Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What is your favorite kind of car?Old or Newer ones!

[Fr...]

I saw a movie last night Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher it was heartbreaking how he DESTROYED a beautifull classic Chevy Chevelle in there during a persuit !

I saw a movie last night Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher it was heartbreaking how he DESTROYED a beautifull classic Chevy Chevelle in there during a persuit !

I know how you feel Katie. I always hate to see them destroy old classic cars. In the movie "The Next Karate Kid" They destroy this beautiful Red Olds 442.  >:( I'm pretty laid back, but when I saw that, i wanted to perform some martial arts on the writer.  >:D:D:laugh:

i almost forgot to say that chevelle in that movie was a SS chevelle with a manual trans i was like WOW that car has alot of power with the SS chevelle having a 454 under the hood !!

i almost forgot to say that chevelle in that movie was a SS chevelle with a manual trans i was like WOW that car has alot of power with the SS chevelle having a 454 under the hood !!

Yep, a 454 big block had some nice torque and horsepower. Chevelle also had a big block 396ci which was quite quick and lightweight. Major balls :thumbsup:

Yep, a 454 big block had some nice torque and horsepower. Chevelle also had a big block 396ci which was quite quick and lightweight. Major balls :thumbsup:

In effect it's exactly the same weight give or take 5 pounds or so, same engine family, different internals (crank and bore).

The base SS 454 only had 10 horsepower more than the base SS 396 ,360 vs 350 hp. ;)

Nice cars.  :thumbsup:

The '70 Chevelle LS6 had 450 hp. The 454ci was introduced in 1970

Yep, that's right.

There was a 360hp hydraulic lifter ovalport cylinder head 454 engine .

The 454/450 hp engine was very finicky and took a lot of maintenance to keep it running properly because of 11.00 to 1 compression ratio and solid lifter camshaft.

The 360 horse was almost as fast and a lot less hassle.

that could add alot more power to that chevelle if it had a holley or edelbrock 4bbl carburator . sadly carburtors were replaced with fuel injection around 30 years ago

I had a '69 SS Camaro 396/375 L78. Was a good motor and strong.

Raced it few times, ran a 12.6 @ 110. Not bad for the late 80's

Now, not so impressive.

Been a muscle car junkie my whole life it seems. I knew I was hooked the day my older brother came home with a 70 Road Runner 383

Now, not so impressive.

Been a muscle car junkie my whole life it seems. I knew I was hooked the day my older brother came home with a 70 Road Runner 383

Sounds good.  Did you sell it?

Do you still race? Addictive, isn't it? But in a good way!  ;)

My RM had a 69 Hemi Road Runner. Nice cars those.

Now, not so impressive.

Sounds good.  Did you sell it?

Do you still race? Addictive, isn't it? But in a good way!  ;)

My RM had a 69 Hemi Road Runner. Nice cars those.

Yes I sold it way back in '93, the muscle car market at that time was horrid unfortunately.

It was a #'s car that came factory with the 396/375 4 speed.

Yes, still race on occasion I have 2 cars I've had to the track recently. A street/strip '71 GS Buick and a '87 Buick Turbo T (same drive line as the Grand National)

Yes, a Buick guy now but really have an appreciation for all muscle and classic cars really. That Road Runner with the hemi would be worth a fortune as I'm sure you know

I love my Ford Explorer. It's a must who lives in a snow belt.

Years back I had a 99 Explorer Sport.  I put some Dunlop AT tires on it and it was a beast in the winter.  If a plow blocked my driveway after a huge snowfall I just drove over the the pile of snow.  No shoveling required.  :laugh: