Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Beer

[8a...]

[8a...]

I hope this isn't totally innapropriate -- I have a feeling it may mildly so, in the sense that I know many people want to avoid alcohol right now.  But I'm just curious, if you drank before your taper, what was your favorite beer and beer style?

I like dark stouts, myself.  My favorite so far is a beer that comes from Sri Lanka, called "Lion." 8.9% ABV stout, has strong coffee and chocolate undertones without the bitter bite of many other dark beers.

Mackesson XXX is also nice, and of course Hoeffbrau (most of all the Duenkel!!!!)  <-- Actually, I had a Duenkel just now.  That's probably why I'm posting this.

:D

its been 980 days since i last  had a good beer drinking session. even though beer is the reason why i took xanax 30 months i still want to drink in moderation again,

in the past my favorite beer was Budweiser i actually started liking that beer by accident  one time i asked my mom to get some budlight for me she came back with budweiser , i was like aghh screw it ill drink it anyways i was like wow this is some good stuf that budweiser  beer buzz  hit me alot better  than with  budlight beer buzzes had before this.  i drank busch occasioanlly since it was cheaper like $19 for a 30 pack , cheap beer tastes the same as good beer to me after the 2nd 12oz can  i think ill be able to drink again by 2016, since i quit taking xanax 5 weeks ago  ill just do it in moderation like just a 6pack or 2 40s

[8a...]

@[ba...]

Hi Katie  :)

If bud is your favorite beer, try out Abita Amber. It's very crisp and refreshing (that is, for if/when in the future you go out for beer again.) It's a Louisiana import, so you may be able to find it pretty easily where you are, compared to where I am up north.

I WOULD LIKE A

SHOCK TOP OR SHINER BOCK (BLONDE) DRESSED....PLEASE AND THANK YOU :)

FLUTER :thumbsup:

P.S. IT'S FIVE OCLOCK SOMEWHERE...CAN I HAVE ONE NOW :)

Viking Gold from Iceland - 5.6% alc

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/be/VikingBeer.jpg

HOLY HECTIRATION,

THAT'S ONE BIG BEE...PAPERBOAT ;)

FLUTER :smitten:

I know.  They aren't playing around!  It's only sold in 20 ounce.  All their beers are only sold in 20 ounce.

WHAT!

DO THEY WANT THE ALCOHOL TO HELP KEEP YA WARM...LOL?

DANG...I'D BE PUKING IF I DRANK ON OF THOSE BEERS  ;D

FLUTER :smitten:

[8a...]

Has anyone here actually tried the Viking beer from Iceland?  I haven't.

Iceland has another beer that apparently they smoke with sheep poop ( don't remember how I originally found that, but a link about it is here: http://www.masslive.com/drinks/2014/07/beer_nut_icelandic_brewery_not.html) I think I'll leave that one alone. I might try to import some Viking, though, one day.

*sigh* i miss old  things i cant do anymore :(  i remember 3 years ago i went to a halloween party that had a keg mmm it was really smooth that draft beer. hopefully in a year or so i can enjoy drinking  again in moderation .  when i start again ill switch to budlight that has less alcohol content than budweiser

[8a...]
Adding Duclaws "Sweet Baby Jesus, chocolate peanut butter porter" to the list of beer to try. 6.5% ABV, strong  flavor.but smells more amazing than it tastes, but still pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...
I plan to drink lightly again in mid 2015 or early 2016 i'll be listenin to the same classic rock music i listened to when i drank before early 2012

[8a...]

I plan to drink lightly again in mid 2015 or early 2016 i'll be listenin to the same classic rock music i listened to when i drank before early 2012

Woohoo. What classic rock do you listen to?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Youtube commercials are annoying i keep getting a Beer commercial thats in spanish im like wtf i  know some spanish i just dont like beer from down there it doesnt taste good to me and its too Pricey $$