Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tablets

[be...]

can anyone recommend a decent tablet? i don't want to spend more than $150. i'd be especially interested in hearing about how well 'music creation' apps (garage band, ect) work/sound. thanks, bjunk.

Depends on what you want it for. If this is for reading, surfing internet and email, etc you can buy an old version of android tablet, likely in your price range. Not sure about sound, but likely would be ok....Just check the specs to your software.

If what you need is graphics and power user, that's another story.

Check newegg.Com. they often run deals. You may find a good refurbished tablet there. I bought a refurbished laptop a couple years ago, and its been great.

hi Tor, thanks for responding. my main use would be making and listening to music, watching movies and reading books. i forgot it would probably have a headphone jack so its speaker quality really wouldn't matter. i think i've zeroed in on this one [nobbc]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-memo-pad-7-tablet-16gb-black/6248059.p?id=1219202966057&skuId=6248059&st=categoryid$pcmcat209000050006&cp=1&lp=10[/nobbc] from what i've read about it so far, it hasn't received one bad review from all the pc magazines and seems to have ample power. but i will check out 'newegg.' thanks again, bjunk.

Edit:  deactivated commercial link

~Juliea

Asus has always been a good brand by me.  16 GB isn't much memory for holding lots of audio and books; you need memory open for basic processing (though maybe 16GB is good for a tablet, I'm not familiar with their progress.)  Even if it is an issue, you can get a USB travel harddrive pretty cheap these days, and just keep your archives on there.  Well I hope you enjoy it, let me know what you get and if it's worth it -- I might be buying one next year too.

Get a used 2nd gen nexus 7. Seriously its one of the best tablets for the money. You can find them used for 150 and under on ebay.

Or you can try a galaxy tab which I believe they have a lower end one around that price.  :thumbsup: That asus is good as well.