Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Robin Williams dead

[be...]

Robin Williams, 63, just committed suicide. The online New York Times said he has suffered from severe depression for years. I had lunch with him once -- alone --and couldn't even eat b/c he made me laugh so hard. I couldn't even interview him b/c he just kept rattling joke after joke. It was the only assignment I failed to turn in. Soooooooo sad. The nicest person I ever met.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [un...]

• [Di...]

• [Be...]

It's so sad.  He seemed like such a nice person.  How did he end it all?  Just wondering.

Asphyxia. He went into alcohol/drug detox in 1996 and in July 2014. But his spokesperson said the 1014 trip was just a "check up" and he was clean. But he battled  drug/alcohol addiction for more than 20 years. He even made fun of his addiction on night time talk shows. I just saw a couple of them on TV now.

WHAT WHAT WHAT!! Did this just happen? I hadn't heard anything. I'M SHOCKED.

Happened at 9:30 am, west coast American time. 12:30 my time in CT, USA.

I've been at work so haven't heard any news. I've just turned the radio on to see what they're saying. Nothng so far, but the news will come on in a few minutes.

I'm really shocked. I've loved RW ever since I saw him years ago on Happy Days when he first appeared as Mork from Ork.

This is so sad.  :'(

I've been at work so haven't heard any news. I've just turned the radio on to see what they're saying. Nothng so far, but the news will come on in a few minutes.

I'm really shocked. I've loved RW ever since I saw him years ago on Happy Days when he first appeared as Mork from Ork.

This is so sad.  :'(

CNN just happened to show that particular scene just a few minutes ago. They said someone was to show up on Monday for practice, but they couldn't find anyone until Wed. They had Henry Winkler on and he said the only thing he could do was not to act, but to keep from laughing. Bets

I remember the very first episode that was aired of Mork and Mindy was so hysterical that I almost peed my pants. I was laughing so hard. Normally sitcoms just give chuckles, but this was full-on ROTFL. RW was so different to any other comedy actor anyone had seen at that time.

I remember the very first episode that was aired of Mork and Mindy was so hysterical that I almost peed my pants. I was laughing so hard. Normally sitcoms just give chuckles, but this was full-on ROTFL. RW was so different to any other comedy actor anyone had seen at that time.

Amen to that sis. I also had lunch with Steve Martin. What an A-Hole. He has to have other people write his jokes. He was a meanie I tell ya!

How are you doing since the jump diazapam?

I'm doing pretty well thanks. Sleep is still a little up and down, but that's to be expected for a while. It's getting better though.

I hope you are doing well.

Amen to that sis. I also had lunch with Steve Martin. What an A-Hole. He has to have other people write his jokes. He was a meanie I tell ya!

Wow, how to you manage to get lunch with these people..lol.. I've heard that about Steve Martin. He's apparently not the "up" kind of guy he appears to be on the screen.

Robin Williams was such a well rounded actor/comedian.

I loved him in dramatic roles (Awakenings, Patch Adams, Goodwill Hunting, and The Dead Poet's Society). He was so versatile.

What a sad day for all who loved him for the great artist he was....he will be missed.

FB

I've met 100s of celebs. More than you can count. I am a reporter/journalist and Hollywood was my beat. For 16 years. I'd have to say that Jane Fonda was my 2nd favorite. Also Martin Sheen. I met Charlie Sheen at a cocktail party and he was just sitting there with a big puss on his face. He had white "snow" around his nose. I walked up to him and said, "Charlie, you really need to get into rehab." He just stared at me. The very next week I learned he turned himself into the Betty Ford Clinic. Ted Turner is a mean nasty drunk and he fell off the stage while trying to present an award to his wife at the time. Everyone laughed at him. But not him!

He was a great actor.

My favorite was Fisher king.

RIP.

For me, it's gotta be Mrs. Doubtfire and Good Will Hunting. Challis just reminded me about the boobs. he he he. ;D

It's so sad.  He seemed like such a nice person.  How did he end it all?  Just wondering.

Asphyxia. He went into alcohol/drug detox in 1996 and in July 2014. But his spokesperson said the 1014 trip was just a "check up" and he was clean. But he battled  drug/alcohol addiction for more than 20 years. He even made fun of his addiction on night time talk shows. I just saw a couple of them on TV now.

What exactly does "asphyxia" mean in a suicide?

He most likely hung himself.  :-\

Anyways, didn't see this thread, was replying to the one in the "chewing the fat" section, which quite frankly I'm not sure deserved to be closed.

I'm fairly young(20's), so my first exposure to RW was Mrs. Doubtfire and Jumanji. Those movies are both a huge part of my childhood.

What's everyone's favorite movie from Robin? I absolutely loved his performance in Good Will Hunting, I think it earned him a "best-supporting actor" Oscar.

RIP  :'(

It means death by lack of oxygen.

This reminde me painfully about my suicide watch last year when I was afraid that my husband, after he told me that he found an efficient way on the internet, was going to order a so called suicide kit. I spent months monitoring the mail and checking the house for any suspect device.

I think the problem with Robbin as many others is that money cannot solve fast everything.

That is why somebody on the fast track falls deadly in situations when people like BB survive. It is all about time and resiliency, thinks hat money cannot buy.

Anyways, didn't see this thread, was replying to the one in the "chewing the fat" section, which quite frankly I'm not sure deserved to be closed.

I'm fairly young(20's), so my first exposure to RW was Mrs. Doubtfire and Jumanji. Those movies are both a huge part of my childhood.

What's everyone's favorite movie from Robin? I absolutely loved his performance in Good Will Hunting, I think it earned him a "best-supporting actor" Oscar.

The thread is open once again.

I love Mrs. Doubtfire, but I think that Robin did best with no script at all,  he was an amazingly creative on the spot. 

Asphyxia sometimes means one choked on their own vomit. I guess we'll find out in days to come.

R.I.P.  Robin. Sorry it was so painful for you.