Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I made a video

[Ho...]

Hi everyone,

I made a short video of my experience to bring awareness to those in my life and possibly help others. I thought it might be appreciated here. I am making a series of them based on different side effects as well.

Hey hopeful-

Thx for the vid! I did see it earlier on Jenn L's blog and appreciated it as well. I'm 10 days shy of 13 months off benzos and 7 months off remeron. I seem to be going sideways with increasing  sxs and find myself repeating most of the day "how in the world am I going to get through this". My sxs are all psych, morning dreads, fear,terror, despair, hopelessness,depression,racing thoughts, desperation to name a few. As well as that feeling of this will never end and how can I do this for another year.

Anyways we've all come a long way and must keep going no matter what!

Hope you have seen some improvement since the recording of the vid!

Jrod

Hi everyone,

I made a short video of my experience to bring awareness to those in my life and possibly help others. I thought it might be appreciated here. I am making a series of them based on different side effects as well.

Hi Lisa,

its a very good video indeed and a big warning to people to do their research before

taking a drug, a poison....in order to fix a temporary health problem.

Stress.....unexpected life situations cannot be cured with a drug , it will do more harm than good !

As Dr. Peter Gotzsche stated at his last conference,

Psychiatry is no science...it is pure speculation....very sad but true.

I wish you well Lisa, way to go....but you will get there ,thank you. :hug:

Hi Lisa, Thank you for the video, I hope it helps many people to avoid taking benzos prescribed by their doctors.

I wish you all the best in your recovery!

[f9...]

Lisa,

Thank you, for making this video warning others of the dangers of these drugs.

You are very brave to do this.

Wishing you well in your recovery.

Ins

Made me cry. I see these videos all the time but I feel closer to the ones on benzo buddies. I am I sorry this happened to you. It shouldn't have. I was duped too. Keep holding onto your faith. He is there.

Hi everyone,

Hopeful-One,

Thank you for sharing your experience.  You have a lot of fortitude to put your experience on youtube.  Except for the floaty boat, it could be me. 

Sweet pea

Thank you!! I wish some of these videos were watched by docs that prescribe the drugs. In fact, I think they should have  to watch them before they graduate medical school.

I know the docs don't want to harm us but we have been harmed in a HUGE way.

I wish you wellness. Keep the Faith.

Thank you so much for your video. You brought a tear to my eye as I could relate to so many of your feelings and symptoms. God bless you, jenny

Thanks everyone! I just needed to document this hell we are in.

Beulah, to my surprise, this was shared with an international ethical psychiatry group! Someone on my Benzo FB group is quite the activist and grabbed it and ran! She has many connections and also put it on 3 anti-psychiatry websites!!!!

We need to consolidate and get the word out!

Hopeful, I SO relate to ALL of your video because I am living it also, at 6 months out, even after nearly a year-long taper off a pretty low dose.  Nearly lost my life because of it.

It's far from over for me yet.  While driving in my car earlier this week, I smelled burned toast, although there was no toaster in the car (duh), nor eatery within miles.  It's criminal, yes.  We treat our pets better.

Bless you... you are incredibly powerful and brave to post your ongoing experience... I see more and more similar psych-drug experience videos being posted all the time, which is a very positive step forward.  The exposure of the truth of these drugs is long overdue.

When in acute, I MADE my spouse sit down with me and watch a couple other similar videos (would have shown him yours also, had it existed at the time.)  The videos where what changed his mind finally about what this experience really is for a person.

Thank you so very much for doing this wonderful service for all of us.

Much love,

Serenity

PS - I really like the "during & after" videos people sometimes do about their benzo experience and ultimate recovery... they are especially uplifting.

Sad but true. I am wishing you all the best in your healing. I think most of us here were duped. I know I was. And I liked the post about psychiatry NOT being a science, but just a theory. :thumbsup: Keep on with more vids!