Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Bad dpdr again. Is this forever?

[Ma...]

Hello friends. I'm back again. I am wondering if its still normal to fall back into dpdr this far out. It started to get to me a few days ago but I got really bad a few hours ago. It honestly hurts so much. I can't explain the emotional hurt I'm under. Please tell me it will go away soon. I have had this before and it took forever to go away. I don't want to suffer anymore. Thanks guys.

How can this still be going on? Not just the dpdr. I mean everything. I'm so confused. I feel like I'm going to explode. I didn't do anything different. I'm shaking again like in acute. All this started today. What's going on? I can't do this again.

Exactly how I feel. It hit me at 14.5 months and it's still killing me 5 weeks later. What did we do to deserve this? I'm do sorry this is back for u. Hopefully it only lasts a few days.

I know what ya mean. It's so unfair. I was healing progressively and then this happened. I'm worse than I was in acute. Just try not to dwell on it even though it's really hard not to. It will pass.

I know what ya mean. It's so unfair. I was healing progressively and then this happened. I'm worse than I was in acute. Just try not to dwell on it even though it's really hard not to. It will pass.

Thanks cool. You too.

I woke up hoping I would feel better but it's a nightmare.

I'm scared to go to sleep cause I know it's still there when I wake up, actually I can't sleep. Every time I drift off I wake up trying to catch my breath with a weird head rush and panic. Happens several times a night. It's 7:45 am here and I'm still awake!

I'm scared to go to sleep cause I know it's still there when I wake up, actually I can't sleep. Every time I drift off I wake up trying to catch my breath with a weird head rush and panic. Happens several times a night. It's 7:45 am here and I'm still awake!

I remember those feelings. I hate those. I hope they don't come back. Right now I keep gettin the rushes of dread and fear. It's been gone for a long time and it make it feel like a new symptom all over again.

Are you feeling any better?

Actually no. Lol. I was going to start a post about being in the twilight zone again. I don't know what to think or do at this point.

What is DpDr? I Just read your post. I'll be thinking of you and hoping you will feel better soon. I wonder if you've been under a lot of stress lately? Holiday stress or anything that could've triggered this. Sending you healing vibes! It will pass  :smitten:

What is DpDr? I Just read your post. I'll be thinking of you and hoping you will feel better soon. I wonder if you've been under a lot of stress lately? Holiday stress or anything that could've triggered this. Sending you healing vibes! It will pass  :smitten:

That is so sweet of you. Thank you. It's very hard to describe. It's kind of like a non reality feeling. Like you or things and people aren't real.

Oh does it stand for depersonalization? It's sort of like an out of body feeling too right? Oddly I know what that feels like. I haven't had it from the ativan withdrawal but I'm very sensitive to all medications and even Tylennol, I've had that as a reaction to it. As a child my mom gave me baby aspirin and I had it to that as well. It's such a scary feeling. But all of our symptoms are thought to be signs of healing. Since you're 2 years out, maybe your body just needs to do some more repairs before you're all finished healing. Maybe your full healing is right around the corner, after this passes. You are so strong to be going through it each day!! And I'll definitely be thinking of you  :smitten:

That is so sweet of you. Thank you. It's very hard to describe. It's kind of like a non reality feeling. Like you or things and people aren't real.

Hi Maymay,

You were a very short term user.  It is highly unlikely you are still experiencing withdrawal effects this far out.  Have you thought about getting the help you need from trained psychotherapists? 

Hang in there! 

:thumbsup:

I was doing so well. Idk what happened. I was watching a Christmas program and. Just fell back into acute symptoms with today being the worse. Idk what's goin on. I know I'm going crazy.

Hi Maymay,

You were a very short term user.  It is highly unlikely you are still experiencing withdrawal effects this far out.  Have you thought about getting the help you need from trained psychotherapists? 

Hang in there! 

I am sorry to say that it isn't unlikely at all, I have known people who have taken 3  years or more to recover from even shorter term use than maymay's, and in my opinion, psychotherapy will not help, unless from a very supportive and well educated therapist. And as I know only too well, lorazepam is a particularly nasty benzo.

So please don't give up hope Maymay, you will recover and IMHO , only time will do it. 

I have spoken to Una Corbett, and she can give evidence that some people take months to recover from just one pill (a benzo pill of course).  It depends on on one"s genetic makeup and metabolism …

PS You most definitely are not going crazy!!!!!1 :thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup:

Thank you polenta. I appreciate the encouragement so much.

Hi Maymay,

Hang in there! 

I am sorry to say that it isn't unlikely at all, I have known people who have taken 3  years or more to recover from even shorter term use than maymay's, and in my opinion, psychotherapy will not help, unless from a very supportive and well educated therapist. And as I know only too well, lorazepam is a particularly nasty benzo.

So please don't give up hope Maymay, you will recover and IMHO , only time will do it. 

I have spoken to Una Corbett, and she can give evidence that some people take months to recover from just one pill (a benzo pill of course).  It depends on on one"s genetic makeup and metabolism …

PS You most definitely are not going crazy!!!!!1 :thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup:

I will first say Maymay that it can take quite some time to get better but you WILL get better.  Please try to take it one day at a time and know that the end will certainly come. 

I am very interested in what you say Polenta2.  I had a hernia operation back in 1998 and I woke up during the surgery and they had to put me back to sleep and I know they gave me a good amount of benzos.  I was ok at first but several months later I got hit with debilitating anxiety/pain/ and other classic benzo symptoms. They diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and it took months to get better and years to finally clear up.  In fact I had to go through the police academy under those conditions and it was absolute hell.  I wonder if a single large does can cause withdrawal?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [En...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [st...]
    • [De...]
    • [Po...]
    • [El...]