Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What country ?

[ma...]

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [gi...]

• [ma...]

• [be...]

I'm originally from the US (NY State) but I live in Japan.

That's so cool charnelsan, good to see you again.  I'm originally from Poland, but I live in the US.

I'm originally from the US (NY State) but I live in Japan.

That's so cool charnelsan, good to see you again.  I'm originally from Poland, but I live in the US.

Thanks, Ginger. Where in Poland?  I was there once for work but only in Warsaw. Loved the food!

Thanks, Ginger. Where in Poland?  I was there once for work but only in Warsaw. Loved the food!

Right outside of Warsaw, 60 miles north, in a city called Ciechanow.  Polish food is very good.

I have a channel here on TV that's from Japan.  I really like watching it.  It would nice to live in Japan.  The people there are so polite and refined, with no vulgarity and indecent behavior like here in this country. 

I have a channel here on TV that's from Japan.  I really like watching it.  It would nice to live in Japan.  The people there are so polite and refined, with no vulgarity and indecent behavior like here in this country.

:thumbsup:  I've always wanted to visit Japan.

:thumbsup:  I've always wanted to visit Japan.

You have an open invitation!  :)

I live out in the Japanese countryside where it's even more calm and peaceful than in the cities. Japan has its problems, but overall things are pretty good. I've been living here a long time and enjoy it a lot, but I still miss certain aspects of the US. I try to get back at least once a year to visit family, but going through benzo withdrawal has made long trips like that much more challenging.

charnelsan, are you Japanese?  I had a computer guy at a job I worked at who was from Japan and he was a superb person.  Worked hard and was so nice to everyone and everyone liked him.  He never gossiped or got involved in lower level nonsense.

charnelsan, are you Japanese?  I had a computer guy at a job I worked at who was from Japan and he was a superb person.  Worked hard and was so nice to everyone and everyone liked him.  He never gossiped or got involved in lower level nonsense.

Hi Becks! I'm an American  -- originally from Western New York, State. I married a Japanese woman quite a long time ago and have two sons who are now adults. I've been here in Japan a long time.

• 2 months later...

I have a great respect for Japanese culture.  They have a deep sense of honor and integrity.  It's expressed in everything they do.  You see it in their restaurants and factories, on the streets and back alleys, in the countryside, in their temples and in their homes.  Everywhere.

I have a great respect for Japanese culture.  They have a deep sense of honor and integrity.  It's expressed in everything they do.  You see it in their restaurants and factories, on the streets and back alleys, in the countryside, in their temples and in their homes.  Everywhere.

I couldn’t agree more with you both. I think one of the reasons Japanese are like this is because they value spiritual things more than material ones.

I couldn’t agree more with you both. I think one of the reasons Japanese are like this is because they value spiritual things more than material ones.

They live their spiritual life.....

They live their spiritual life.....

Yes. Agree. Always felt this way, always.

The Japanese know how to live decent lives with little stress.  They know how to watch their words, etc. 

• 1 month later...
Japanese society is paradoxal Because on one hand you have This calmness culture, and on another hand its a Very special culture with lot of rules and strict social behaviours especially at work that can be extremely stressful.