Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

9/11 - Remembering

[be...]

i had to drive down to nyc the month prior for my mother's funeral. i remember thinking i was almost glad she passed when she did so she didn't have to see it and live through it. she'd lived there her whole life.

I was in the 8th grade in French Class, and when we heard the news, we turned on the TV. I remember just being in awe of the stupidity of the pilot hitting the World Trade Center (this is what the news was reporting, that it was an accidental thing caused by an American pilot). When the 2nd plane hit, one of my classmates said "Did the TV just say another plane hit?" At that point it sunk in what was really happening. My teacher then turned off the TV and tried to distract us the best she could. Thinking about that gives me chills.

I just finished watching the National News as they honor this day.  It is so hard to believe it has been 13 years.  The impact was felt around the world!

I was driving home from taking my kids to school and heard it on the radio.  My first thought was "What are they talking about"?  I thought they were joking.  It was not until I got home and turned on the TV and saw the planes hit the tower...I became panicked!  I had NO idea what to expect next!

What an awful day! What a slap in the face of the United States of America to think that other countries HATE us so much!  HATRED all around us...it will NEVER make sense!

I can't help but cry as I watch those paying tribute to their lost loved ones, and as one woman said...."This is a day STAMPED in HISTORY".

My heart goes out to our country and to ALL the families who suffered loss!

PEACE WHERE ARE YOU....YOU ARE NEEDED THROUGHOUT THE WORLD!

Fluter :smitten: 

It all happened very late at night here in Australia. I was actually on vacation at the time, so I was still up watching the late news on TV (I think it was around 11pm). I was just about to turn the TV off and go to bed when the presenter said there was something happened at the World Trade Centre, and they started showing live coverage.

Of course at first everyone thought it was just a terrible accident. When a plane appeared in the distant I though it was just a military plane coming to check out the situation, but I couldn't believe my eyes when it then just ploughed straight into the second tower. I couldn't draw myself away from the TV for the rest of the night, but by about 5am I felt totally distraught and exhausted by planes crashing and towers collasping that I had to turn the TV off. I couldn't stop crying for all the people who were suffering and had suffered. Because we were seeing it live, there wasn't time for any editing to be done, and seeing those people fall/jump from the towers was just horrific. It's something that I can never erase from my brain.

It makes my heart hurt to think that we are on the brink of more of the same. Even here in Australia, where we are normally sheltered a bit from this kind of terrorist hatred, we will probably have our terrorist alert lifted to "high" meaning an attack in Australia is now likely, after arrests were made this week. It's just horrible what is happening, and how much hatred and senseless murders and violence there is in the world.

I was concerned about even bringing up this topic........I was out hiking with my Golden Retriever and we climbed up top a hill where you could see into NYC.  I saw all this smoke in the sky and then more smoke and was wondering what the heck was going on. When I got home and turned on the news I saw the horror and realized what the smoke in the sky was.

Still hard to comprehend.....

I remember the morning it happened.  I watched those twin towers and building 7 get demolished and couldn't believe it.  Before I went to work on the 2nd shift, I went to my local church and sat in a pew and just stared at the huge mural of Jesus on the wall in front of me.  I was in shock.  Now when I learn more of the truth about who was behind the attacks, I'm in even more shock.  But, that's not the discussion on this thread.

I was concerned about even bringing up this topic........I was out hiking with my Golden Retriever and we climbed up top a hill where you could see into NYC.  I saw all this smoke in the sky and then more smoke and was wondering what the heck was going on. When I got home and turned on the news I saw the horror and realized what the smoke in the sky was.

BetterDays,

I for one am glad that you brought this up. We need to remember and honor.

I know how it made me feel just watching it play out on TV...I can't even begin to  imagine what you must have felt to be there and see it as it unfolded in your line of sight?

It's something we will NEVER forget!

Blessings,

Fluter :angel:

Still hard to comprehend.....

Oh thanks....It is such a tragic topic and I know we are all under enough stress dealing with the benzo stuff.  But, it is something that was on my mind all day yesterday - how can it not right? Yeah, very surreal to see the smoke and then another big poof of more smoke and then realizing what had happened.

Cannot even imagine what it must have been like for the people at ground zero.....

I'm so glad you guys shared your stories.....Peace. BD