Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Shooting in Ottawa

[14...]

[14...]

What a crazy, crazy day to be in benzo withdrawal. Being in acute, I'm still hypersensitive to any stress. I logged into Facebook and saw that a shooting had occurred at the War Memorial in Ottawa, where I live. I thought this was terrible, but learned that the shooter had ran to Parliament and opened fire. I started following the situation and learned that there was more than one shooter and there were shots fired in many different key locations around Ottawa.

And my partner works in Government! Thankfully he was OK, but I'm saddened to hear about the death of the 24 year old Cpl that died at the memorial. :( My thoughts go out to his family.

My friend was also in the middle of all the shootings and under lockdown in the city core. Thankfully he was evacuated safely. I knew it was strange when I heard helicopters and sirens this morning. And lots of them too!

What's really scary is being only a few blocks away from the entire scene and not being able to leave the home. I really hope this clears up soon, the agoraphobia is kinda killer. :(

It's pretty understandable that you feel shaken up, I'm sure we all do.

I've never visited our nation's capital but would like to. I read about the feral cats of Parliament Hill and the amazing man who cares for them.

So when the drama was playing out my thoughts went to the cats and I worried for their safety too. Strange what the mind comes up with huh?

They said the soldier who was killed was very involved with animal rescue. My heart goes out to his family and friends, and to all of us.

This is a sad day for Canada.

I'm glad you and your partner are safe.

Chinook :'(

[14...]

It's pretty understandable that you feel shaken up, I'm sure we all do.

I've never visited our nation's capital but would like to. I read about the feral cats of Parliament Hill and the amazing man who cares for them.

So when the drama was playing out my thoughts went to the cats and I worried for their safety too. Strange what the mind comes up with huh?

They said the soldier who was killed was very involved with animal rescue. My heart goes out to his family and friends, and to all of us.

This is a sad day for Canada.

I'm glad you and your partner are safe.

Chinook :'(

Thanks! And yes. Very sad for Canada indeed. :( The feral cats were quite awesome. But sadly they are now gone. ;( They were removed. They were taken care of though. Quite well! And Ottawa is a verrrry pretty city. Not much of a commercial or cultural hub...but pretty lol.

Where did they move them to? Did they rehome them?

Aw gee, I would have loved to have seen them.

Oh well I'd still like to visit in Springtime and see all the tulips. What a pity to live in this great country of ours and not see Ottawa.

Thanks Orion and have a good sleep tonight.

Chinook :)