Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What do you think of this email??????

[be...]

Should I email him back? I don't know which web site he found me on. Thanks, Bets

My name is James,I am very happy to view your profile here today,as

I'm interested in knowing you & wanting to be your friend.I would

appreciate if we get to know each-other more. I quite believe that we

can start from here since it takes a moment to know someone. I want

you to understand that age,race or distance does not matter but loving

and caring matters a lot in life. I look forward to hear from you

soonest.reply me through my private email address at

(************@yahoo.com) so that i can write you.

Edit: personal email address removed

its only up to you to decide...

i would only suggest,,,,go with your feeling :thumbsup:

take care :smitten:

Thanks. But after reading the thread of a BBer who had a GF with BPD, I am very wary....

Id be wary for sure. Rather have you meet someone in the real world that u can get some idea of before u contact them.

You dont know how this guy found you....

Id be wary for sure. Rather have you meet someone in the real world that u can get some idea of before u contact them.

No. I haven't a clue. It just popped up on my personal email. But I'm on a lot of web sites. I did make a short email back to him, which said, "which web site did you find me on?"

Should I email him back? I don't know which web site he found me on. Thanks, Bets

My name is James,I am very happy to view your profile here today,as

I'm interested in knowing you & wanting to be your friend.I would

appreciate if we get to know each-other more. I quite believe that we

can start from here since it takes a moment to know someone. I want

you to understand that age,race or distance does not matter but loving

and caring matters a lot in life. I look forward to hear from you

soonest.reply me through my private email address at

(************@yahoo.com) so that i can write you.

Edit: personal email address removed

Sorry Megan. I should have known better.

No. I haven't a clue. It just popped up on my personal email. But I'm on a lot of web sites. I did make a short email back to him, which said, "which web site did you find me on?"

That was a good thing to ask...

Yeah, there was a whole show on Dr. Phil about these guys taking women for all their money.

Well, he can have all of my money, which is 8 cents. ;D Leave it to Dr. Phil. I wonder if THIS doctor knows about benzos?

Was this email addressed to you (or your screen name) personally? Why didn't he say what website he saw your details on? How did he actually get your personal email? If this was a legitimate contact via a legitimate website he would more likely be sending you a personal message, as we do here on BB.

My opinion? Dump it, delete it, burn it, but whatever you do don't reply to it. Next thing you know you'll probably be asked for money.

Was this email addressed to you (or your screen name) personally? Why didn't he say what website he saw your details on? How did he actually get your personal email? If this was a legitimate contact via a legitimate website he would more likely be sending you a personal message, as we do here on BB.

My opinion? Dump it, delete it, burn it, but whatever you do don't reply to it. Next thing you know you'll probably be asked for money.

He never addressed me by my name, or any online name I use at various web sites. He never told me how he found me. But my email address is on a few web sites, mainly professional ones. I don't plan on having any more contact with him at all. I even erased the original message, so I can't contact him even if I wanted to. Thanks guys, Bets

It's amazing how people can get a hold of your personal email details. At the moment I'm half-heartedly looking for some casual/part time work and my resume is registered on a very large employment site. I can choose to have my details public, so potential employers can read my profile and contact me, but I've chosen not to do that because I'm not all that interested in getting another job.

Anyway, nearly every day I get emails sent to my personal email address, from people telling me they've got the best job in the world, that I would be ideal for. Who knows how they get my details, but they do, and it's annoying because this particular site should be doing a better job of protecting people's information.