Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Holiday recipes/homemade gift ideas

[67...]

[67...]

Hi guys,

I wanted to share this toffee recipe.....I made this last year and put it in cellophane bags with ribbons and gave it as gifts.... it was a HUGE hit.  This stuff is so good, it's really hard to stop eating it!

http://www.theyummylife.com/Toffee

Does anyone else have any great recipes/homemade gift ideas?

[e6...]

I've always thought it would be fun to make scented soaps with essential oils....I wonder how hard it is?

Depends on how you make it. If you make it the real way, its not too hard, but you have to have your percentages right. If you look into soap making you will see what I mean. And you can make some really cool soaps with essential oils!

Margarita soap is like....heavenly omg. But its a good craft idea. And you can wrap them up in old newspaper with a bit of role string. Great for guests and passing out as needed. :)

[e6...]

Orion, I love the soap idea, and that does sound heavenly.....you've got me very tempted to try doing this.  I found this recipe:

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/education/recipes/margarita-lime-soap-loaf.aspx

Yesssss!!!! :) You can get really creative and add glitter and other things too! Just make sure you follow the instructions very carefully.

You can even try making your own shampoo while you are at it and create little bathroom kits. I love finding old bottles in thrift stores and polishing them up and filling them with homemade shampoo. Its really fun when you get into it.

....and here's my little secret...once you learn how to make soap and see how cheap it is once you have everything.. It saves you a fair bit of cash at the end of each month. :)

[67...]
Thank you for the great ideas! :)  I've always thought of having a shop on Etsy, maybe this would be a start, now I'm kind of excited to try it!

[e6...]

Thank you for the great ideas! :)  I've always thought of having a shop on Etsy, maybe this would be a start, now I'm kind of excited to try it!

Good way to make some extra cash! :)

i made peanut butter chocolate balls one Christmas.

its kind of messy but they were delicious.

i put them in cute boxes w red paper.

the messy part is dipping them in chocolate

id like to make soap ive got Aloe Vera growing out in yard. :)

Oh....those sound goood Gardenia....kinda like Reese's cups.

Theyre alot better:)

they had rice krispies in them. i used really good natural peanut butter.

one lady i know makes truffles w fancy liquore in them.

puts them in fancy boxes etc

i thought that was a good one too.