Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Fleetwood Mac concert review

[be...]

Well, this was well worth the ridiculous price I paid for the tickets and even more. The concert was to begin at 8 p.m, and they showed up at 8:02, so any future concert goers must get there early, because it's a madhouse. And if you are sound sensitive then I suggest you wear ear plugs or not go at all.

The performance was unbelievably great. If you have their first two CDs, then you saw the 75% of the concert via audio. They also played songs from Tusk, Mirage and Tango in the Night. Not so surprisingly, there were Army personnel guarding Penn Station, which is right underneath the concert floor, plus many police. I got wanded twice, and had to empty my purse three times. Stevie's voice was more harsh when compared to her earlier "floating" days. She went from dreamy to vindictive. It was very clear that Buckingham was again ruler of the roost, with Stevie neck and neck. He appeared to be an angry man. His voice also was rough and a few times he yelled his songs, rather than singing them. At times he crouched on his legs, hopping all over the stage, playing and singing. The opening number was The Chain, followed in very quick succession with other songs. They talked a lot to the audience. Stevie gave a great tribute to Christine. No breaks at all. What I found a bit odd was that about 50% of the concert goers were in their 20s. I asked a few of them why they were seeing such an old band, and they replied that their mothers played FM songs throughout their childhood, and thus became fans as well. FM follows the generations.

The only two reasons I went was because I wanted to see Christine, and wanted to hear Stevie sing my very favorite song, Silver Springs. But it was true sadness that the band only allowed Christine to sing four songs during the 2:45 minute show. It was shameful and very disappointing. She only sang, Say You Love Me, Don't Stop, Over My head and Songbird. Like the other band members,  McVie's singing had roughened, but was still hearty. When Christine called up Stevie and ask her to rejoin the band, Stevie replied (In the New York Times) you better see a trainer, because the show is very physical. The music was LOUD, and I love loud bands. If you are short, then expect to watch the show via the monitors, as everyone stood the entire time. Plus, many hands held up high to take pictures from their cell phones.

Two weird things happened, at least to me. There was some sort of magnifying projector that was aimed at the stage, not a blow up from the TV monitors. They picked out a particular artist and he/she looked like they were 12 feet tall and standing about 10 feet in front of you. They looked so real, as they actually were. But, they did not do it for all songs.

When they finished the concert after two hours, Silver Springs had not been sung. I was very disappointed. Then they did a 45 minute encore and the very last song they played was Silver Springs. Another strange thing. The concert was held at MSG in New York, where the basketball team, the Knicks, has played for many years. Me and my brother kept smelling skunk fumes, and we had floor seats. Every time I reached down to the floor to get my water bottle, the stink was worse.

When we got back to our car, the stink filled the car. We soon realized that all of the Knicks constant sweat over the years had become embedded in the floor. If anyone has watched Seinfeld, then you can laugh at this. We started smelling our bodies and we both had a bad case of BO. It was from the Kicks sweat that was clinging to our bodies. The entire car was engulfed in it. Just like when Seinfeld had a valet park his new car, and he couldn't get rid of the valet's BO, so he had to get rid of the car, because everyone refused to sit in it.

There was also a long solo of Mick with his drums, at the beginning of Go Your Own Way. And in the close up shots of Stevie, it was clear that she didn't look 66 at all, but much younger. To her millions of fans, she will forever remain dazzling, vunerable and unforgettable. If you read the recent Rolling Stone article on Stevie entitled, Stevie on Twirling, Kicking Drugs and a Life Time With Lindsey, and the following chat room discussion where people referred to the title of the article as twerking, instead of twirling, well, she did neither of these things. They were all dressed in black from head to toe, except for Mick, who wore white. Too bad the tickets were so expensive, but I would have paid even more to see this terrific show. This was my 5th time seeing them, and can't wait for a 6th time. I guess you could call me a FM Dead Head. RIP Jerry Garcia. Bets

Me and my brother kept smelling skunk fumes...

I thought we were going to hear about some killer skunk bud you scored, not BO  :sick:

Glad you enjoyed the show.

I Love the song "Landslide". I'm sure they sang it. For me MSG is a great venue as I live in one of the boris and it is easy to get back and forth on the Long Island Railroad. About a 20 minute ride.

