a modem.  If you are worried too much, maybe try contact your Internet provider and have them reset your IP to see if they could do that.  But most important thing is to be careful such as using discrete user name and password for each websites you visit.

I don't think that was IP based trace.  Many times you just might be giving out your personal info and knowing a bit of your info, someone can Google out more info from that.  Like for example, with as small information as user name or profile picture.  You could get a lot of info.  IP address we usually have is not a static, meaning it could change sometimes with just resetting of a modem.  If you are worried too much, maybe try contact your Internet provider and have them reset your IP to see if they could do that.  But most important thing is to be careful such as using discrete user name and password for each websites you visit.

Good info gats.  :thumbsup:

Snow

hi again thanks dee and gats,

i think i need to make a new skype name since my existing username there is my full name  and they couldve just used that to look up addresses here in corpus christi  its quite a big city i live in they still found me :tickedoff:

i recently changed my photo bucket to where a photo i posted here could not be clicked i have a large photo album on photo bucket with photos of me my car my house my ranch i set it to private where someone has to folow me on there , i dont get notified of who was folowing me i recently looked and i saw a sick perverted name following me  :tickedoff:

gats i think if i unplug disconnect my cable modem overnight and reconnect in morning it should change the ip address or i can try doing it running cmd winipconfig  i'll have to see if its different on vista that command and if CMD exists

dee22 , my car and pickup carpet cleaning turned out GREAT if you ever clean carpet try using a soap called fabuloso oxy its light blue i mix some of that in a little bucket of water i pour a little on carpet and cloth seat i scrub with bristle brush diffeent directions i let it set there awhile an hour or so i come back with a old torn dry towel i scrub the carpet and seats hard with the towels to dry it up and alot alot of dirt and stains come off carpet that way :)

thanks again for the nice support