Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Yet another email....

[be...]

I know you will find me interesting to be with when this relationship develops as I have seen that we are seeking the same thing in life (Huh? I never said anything) . Words can’t express how excited I feel right now,Am Captain ***************** U.S. troops in Afghanistan to fight terrorism. Based on the legislative and executive decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Afghanistan come this year, and I lost my wife on September 11, 2001 World Trade Center explosion, Am 50 years old and i have my daughter who is now 15 years old.I'm a loving man who is really seeking for my true partner to share the rest of my life with.I know that the race is not for the poor or rich, neither the swift nor strong but time and chances happens... am very gentle, kind, caring and good thinking person that doesn`t like any one who promise and fail, tell lies and someone that is not responsible. I am Loving, trust worthy, caring and good.. Am an

interesting Man, to be with, i am down to earth, and i like natural things.My way of life is simple and ideal.I am an outgoing person, and a very romantic Man who loves challenge. I love hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, boating, swimming, bicycling, playing volleyball, watching movies, gardening, cooking exercising, dining out, looking for a serious, confident, purposeful, faithful, trustworthy, smart, responsible, honest, kind, loyal, elegant, sociable, sensitive, gentle, cheerful, romantic, considered, responsible, jovial who will not hurt me and will know how to take care of a Man like me, because I think that marriage should be based on understanding and support each other, on real love and understanding, yes i got your contact with our search engine here in our main base camp.

I am a God fearing, affectionate, outgoing, active, energetic ,positive, generous man with a healthy sense of humor who is rediscovering all that life has to offer.I am a Fun loving, humble man with the believe that a woman should be treated like a lady and that it is always ladies first. I am a US Army that loves my work the way I love to enjoy life. I am fun to be with and can be very romantic. I am positive on everything that life brings me. I believe that I am where I am at this point in my life for a good reason. I am an honest and caring person who is very loyal to those I care about. I've travelled extensively in the course of doing my work. I consider myself to be a gentleman with good values. I am equally comfortable in a suit and tie as well as a pair of jeans. I am neat and clean in my living and my appearance. I enjoy nice things

I am so happy to have come across you (Huh? how did he come across me?) and i know that that you would want us to take this relationship slowly but I will try to be positive and consistent. I know you will not see me as moving fast as have come to understand that I will need a serious relationship in my life.

I was so excited when I read your profile (Huh? where did he read that? Probably from my professional journalist network); I really need a lady that is passionate and caring. Some one that is ready to spend the rest of her life with me. Someone that can accept me with my joking attitude, people say that I play with everything except my work. But what they did not know is that I can play with my work but not with my relationship or someone that I love .That is what I know that I can’t play with. This is why I prefer people that will appreciate my humorous attitude. I am fun to be with. Let ’s talk and get to know more about ourselves better.

I like seeing soccer, movies and listening to music. I like going to the beach and climbing mountains. Though I have only climbed once at Dublin .  I am a trained US Army Soldier and now work as a US Army.I am planning on retiring from active service by the end of this year.

I really can’t wait to be happy again forever. It has been a very long while since I tasted relationship and love. I pray that this comes out well as I am ready to give my all for this relationship. I can create all the time in the world to make it work as my job is not too demanding. .You will never regret meeting me, my late wife never did, so you will not. I promise!!!, i have my picture in the attachment as i will like you see your real pictures as well.

Regards

It's just spam/scam emails.  Your email addy was either harvested or randomly generated for a spam list.  You probably shouldn't have replied to the one from yesterday, that just told them it was a good address.

Either that, or a group of lonely guys found out about all that money that Disney gives you....  :)

It's just spam/scam emails.  Your email addy was either harvested or randomly generated for a spam list.  You probably shouldn't have replied to the one from yesterday, that just told them it was a good address.

Either that, or a group of lonely guys found out about all that money that Disney gives you....  :

Rayman:

Tell that to my boss. Ha ha. I bet she'll agree but I don't....How can someone "harvest" my email address? Am I being stupid? (I think yes). Tech idiot at play here....

Thanks Ray. I read the link. Why is this allowed to happen? I should have known since he never mentioned my name......I have to wonder where he got it from. Maybe some place like Amazon?

I bet if you could trace the origins of this email it would be coming from somewhere like Nigeria. Best to just keep deleting and not responding to anything more.

Also, something someone told me a long time ago, is never click on any kind of "unsubscribe" link on an email, unless it is from a known and legitimate source. You might click on it thinking that it will stop any further emails coming, but because these scammers/spammers that randomly select email addresses are working on guesswork, as soon as you click on an "unsubscribe" link it either (a) lets them know they have a "live one" and you'll just keep getting more and more emails, or (b) worst case scenario it will lead to something horrible happening to your computer or your personal information.