I Love the song "Landslide". I'm sure they sang it. For me MSG is a great venue as I live in one of the boris and it is easy to get back and forth on the Long Island Railroad. About a 20 minute ride.

Yea, she did sing Landslide, as it too is one of my favorite songs. And she said it was hers too. She dedicated it to "a buddy and great pal of mine," but the crowd was so loud that I didn't hear who she mentioned. But the person nearby me said she dedicated to that talentless Hollywood moron Lindsay Lohan, who takes enough drugs to put a moose out cold. I would have hopped the LI double R in a nanosecond. I use Metro North.

[8d...]

Great review, you should be a journalist!  I saw them on Today show this morning, I can't believe Stevie Nicks is 66, she does not look it.

Jc

Great review, you should be a journalist!  I saw them on Today show this morning, I can't believe Stevie Nicks is 66, she does not look it.

Jc

Jc:

I AM a professional journalist!!! LOL!

Jc

BG,

I'M SUPER HAPPY THAT YOU HAD SUCH A GOOD TIME AND WHAT A GREAT EXPERIENCE....LANDSLIDE IS MY FAV. I GUESS SHES TRYING TO MAKE A POINT IF SHE DEDICATED IT TO LINDSAY?  EVERYONE KNOWS IF THIS YOUNG LADY DOSEN'T GET HER ACT TOGETHER....HER LAND/LIFE WILL SLIDE....JUST LIKE STEVIE'S DID ALL THOSE YEARS AGO.

THIS IS MY FAVORITE VERSION OF LANDSLIDE...WHEN SHE DEDICATES IT TO HER DAD :smitten:

STEVIE NICK (I LOVE THE WAY BUCKINHAM LOOKS AT HER) :smitten:

"LANDSLIDE"

AND YOUR FAV

"SILVER SPRINGS"

http://youtu.be/9PRaFoqQos4

DANG IT...YOU START LISTENING TO THEM, AND BOY DOES IT BRING BACK MEMORIES AND TAKE YOU BACK TO DAYS GONE BYE. BITTER SWEET...REALLY!!!!!

JC,

I ALSO SAW THEM ON THE TODAY SHOW...WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT THEIR SINGING?  I THOUGHT IT WAS RATHER HARSH...AND I ATTRIBUTED IT TO EARLY MORNING VOICES :) I DID NOT REMEMBER CHRISTINE'S VOICE BEING SO DEEEEEP?

I HAD "NO" IDEA STEVIE WAS 66 (DANG) I HOPE I CAN LOOK THAT GOOD AT THAT AGE.  I GUESS IF WE KEEP ON ROCKIN AND KEEP A YOUTHFUL OUTLOOK...WE MAY HAVE A CHANCE.  IT CERTAINLY CAN'T HURT :thumbsup:

PEACE, HAPPINESS, & ROCK,

FB :smitten:

[8d...]

flutterbyee.

[quoteI ALSO SAW THEM ON THE TODAY SHOW...WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT THEIR SINGING?  I THOUGHT IT WAS RATHER HARSH...AND I ATTRIBUTED IT TO EARLY MORNING VOICES :) I DID NOT REMEMBER CHRISTINE'S VOICE BEING SO DEEEEEP?

I HAD "NO" IDEA STEVIE WAS 66 (DANG) I HOPE I CAN LOOK THAT GOOD AT THAT AGE.  I GUESS IF WE KEEP ON ROCKIN AND KEEP A YOUTHFUL OUTLOOK...WE MAY HAVE A CHANCE.  IT CERTAINLY CAN'T HURT]

I agree with you on how they sounded.  I think it's amazing that Stevie Nicks has overcome her cocaine addiction plus survived klonopin withdrawal and can still get out there and perform and look great at her age!

That is so cool benzo girl. My daughter just graduated with a degree in photo journalism. You do indeed write beautifully

Jazzy:

TY

Me and my brother kept smelling skunk fumes...

I thought we were going to hear about some killer skunk bud you scored, not BO  :sick:

Glad you enjoyed the show.

