Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What do you want to do when you are all better?

[10...]

I am starting this thread because this whole experience has caused me to really take a look at life and realize that I have missed out on a lot of things. Mostly due to laziness, but this has been a complete eye-opener.

The rules are simple! Just list out things you would like to do when you start to feel better or are completely recovered! :)

My list:

1) Go back to work (I miss it SO much! I dont even have a great job, but I MISS being productive!)

2) Visit family (My brother has cancer, but the agoraphobia has made it nearly impossible to get out of the house outside of doctors appointments)

3) Take a vacation! I had a friend from the UK come visit me earlier in recovery and taught me a lot about Europe. Made me very interested in visiting!

4) Be able to play a videogame without having to look twice at text and attempting to comprehend what is actually going on. Or stopping because my anxiety is going sky-high even though nothing of value is really going on.

5) Cuddle with my partner. (Ive had a few windows where I could, but for the most part it is difficult because I dont like being smothered)

6) Eat food and not be sensitive to it! (In the last month, my diet consists of: Eggs, Salad, Hashbrowns, Chili, and stir fry. I cant physically stomach anything else unless it is somehow comprised of the ingredients above.)

7) Drink something other than milk or tea or water. Even a nice sugary juice would suffice.

8) Continue to learn French (I have suffered because I find it difficult to sit down and read in a language that isnt English, takes way too much concentration).

Just a small list of things, but I like to be positive and goal-oriented. I wanna hear what other people would like to do :)

Excellent thread idea!

1) Enjoy and appreciate my family more. I love them, but I feel disconnected. When this goes, I'll be the happiest person in the world.

2) Enjoy holidays and spending time with family.

3) Get into video games again. I can't wait to play the upcoming Zelda and Smash Bros. games on the Wii U and enjoy them. I like the Sims too.

4) Drive around and blast my favorite music!

5) Enjoy eating out and eating whatever I want! Funny thing, Orionbash! My meals always consist of eggs, salads and potatoes and nothing else! Lol.

6) Get a job and work towards buying a house and starting a family.

7) Trade in my car for a Mustang GT! Now I know life is way too short for a boring car!

8) Feel the comfort of my bed. Feel like I don't want to get out of bed instead of jolting up every morning.

Excellent thread idea!

1) Enjoy and appreciate my family more. I love them, but I feel disconnected. When this goes, I'll be the happiest person in the world.

2) Enjoy holidays and spending time with family.

3) Get into video games again. I can't wait to play the upcoming Zelda and Smash Bros. games on the Wii U and enjoy them. I like the Sims too.

4) Drive around and blast my favorite music!

5) Enjoy eating out and eating whatever I want! Funny thing, Orionbash! My meals always consist of eggs, salads and potatoes and nothing else! Lol.

6) Get a job and work towards buying a house and starting a family.

7) Trade in my car for a Mustang GT! Now I know life is way too short for a boring car!

8) Feel the comfort of my bed. Feel like I don't want to get out of bed instead of jolting up every morning.

Awesome :) Those all seem like really fun things. And Im glad to hear that Im not the only one on the eggs, salad, and potatoes diet. LOL

Buying another show quality dog and begin showing again in AKC competitions. After 20 years of competing, I really miss it. Also, I need a full-time job. No job, no showing. $$$$. It will cost me $5,000 to get a show quality golden retriever puppy.

yup, the food rewards. i want to go to a chinese restaurant buffet, have 3 plates of msg laden food, go home, sleep it off, then do the same thing the next day---repeat for a week......

Eat some chocolate without having the feeling that I am coming out of an anaesthetic crossed with a really bad dream and the flu all mixed together.

To be able to be pain free. Just walking around aimlessly without a single symptom. That is my dream.

sleep deeply for 8 or more hours, and wake up feeling refreshed.  that would be my biggest dream.

and travel more, and run more, and read more.  and yes, coffee!

Z

Great thread!

1) Get married to my fiance and enjoy all of the happy, joyous chaos that comes along with it. I want to stand in front of an entire crowd of people, say our vows, and then literally skip down the aisle afterward.

2) Have enough energy to travel and explore. Wake up at the crack of dawn and go all day until my head peacefully hits the pillow at night.

3) Go out dancing with friends, have a few drinks, and make lots of memories.

Get married, which will also involve a fantastic tropical honeymoon. ;D

My fiance' wants to get married soon, but I honestly can't bring myself to go through with it while I'm like this. I keep telling her that I want to be able to actually feel joy at our wedding and to be able to look back at it with nostalgia rather than relief that that godawful and nightmarish period of my life is over.

As said....great thread! Something I think about often...although, it can be extra depressing.

Not in any order....just some if the many random thoughts I have.

Being Me! I used to smile naturally and had confidence in myself. Now that upsets me...

Appreciating the few loving people in my life

Being sociable & not wanting to leave a social event after 10 mins!

Sleeping properly....my pattern is either no sleep at all, then dozing all day...to falling asleep early and waking at 3-4 in the morning.

Sleeping in the same bed as my 'very understanding girlfriend'

Having a 'normal' sex life....my libido is non existent.

Generally looking after myself

Having days of severe depression....and sometimes suicidal thoughts.

Being able, as a 44 year old man, to a happy and normal future

Wow, this is hard.....you get the picture!

• 1 month later...

-be so happy that I'm again in paradise

-smile non stop every single day

-listen non stop to u2 song 'beautiful day'

-sing

-dance

-put on my running shoes and run and scream "i made it"

-magnify God

-read books to my girl till she is sick from me

-sleep as much as i want

-maybe create my Facebook account

-travel to L.A.

and so much more....

:thumbsup:

i will work harder to reach my dream

i will be more compassionate with others

i will enjoy life just being free of affliction

i will put my daughter in Medical School...and make her a psychiatrist

.....i will not stray away from God Almighty

• 3 weeks later...

a few updates.....

im not creating my fake book account,,,,,,i prefer to be out among real people...

L.A. im trading for U2 concert, i think i might get a heart attack if i ever will make it to their concert :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

go back to my Paradise oasis LUGANO....the most beautiful place i ever seen,,,,,,

go back to my hobby children face painting,,,,my daughter is the most awesome assistant you ever have :angel:

I'm sure there is much more....

i will update later :smitten:

[07...]

when i heal i want to..

1) feel the peace in my body again and enjoy it..

2) go shopping and buy my grandkids everything they want and be there to enjoy it.

3) go to a party and dance til i drop..

4)walk out doors and look up in the sky and feel all the joy for life and love being there.

5) i miss feeling love and joy the most i want my soul back and feel the love again. :smitten: i miss me :smitten: