Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Halloween is for extroverts

[44...]

[44...]
It's trick-or-treat night here, and I'm feeling anxious, as usual, about random people coming up to my house door at random intervals all night.  I'm home alone and I don't feel like dealing with it.  I don't mind opening the door if it's little kids, but even then, it's only better in the sense that I feel safer about it --I still don't want to be bothered, in any case.

I sooo know what you mean!  The only reason i sort of enjoy Halloween is because of my kids.  It's fun to dress them up.  But before i had kids i hated the whole thing, never wanted to open my door.

You don't have to!  They will still get plenty of candy  :laugh:

[44...]

I'm glad I'm not alone, TINF.  If I had kids, I'm sure I would enjoy it too -- I was just thinking that earlier.  But yea, I might not open.

I'm going to have to find cover for my living room windows soon (blinds are broken on the bottoms) so that people can't see in -- cuz figures, my computer & workstation, AND the front door, are all right in here and anyone can see in if they are close to the house; I feel like a paranoid case lol.

I like that abbreviation, TINF lol!

My kids are 9, 12 and 13.  Young enough to still have some influence on their costume choices, though it's getting harder the older they get!  Shockingly, they have their own opinions.

I wanted them to do a Frozen theme.  My two daughters 12 and 13) could have been Anna and Elsa, my son Olaf.  No chance  :-\.  But we compromised on a cat, nerd and headless horseman. 

[44...]

oh, that would have been a cute trio :)  But the costumes they picked sound fun too.  Now I have Weird Al's, "White & Nerdy" stuck in my head!

Well I hope everyone has fun!

Hi Tor,

Most of the people that come by my house on halloween is people i know usually the trick or treaters is heavy in neihborhoods here where theres smaller yards and all the houses look the same , i bought halloween candy i like because some years not many kids come by and IM STUCK with cheap candy that isnt very good . sorry i got offtopic here you can just do this , have your front porch light off or write in big letters on a piece of paper and place it on your front door  " NO CANDY SORRY "

my halloween in 2013 went ok i went out for awhile, in 2012 i felt bad all that year so i didnt do too much.

this reminded me last year the day after halloween i went to see my nephew he was being very generous offering me some of his candy he got , he says " katie you can have this one , he handed me one of those yucky strawberry candys that has dots on them that are really gross, i said to him ," how about that bubble gum over there" then my nephew doesnt get the gum he hands out another one of those yucky candys that had a black paper wrappper lol

you'll be ok, just do that with the papper sign on the door you wont get anyone knocking or turn of your porch light thats telling people you dont want them to come to your door

hope this helps you tor,

happy halloween !!!

katie

Oh my God....

i forgot that today is the day for the kids at our building......

i have to go ASAP to the market to get some candies.....

thanks for the reminder......

:smitten:

[d8...]
I was taking a long walk and enjoying the gorgeous fall leaves and all the Halloween decorations and it made me remember the days when my son was little and how much fun I had with him.  I love to sew and I used to make him beautiful costumes.  One year he was a knight, another year a pirate.  After Halloween he and his friends used to put their costumes on and play outside, they were really into medieval stuff and he had a whole arsenal of plastic swords and weapons, lol.  He won the costume contest at the Cub Scout's party.  We had a big porch and  I used to decorate it and put pumpkins, ghosts, witches, spiders, etc...he's almost 21 now but I miss those days.

i always remmber my halloween when i was 3 years old i was the cookie monster haha i opened the costume early i dont know why i did this i think the mask scared me so i shredded it to pieces !! lol so on halloween i only had this paper vest thing for the cookie monster costume , no mask i dont know why my mom did this i wore these eye covers from the lone ranger with the cookie monster vest  haha

[44...]

I was taking a long walk and enjoying the gorgeous fall leaves and all the Halloween decorations and it made me remember the days when my son was little and how much fun I had with him.  I love to sew and I used to make him beautiful costumes.  One year he was a knight, another year a pirate.  After Halloween he and his friends used to put their costumes on and play outside, they were really into medieval stuff and he had a whole arsenal of plastic swords and weapons, lol.  He won the costume contest at the Cub Scout's party.  We had a big porch and  I used to decorate it and put pumpkins, ghosts, witches, spiders, etc...he's almost 21 now but I miss those days.

That's really cool, Jc. I woukd like to learn some basic sewing So that when I have kids,  I can do that too. My mom always bought my costumes, so I was stuck picking whatever corporate characters were popular lol. I'm sure your son appreciated it and I hope he'll pass the tradition on!

[d8...]
Yeah, I was one of 8 kids so my mom always took an old sheet and cut a couple holes out for eyes and threw it over my head.....I'd be tripping over it all night, ha ha.