Oh my. There were lots of buds scored there alright. I guess the audience didn't want to risk giving Stevie a sample.  :laugh:

Jc

BG,

I'M SUPER HAPPY THAT YOU HAD SUCH A GOOD TIME AND WHAT A GREAT EXPERIENCE....LANDSLIDE IS MY FAV. I GUESS SHES TRYING TO MAKE A POINT IF SHE DEDICATED IT TO LINDSAY?  EVERYONE KNOWS IF THIS YOUNG LADY DOSEN'T GET HER ACT TOGETHER....HER LAND/LIFE WILL SLIDE....JUST LIKE STEVIE'S DID ALL THOSE YEARS AGO.

THIS IS MY FAVORITE VERSION OF LANDSLIDE...WHEN SHE DEDICATES IT TO HER DAD :smitten:

STEVIE NICK (I LOVE THE WAY BUCKINHAM LOOKS AT HER) :smitten:

"LANDSLIDE"

AND YOUR FAV

"SILVER SPRINGS"

http://youtu.be/9PRaFoqQos4

DANG IT...YOU START LISTENING TO THEM, AND BOY DOES IT BRING BACK MEMORIES AND TAKE YOU BACK TO DAYS GONE BYE. BITTER SWEET...REALLY!!!!!

JC,

I ALSO SAW THEM ON THE TODAY SHOW...WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT THEIR SINGING?  I THOUGHT IT WAS RATHER HARSH...AND I ATTRIBUTED IT TO EARLY MORNING VOICES :) I DID NOT REMEMBER CHRISTINE'S VOICE BEING SO DEEEEEP?

I HAD "NO" IDEA STEVIE WAS 66 (DANG) I HOPE I CAN LOOK THAT GOOD AT THAT AGE.  I GUESS IF WE KEEP ON ROCKIN AND KEEP A YOUTHFUL OUTLOOK...WE MAY HAVE A CHANCE.  IT CERTAINLY CAN'T HURT :thumbsup:

PEACE, HAPPINESS, & ROCK,

FB :smitten:

FB:

I clicked on the YouTube vid of Silver Springs. Now darn it, you got me watching all of their songs, when I should have been running errands. :thumbsup:

Ah - Metro North to MSG .... makes me miss my NYC and Westchester days. Thanks for the image BG.

You should have stayed in Westchester Country. It's so pretty there. I had to commute to IBM Corp HQ in Armonk, from CT.

Yes BG - miss it terribly. Especially when I feel the season move into autumn. I lived at the northwest tip - CT and Putnam border - had horses, the whole 9 yards. If only that hot-shot Upper East Side GP had been a bit more cautious in his choice of medication, I might still be there .... if only.

Yes BG - miss it terribly. Especially when I feel the season move into autumn. I lived at the northwest tip - CT and Putnam border - had horses, the whole 9 yards. If only that hot-shot Upper East Side GP had been a bit more cautious in his choice of medication, I might still be there .... if only.

I can only imagine what an upper east side GP would charge you to become addicted.....I bet you were corralled with a bunch of rich old ladies. Other than cabbies, I suspect the upper east side doesn't permit American cars.

I agree with you on how they sounded.  I think it's amazing that Stevie Nicks has overcome her cocaine addiction plus survived klonopin withdrawal and can still get out there and perform and look great at her age!

I AGREE! I'M SURE AS A WHOLE THEY HAVE ALL OVERCOME MANY THINGS.

THEY ARE ONE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS....CLASSIC MAC!

STILL ROCIN IT IN THEIR 60'S :thumbsup: IT DOESN'T GET MUCH BETTER THAN THAT :smitten:

FLUTER :smitten:

FB:

I clicked on the YouTube vid of Silver Springs. Now darn it, you got me watching all of their songs, when I should have been running errands. :thumbsup:

HA...LOL!

THE SAME DARN THING HAPPENED TO ME TOO!

YA JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THEM :thumbsup:

REALLY HAPPY THAT YOU HAD SUCH A NICE TIME!

HUGS,

FB:

HA...LOL!

THE SAME DARN THING HAPPENED TO ME TOO!

YA JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THEM :thumbsup:

REALLY HAPPY THAT YOU HAD SUCH A NICE TIME!

HUGS,

My pdoc's son is a record producer who can get front row seats to any concerts. I think the next time I see him I was ask for a couple of them. Lots of frequent flyer points. :smitten:

[7c...]
you better call me so i can fly down and go with you betsy... i wish i could have gone to the FWM concert with you .. sounds like you had a good time. :thumbsup:  great review..