Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Bored, insomnia

[d9...]

[d9...]

I don't have anything important to say.  I'm just really bored, burnt-out from doing much productive, and sorta wanting human interaction, so I'm here.  Is anyone else bored? It's 2:12am EST; I'll probably be up another hour.  Post anything.

I've been working on something, but I need a break from it.

-Tor

I don't have anything important to say.  I'm just really bored, burnt-out from doing much productive, and sorta wanting human interaction, so I'm here.  Is anyone else bored? It's 2:12am EST; I'll probably be up another hour.  Post anything.

I've been working on something, but I need a break from it.

-Tor

ANYTHING.. :laugh: I'll be up for hours. And yes, I'm bored stiff. That's why I am here Tor.

[d9...]

I'm high on weed right now  :laugh:  It's OK to say it, I think, because it is legal in several states now; mine could be one of them, but I don't want to disclose my state due to forum policies, and general internet privacy.

It does help with my gloominess, and depression, which I often get a particularly bad case of during reduction of my benzo dose.

I wouldn't blindly recommend it to anyone for benzo WD -- there's too many variables to make blanket statements, and it would depend on the person as well as the symptoms that they wanted most to alleviate.  I myself am mixed -- it's good for my sense of focus, energy, and mood uplifting (not in a euphoria way, but rather to more of a "normal," not-depressed state.)  It does, however, aggravate my depersonalization.  So, if you're reading this and are someone who is considering legal marijuana for the first time, I would recommend careful thought and introspection to decide, but it is worth looking into.

Anyone have ideas about this topic that they want to share?  Or any other topic?

[d9...]

I've posted this song before on a music-themed thread, but I'll post it again here for anyone that wasn't on that thread.  It's a song called "Elle" by a Sami singer, Mari Boine:

It is in the language of the Sami people.

If you stop and experience this song -- really experience it moment by moment-- you cannot be in a state of stress, anger, or panic  :).  If you are a DP/DR person, maybe you can experience this (and other music) more wave-like, as I'll call it.  If so, it may be pleasing to you, a hidden gem of DR that is like a synesthesia that perhaps many others can never experience.

Info about Sami culture:  The Sami people are those indigenous to the northern borders of Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Russia.  They are white, but not of the same bloodline of general Eurpeans, or so has been disputed. The Sami only recently, I believe, got recognized as an ethnic, indigenous people, and I don't think in every country they did.

From my first readings of them, my understanding is that they live very in tune with nature, specifically the nature of the subarctic.  In fact, I've read somewhere that the word, "tundra" is actually a Sami word, one of many for snow etc.  They follow the reindeer herds, and live nomadic hunter-gather lives (until perhaps the 20th century, especially as expansion in modern Scandanavia is cutting into their forests and changing the reindeer herd paths.)  Sami-inhabited areas are known as "Lappland," although Lapp is considered a derogatory term, which I read means something like, "cloth" or "patch" and refers to something like poverty.

It is interesting to learn more about their culture.

The Sami language is in a different linguistic class than our Indo-European English, German, Swedish, etc, and so aside from being foreign words, it has a flow to it that is foreign to us. 

I do not speak any of this language (yet?)