Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Power to Change! WWYD?

[Ro...]

What Would You Do?

If you had the power to change...well, anything, be it humanity in general, or someone in particular, or the way the world works, or such.

I'd change....Humanity- in such a way that Men would feel the Birthing Pains of every Woman he impregnated.

[54...]
Personally, I'd prefer to reduce the pain felt by women rather than add that pain to men.  The world already has far too much pain (and I really don't like pain).

[54...]
Chinookwind - While I don't like animal research either, I'm curious how else you'd do testing for promising new drugs.  For example, a few years ago, I isolated a novel anti-breast cancer compound (got a patent and everything).  If no animals, how would we bring that to trials?

Well,

i would make sure that there would be no Tree of knowledge

in the Garden of Eden :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

THEY SAY THAT THE WORLD WAS BUILD FOR TWO....

:smitten:

Man giving birth to child...it's called a kidney stone...

I would start with an immediate cure for benzo-hell, and use the resultant increase in wasted time, energy, and sharing to attack other problems...

There's some good information at NEAVS (New England Antivivsection Society) website, see 'Research.'

http://www.neavs.org

It's largely thanks to animal testing that many of us find ourselves in this predicament, afterall the safety and efficacy of benzos were tested on animals before they got to market.

I would eradicate poverty. I am sure it would be feasible if the will was there to make the necessary changes.

People would be empowered to do the rest.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[54...]

There's some good information at NEAVS (New England Antivivsection Society) website, see 'Research.'

http://www.neavs.org

It's largely thanks to animal testing that many of us find ourselves in this predicament, afterall the safety and efficacy of benzos were tested on animals before they got to market.

I recognize the limitations and the brutality of animal research, but I did not see any alternatives at that web site.  Only that it is the future.  I look forward to that future, but don't know any currently available alternatives that would sufficiently advance a new medicine to go to clinical trials. 

I don't so much blame animal trials for benzo dependency.  There were all sorts of human studies done - those tests simply were extensive enough.  And even when tolerance became well documented, the pills continued (and still continue) to be handed out like candy.

Amazingly enough, there appears to be little or no oversight by the AMA or State Boards regarding doctors and the meds that they prescribe.  There is no assurance that a physician is trained to accurately prescribe a medicine or to know what to do if/when adverse side-effects occur.  Very sad.  I would fix that shortcoming in my utopian world.

[7c...]
I had an epidural and felt nothing while giving birth, but I went through hell in labor.  And yes, from all accounts it's about the same level of pain as a kidney stone.

and I would put a stop to videos on You Tube of terrified cats strapped to parachutes made to look like bats - which I do not find at all amusing.

(and all other "amusing" shots"

Check the PETA website for Action Alerts and if there isn't one you can email and ask them to investigate and start one.

With enough pressure from the public the videos may be removed. It's worth a try.

Meanwhile, a lot of real people with real problems are going hungry out there... :idiot:

I don't get your point, what difference does that make?  :idiot: :idiot:

Meanwhile, a lot of real people with real problems are going hungry out there... :idiot:

And that makes mine... :angel: :angel: :angel:

Oh how I wish I could be a smart arse...

Oh how I wish I could be a smart arse...

granted...but now YOU have to be responsible... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IWIC

oh, wait, wrong thread... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: