Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

LuigiThePug

[6a...]

[6a...]

Hey everyone, Luigi has decided to leave the forum permanently after attempting the ginkgo experiment. It floxed him and he ended up in the ER and is now on benzos again. He is safe and the benzos are working. He has no plans to taper anytime soon.

I know Luigi made a lot of friends around here so if you want me to pass along a message feel free to leave a comment and I will pass it along. :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mo...]

• [...]

• [...]

• [pa...]

Orionbash, thanks for posting, I reposted this to 2 threads Luigi has been active on so folks can pass on comments to him via you.

We will miss him! I hope he'll come back when he's ready to taper and that he's feeling OK and can get back to putting on some weight and feeling better.

Oh my...  I am so sorry . Please tell Luig we care about him a great deal and wish him the best . I hope he keeps us posted some how . Will worry about him... Thanks for letting us know .

I was always worried about him . I guess its better he gets some balance in his brain and then possibly work towards another attempt at healing . Let him know that whatever it takes "for him" is the CORRECT answer..... there is no wrong way, its his way . It has to work "for him".....Please keep us posted and thank you !

Orion thanks for updating us....please tell Luig I wish him the very best...I've been thinking and worrying about him. I hope he finds stability and feels better very soon...I'll miss him very much  :smitten:

this really hurts to see luigi in the hospital :( it really hurt me when luigi mentioned he was having seizures . i really hope the seizures didnt cause any pernament damage and i hope they cease .

even though i quit xanax 2 months ago i dont want to leave anytime soon even when im completely healed i want to motivate other people its very do-able in quitting your benzo and to reach out to those who need advice

Please tell Luigi I'm praying for him.  I also floxed myself about the same time off with an amino acid supplement drink.  I thought I would go crazy for about a week, but then it passed.  I also got overstimulated from Gingko one time when I took a small bit of it.  It made me hyper.  It will pass.  Tell him to come back here anytime for support. 

Please give him my best wishes. Tell him it was easy to see his lovely nature behind the black and white words, what a great kid, we'll all miss him! So sorry he had such a crappy setback, but once he's over the hump, I'm sure he'll just get right back up and kick butt again!

:smitten:

Wow :(... Thank you for the update. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers for a fast recovery. I'll also miss his sense of humor around the boards.

[6a...]

Wow :(... Thank you for the update. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers for a fast recovery. I'll also miss his sense of humor around the boards.

Really keep him in your prayers. :( He went to the psych ward today. The ativan stopped working and his doctor cut him off. Couldn't see a doctor until January. I can't believe that 1/8th of a pill did this to him. :( There should be a warning note on the ginkgo thread. Oi.

Really keep him in your prayers. :( He went to the psych ward today. The ativan stopped working and his doctor cut him off. Couldn't see a doctor until January. I can't believe that 1/8th of a pill did this to him. :( There should be a warning note on the ginkgo thread. Oi.

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that... He's a strong and brave person. Praying he finds relief soon.

So sorry! Praying he stabilizes and gets some relief soon!  :smitten:

PS - Orion, what does "floxed" mean in his case? I thought that term was peculiar to the fluoroquinolones?

[6a...]

So sorry! Praying he stabilizes and gets some relief soon!  :smitten:

PS - Orion, what does "floxed" mean in his case? I thought that term was peculiar to the fluoroquinolones?

It means the same thing. The neurologist he spoke to said it was the same thing as taking a fluoroquinolone in his case. Terrible :(

I agree , there should be a warning note.

[6a...]

I agree , there should be a warning note.

The science behind it makes sense. But, we don't know what screws over some people and doesn't for others. :( Should definitely be a warning to tryat your own risk.