Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Kirk or Picard?

[56...]

[56...]

I like Picard better overall, as an actor and also as a captain; he's more forceful when dealing with hostiles. He's also more dynamic (intelligent, has literary interests, can be a calming presence when needed, etc).

However, something I do like about Kirk is that he always goes into the action with his crew....a criticism I have of Picard is that so often it's really commander reicher calling the shots, and executing them, while Picard sits in the chair and OKs things.

Here here, jean luke is awesome. couldn't have worded it better myself.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21900000/Jean-Luc-Picard-jean-luc-picard-21977752-694-530.jpg

'Redirect 80% power to the forward shields!'

I'm a huge sci fi fan too.  I like Kirk because he was raw.  He went with his gut and was a bit of a hothead.  I also liked he was a womanizer and slept with the green woman.  How could you not like a man who slept with a green woman. 

Picard would be a more realistic captain in an organized unit. What capt would risk themselves time and again.  Number 1 was the Kirk on the next generation.

This is true, I can relate to both personalities. Reserved vs Impulsive. and riker is like kirk in alot of ways. haha this makes me wanna get out the disc set  :laugh:

I think Picard is great. I just had so much trouble watching tng.  this was the first spinoff  series and all I had to compare it to was the original.  Data and Wesley really annoyed me. No...I hated Wesley. Lol.  I wish he would have been sucked out of an airlock. 

I did like Voyager better than TNG

I think Picard is great. I just had so much trouble watching tng.  this was the first spinoff  series and all I had to compare it to was the original.  Data and Wesley really annoyed me. No...I hated Wesley. Lol.  I wish he would have been sucked out of an airlock. 

I did like Voyager better than TNG

I always wanted to see Data have sex. Wonder if the woman would really get a jolt...

[56...]

Yes Data slept with Tasha, and he also had really kinky BDSM experience with the head of the Borg (in one of the next generation movies). It was pretty ridiculous.

I like data, and TNG overall, but I really miss Spock!

Yes Data slept with Tasha, and he also had really kinky BDSM experience with the head of the Borg (in one of the next generation movies). It was pretty ridiculous.

I wasn't crazy about either Kirk (too macho) or Picard (too theactrical).  However, I did have a crush on Mr. Spock..... :smitten:

I wasn't crazy about either Kirk (too macho) or Picard (too theactrical).  However, I did have a crush on Mr. Spock..... :smitten:

Agreed Spock is rather handsome with that jet black hair and the pointy ears. Albeit, I've always had a thing for elves as well..

http://www.thefrisky.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/03/spock-dating-580x435.jpg

I was a big fan of the original series when I was a kid growing up.  I didn't like the idea of an all new crew when the Next Generation was first broadcast so I ignored it.  Over the past few years my kids have become fans of TNG, and I've gotten hooked on it as well  :o .  I've grown to appreciate Picard's more intellectual approach rather than swashbuckling and shooting from the hip, like Captain Kirk (though that can be fun sometimes too  ;D ).  I think TNG has better stories lines and the characters are more well-developed than the original series as well.  But maybe that's just me  ::)

I just watched my favorite TNG episode yesterday called The Inner Light (it can be found online here if you've got 45 minutes to kill).  For me it is Picard at his intellectual, soul-searching best  :thumbsup:

Optimist

[56...]

One can never forget, though, when Kirk fought that giant liazard man.

Now that's a brave captain, would Picard do this?  I am not sure, I'm not sure...  ???

One can never forget, though, when Kirk fought that giant liazard man.

Now that's a brave captain, would Picard do this?  I am not sure, I'm not sure...  ???

Here is the answer:

Ah, the wonders of the internet.... :P

Optimist

• 1 month later...