Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Kirk or Picard?

[0f...]

Unfair comparison...like Roy Rogers or Clint Eastwood... :idiot:

Having said that, Shattner is an arrogant sort of unrefined nature, Picard is arrogance refined...

So, my choice is...

Yes Data slept with Tasha, and he also had really kinky BDSM experience with the head of the Borg (in one of the next generation movies). It was pretty ridiculous.

I like data, and TNG overall, but I really miss Spock!

I wasn't crazy about either Kirk (too macho) or Picard (too theactrical).  However, I did have a crush on Mr. Spock..... :smitten:

That's illogical megan  :laugh:

:D:laugh: :laugh: He sure was Birdie...He sure was  :laugh:

Boys can be sluts too  :laugh:

Ya, I know. I used to be one. :laugh:

snowy!  Your as bad as James Bond and Kirk all in one package  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::D :D

Package? Ummmm I prefer to keep that separate from other dudes. ;D

So,...well...DOES a starship even HAVE a poopdeck? >: :laugh: all things in moderation, I may have crossed over...

Copout? Hardly.

In Kirk's day, the Federation was a great deal smaller.  A hundred years can make a huge difference. In Kirk's day there were quite a few empty areas of no law or oversight.

The captain of the ship has to insure that not only is the mission achieved, but also that as much of the ship and crew is kept intact. Both of which are incredibly difficult to replace.  Kirk dealt a lot with frontier issues.

Now Picard- on the other hand, grew up in a Federation that had more territory, and more allies, and of course more enemies. He had a much bigger ship to handle, and years more experience. After all Kirk was supposed to be the youngest officer to get command of a ship.  But unlike the Nu-trek, he worked his way up the chain of command instead of getting the ship handed to him.

There was a gap of several years between the time Picard gave up the Stargazer and the time he gained command of the Enterprise- D.  I cannot wonder what he was doing then.  Picard was more mainstream. He seldom had to 'go where no one has gone before', but when he did...

Kirk may have been a slut, but he also fell in love, and did his duty anyways. The Enterprise was his main love. In short- his was a tragic character.  Picard- more of a slut- he loved the enterprise- I'm sure; both of them, but nonetheless I'm given the impression that his love for the Enterprise couldn't shine a candle to Kirk's.