Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Robin Williams dead

[be...]

Asphyxia sometimes means one choked on their own vomit. I guess we'll find out in days to come.

R.I.P.  Robin. Sorry it was so painful for you. 

<<

Sorry it was so painful for you.

>>

Me too.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [un...]

• [Di...]

• [Be...]

It's so sad.  He seemed like such a nice person.  How did he end it all?  Just wondering.

Asphyxia. He went into alcohol/drug detox in 1996 and in July 2014. But his spokesperson said the 1014 trip was just a "check up" and he was clean. But he battled  drug/alcohol addiction for more than 20 years. He even made fun of his addiction on night time talk shows. I just saw a couple of them on TV now.

What exactly does "asphyxia" mean in a suicide?

Usually by hanging yourself. But it could also be from acute respiratory distress syndrome, which can be caused by a drug overdose.  Bets

Yikes. I can't believe it. Robin went to detox at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, same place as me. It was horrific and the psych is charge was very hostile. He yanked me off Paxil and 13 mg of Xanax at the same time. No anti seizure med. He doesn't believe in ADs. He says you should just tough it out yourself. I still have nightmares about that place. No wonder he killed himself. I think the CCF killed him. I felt like doing so as well. Bets

Someone mentioned that he might have been bipolar. I tell ya, after spending 15 minutes with him I could tell he had a bad case of it. Bets

Bets, how could tell he was bipolar? Ive worked as a Psych Nurse, and couldn't tell. Just curious.

But how cool, that you met him!!!!

Asphyxia simply means "to cut off oxygen supply". Could be by hanging, vomiting and aspirating it, choking, any number of ways. Doesn't matter.....RW is gone, and a light has gone out in the world.

east

Bets, how could tell he was bipolar? Ive worked as a Psych Nurse, and couldn't tell. Just curious.

But how cool, that you met him!!!!

Asphyxia simply means "to cut off oxygen supply". Could be by hanging, vomiting and aspirating it, choking, any number of ways. Doesn't matter.....RW is gone, and a light has gone out in the world.

east

B/C he had to ask the waiter for the exact same amount of cubes in his drink. Each time one melted, he asked for a replacement. All of his utensils had to be in the same order/ lined up like soldiers. Once he drank, he had to put his glass on the exact same spot where he left it. And he was quite manic. He wanted to do 5 things at once. And even he had ideas of grandeur.

Benzogirl,

Most of what you describe are sx of OCD. Stick to interviewing the stars.

Sorry. That's what I meant. OCD. I don't know how I mixed up the illnesses. My mistake. Sorry. But he had OCD, as far as I could tell. I'll interview any star whom I choose to. You are rather condescending. To the point of being rude.

Unfortunately I did find out on the web that he did hang himself.  Friends and family are angry the media published the alleged details. 

Oh, please. And I was just about to apologize.

You can still apologize. There is no time limit on these things......

I'm sorry. I'm having a bad day.

I've had those days myself. I usually shut off my computer and go for a long walk, just to chill out and not type in demeaning things. We all get like this from time to time. Remember, we are dealing with a very serious issue that can make us have negative thoughts. You were right to point out that I made a mistake. I do so more than I like (benzo brain) and like to be corrected, but in a nice way. Luckily, your day should soon be over. Tomorrow, eh? Who knows.  :smitten:

I heard shrink Dr. Peter Bregin say on Coast to Coast last that any drug that makes you feel good will cause depression.  I guess that includes alcohol, cocaine, benzo's, etc. 

the last Robin Williams movie i saw was a old movie Hook(1991) its kinda like a kid's movie i thought he did a great job on there still