Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone familiar with how to cancel a flight and get a refund...

[Li...]

...due to medical reasons like psych med withdrawal?  I had a business trip planned for early February 2015.  I wanted to withdraw from everything by then but it's probably not possible.  I don't want to be stuck in another state and be suffering through withdrawal.  I know the hotel has no issue with cancellations but the flight says stuff like "You can only change the flight to a later date, otherwise you lose the money."  I don't think that's fair but I did buy an insurance policy which appears to have clauses in there saying that if I am medically unable to make the flight, I can get a refund.  I could also just do a credit card chargeback.  I'm just wondering what the best route to go is because I doubt I'll be ready to take a trip while being fully detoxed in approximately 10 weeks given the high dose of Klonopin I'm on.  Seeing if I can get off medications forever is my #1 goal in life, not some silly business trip that isn't even required.  Any help on this would be appreciated.

P.S. I apologize for mentioning meds but I did not see another appropriate place to post something like this in.

Can you provide medical proof that you are unable to make the flight? Call the airline and ask what kind of proof is necessary to provide to their insurance company that would be paying you back.

I got a note from my doctor and they allowed me to reschedule for another time. So my money was floating out there, but at least it wasn't a total wash.