Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Robin Williams dead

[be...]

I heard shrink Dr. Peter Bregin say on Coast to Coast last that any drug that makes you feel good will cause depression.  I guess that includes alcohol, cocaine, benzo's, etc.

Besides side effects from drugs, including the prescription ones, anything that goes wrong in life cause depression. It is called in old terms sadness or despair. 

In the old times the sad poets died of cirrhosis. They did not need to hung themselves. Alcohol was doing the job.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [un...]

• [Di...]

• [Be...]

I heard shrink Dr. Peter Bregin say on Coast to Coast last that any drug that makes you feel good will cause depression.  I guess that includes alcohol, cocaine, benzo's, etc.

Besides side effects from drugs, including the prescription ones, anything that goes wrong in life cause depression. It is called in old terms sadness or despair. 

In the old times the sad poets died of cirrhosis. They did not need to hung themselves. Alcohol was doing the job.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dr. Peter Bregin is a shrink who won't prescribe drugs to his patients.  He knows that drugs change the brain.  Maybe RW took drugs and alcohol for so long that he just couldn't live sober.  For whatever he was taking it for, it might have made it worse when he finally got clean.  Kind of like these poisons we've taken.  It can make the s/x's worse for which they were taken for in the first place when you get off them.

Dr. Peter Bregin is a shrink who won't prescribe drugs to his patients.  He knows that drugs change the brain.  Maybe RW took drugs and alcohol for so long that he just couldn't live sober.  For whatever he was taking it for, it might have made it worse when he finally got clean.  Kind of like these poisons we've taken.  It can make the s/x's worse for which they were taken for in the first place when you get off them.

You make an excellent point here. But don't you think Robin was an prime candidate for an AD? You have to look at the mean between the extreme. And Dr. Bregin is on the extreme end. And Robin was also in the extreme, but on the other end of the spectrum. Bets

RIP Robin Williams. I was never an avid fan or anything but Mrs Doubtfire was a landmark movie. One of those classic family shows you just don't see anymore. Sad times. He will be missed.

Before he apparently took his own life, Robin Williams sent an inspiring message to a young New Zealand woman battling terminal cancer.

Vivian Waller, who's in an Auckland hospice suffering from lung, bowel and liver cancer, made a five-item bucket list after her cancer diagnosis in January, according to New Zealand's Sunday Star-Times. One of those items was to meet Williams.

When Waller, 21, became too ill to travel to the United States, a friend reached out to Williams, who recorded a short but sweet video message to Waller.

"Hi Vivian, it's Robin Williams here saying, 'Hey girl what's going on down there in New Zealand,'" the late comedian said in the video with an affected New Zealand accent.

"I'm sending all my love to you, Jack and Sophie," the comedian added, referring to Waller's husband and 1-year-old daughter. "Knock this off your bucket list."

Robin Williams Was in 'Early Stages of Parkinson's Disease,' Wife Says

'Mrs. Doubtfire' Star Mara Wilson Remembers Her 'Favorite Teacher' Robin Williams

Williams then did a Matthew McConaughey impression: "I said, hey, hey, hey, what's goin' on, what's goin' on, it's all right, it's all right, it's all right. I'm just channeling Matthew McConaughey."

He signed off with "much love to you baby," blowing Waller a kiss.

Waller's husband, Jack, said his failing wife is thrilled with the video, and that he hasn't had the heart to tell her that Williams committed suicide.

"We are just enjoying the time we have together," he said. "We take things a day at a time."

He said he wanted to share Williams' personal message because "we love him, we want to show people how awesome a person he was."