I bet if you could trace the origins of this email it would be coming from somewhere like Nigeria. Best to just keep deleting and not responding to anything more.

Also, something someone told me a long time ago, is never click on any kind of "unsubscribe" link on an email, unless it is from a known and legitimate source. You might click on it thinking that it will stop any further emails coming, but because these scammers/spammers that randomly select email addresses are working on guesswork, as soon as you click on an "unsubscribe" link it either (a) lets them know they have a "live one" and you'll just keep getting more and more emails, or (b) worst case scenario it will lead to something horrible happening to your computer or your personal information.

Okay..

I got burned with an email sort of like this. I learned to NEVER open an email with a name I don't recognize. I just delete it as spam and forget about it.

east

:sick:

You can block any more emails from this person.  I would do that and please make sure you don't open them anymore.  Delete without reading and do the block.  You should never open an email unless you know who sent it to you.  Just my 2 cents but I am on a system that gives me alerts all the time and these emails are scams and many contain viruses. 

this tall tail of this guy being a captain was quite a story , you could give him some military talk ask him "what is your mos "  preferably over the phone. so he wont have time to google it ,  "mos" is a job in the military  , my dad was in the army before i was born his mos was a helicopter mechanic

Yikes! Don't even say that.  :crazy: But good to know. I have been doing this, but with places I know, like the ACLU....

You can block any more emails from this person.  I would do that and please make sure you don't open them anymore.  Delete without reading and do the block.  You should never open an email unless you know who sent it to you.  Just my 2 cents but I am on a system that gives me alerts all the time and these emails are scams and many contain viruses.

Kgirl:

What do I have to do is block this person? I've gotten three more so far. Two of them repeats. I just deleted them.

Kgirl:

What do I have to do is block this person? I've gotten three more so far. Two of them repeats. I just deleted them.

Depending on the type of email you use there should be some of "junk" option in the toolbar. Normally it gives you the option to either put the sender on a "safe" list, or to put them on an "unsafe" list. If you block or put the sender on an unsafe list, the emails will automatically go into your junk folder and you can then just delete them from there.

Another option, if you are going to just delete them yourself, and you don't even want them going into the delete/junk folders, you can do a "shift + delete" and that will permanently delete the message. That would be my preference. Keep doing that and the messages will eventually die out.

I wouldn't be following the suggestion that babyangel made. That would only get you in deeper, and you just want this dick to go away.

mos. Hmmm. But I'll be damned if I have to speak with him over the phone......

another stranger asked me for my phone number i already have like 20 blocked phone numbers i dont bother answering calls that come from "private" and doesnt show the phone number .

Kgirl:

Depending on the type of email you use there should be some of "junk" option in the toolbar. Normally it gives you the option to either put the sender on a "safe" list, or to put them on an "unsafe" list. If you block or put the sender on an unsafe list, the emails will automatically go into your junk folder and you can then just delete them from there.

Another option, if you are going to just delete them yourself, and you don't even want them going into the delete/junk folders, you can do a "shift + delete" and that will permanently delete the message. That would be my preference. Keep doing that and the messages will eventually die out.

I wouldn't be following the suggestion that babyangel made. That would only get you in deeper, and you just want this dick to go away.

That's what I'll do. Thanks ladies. :smitten:

Sorry Benzogirl I was out for dinner - I think you got your answer to how to block it depends which email program you use but all have some type of mechanism for sending mail directly to your spam folder or actually blocking a sender.  If you use gmail you can block  - just google how to do it and it will take you through it step by step.  No more contact and I agree with everyone else no way I would ever call this person. 

another stranger asked me for my phone number i already have like 20 blocked phone numbers i dont bother answering calls that come from "private" and doesnt show the phone number .

Why are you giving out your number to strangers in the first place? Just don't reply or give you phone number to anyone, then you don't have to bother about blocking or not answering calls from unknown callers.

Why are you giving out your number to strangers in the first place? Just don't reply or give you phone number to anyone, then you don't have to bother about blocking or not answering calls from unknown callers.

well i know some of them a little . like some of these "strangers" i give my number to i met some of them on a online chat place called "omegle" or a video game i like to play called Runescape . some of them seem ok talking to typing to , then when it comes to talking on the phone to them theyre really werid in a annoying or sexual way

I couldn't agree more, DP.

fwiw, I have now unblocked my PM system, so anybody, anybody, please feel free to PM me anytime at all. :smitten: Bets